wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a friend once said, we can't all be rock stars, who's gonna drive the bus?
Belive it or not some people do not want to be rock stars. I for what ever reason am not comfortable with every one knowing my name. I find it brings unwanted scrutiny and I am some what of a private person!
What he meant by that was that if we all have enough money, nobody's going to want to work anymore, so who is going to bake the bread, deliver the mail, milk the cows...?
I get it. There must be some sort of incentive or we do not get up in the morning. This is why communism died, that and corruption. There is no perfect form of government they all have inherrent weaknesses. Same money for all does not work, neither will one person making a thousand times more than the typical person. Extremes must be avoided or the governemnt will not fly, no matter the government installed.

rightwinger Crepitus Dragonlady
You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I derserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”
Haha...you crazy whackos.

Liberals don’t say that either, so what's your point?

What we do say is that starving public education and diverting public funds to charter schools is guaranteeing a permanent underclass in America.

That “legacy” admissions to colleges is giving middle class white kids an unfair advantage to better qualified poor kids.

That access to health care is a right, not a perk.

In 1980, the poor had a 20% chance of working their way out of poverty. The right wing policies of successive administrations have reduced that chance to under 3%. Time to level the playing field.

There are far more poor people than rich, and that number is growing. The “American Dream” is in serious danger of becoming a myth.
Obammy tried hard to increase the numbers. Thanks Donald

Just a little math....
According to Franchise Business Review...an average Burger King makes about a net $80k a year in profit.
Most employees make less than $10 an hour, but lets go ahead and say they do to make this easy.
So you would have to raise every employee $5 an hour.
If your store is open 16 hours a day with an average of 6 employees, that is 96 hours a day.
That is 672 man hours a week, about 2700 a month or 33,000 a year. Times 5 = $161,280.
Overnight the Franchise owner would lose $81,000 a year.
To survive he would have to raise his prices so he profited an additional $81,000 to pay the wage difference.
The average profit is a mere 6.7%, so he would have to earn an additional $1.2 million in revenue to pay that cost. ...$3,200 a day. The average store brings in $4,200 a day.
He would have to raise prices by more than double, and still sell the same amount of orders.
Good luck with that.

There you go getting all sensible and logical....LefTards hate that shit.

Ummmm.....because we are the UNITED States

We also take money from you and build irrigation systems in the dessert.
The founders had no concept of what it takes to run a modern government
When you were in civics/government class, do you remember why the individual states decided to form a union?

1. Unified Defense
2. Common Currency
3. To make transactions between citizens of one state and another consistent (they were trying to fuck each other over), AKA regulate Interstate Commerce (which the left has bastardized to mean regulating EVERYTHING)

After the Civil War, we became the UNITED States not a bunch of states who are united

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

It they manage their money wisely, they can.
Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

LOLOLOLOL, as that way in the Obama economy. In the Trump economy, the worker goes and gets a higher paying job! You don't pay enough in the Trump economy, you don't have any workers.

Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.
That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).
No, the problem is wges haven't kept pace with the cost of living.

If you take out cell phones, cable tv, manicures, and vacations the cost of living hasn't gone up that much.
Salaries have not kept pace with rising housing costs, food, energy or education

Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.
That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).
No, the problem is wges haven't kept pace with the cost of living.

If you take out cell phones, cable tv, manicures, and vacations the cost of living hasn't gone up that much.
Salaries have not kept pace with rising housing costs, food, energy or education

Yes, but that is because all three of the costs you list have been artificially elevated because of government interference in those areas.
The housing crises was a direct result of the government getting into the mortgage business.
Tuition is fantastically exacerbated by the government getting into education finance business.
Produce is higher because of the government picking and choosing what products to heavily subsidize, namely corn and soy for instance. They are all dirt cheap to the consumer. But other produce is either not subsidized at all or very little.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Very true

Most countries understand that

Interesting. Why would one 'deserve' that?
Comes with belonging to a society

Great societies do not rely on “every man for himself”

Define great society. I'm guessing for you it means a government that takes from one person and gives to another. You do realize that there are many versions of society and each one thinks theirs is great.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Yes, but wealth is not unethical. Wealth generated by paying your employees so little they need foodstamps to feed themselves even though they have a full time job is though. So is wealth generated by price gouging on necessities like medical care or medicine.
Who put a gun to your head and makes you work for that employer?

You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I deserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”
Only conservatives trivialize social programs as......others should pay my way

Modern societies look at it as helping those who need help.
Conservatives look at it as.......let em die
Do you just bang on the keyboard to see what comes out or do you ever put any thought into it? Conservatives in general are very generous and like to choose who, what, where, when and how they give of their wealth to help others. Liberals like to decide how they want to spend wealthy people's money for them.

You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I deserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”
Only conservatives trivialize social programs as......others should pay my way

Modern societies look at it as helping those who need help.
Conservatives look at it as.......let em die
Do you just bang on the keyboard to see what comes out or do you ever put any thought into it? Conservatives in general are very generous and like to choose who, what, where, when and how they give of their wealth to help others. Liberals like to decide how they want to spend wealthy people's money for them.
Tell me more about trickle down

Ensuring people have access to affordable housing, healthcare and food does not constitute universal income
Who is preventing some people from having access to housing, healthcare, and food? Who is being cheated?

The purpose of government is to protect the liberty of individuals to provide for themselves without violent interference from other individuals. Government's purpose is NOT to BECOME the violent interference.

Very true

Most countries understand that

Really? Which nations have the same universal income for all citizens?
Who has ever advocated universal income other than rightwing fantasies

Ensuring people have access to affordable housing, healthcare and food does not constitute universal income

What is "affordable" housing? And how do you ensure people have it? Do you make people sell/rent places cheaper or do you increase wages so they have the rent/mortgage money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back