wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon someone.......
Ensuring people have access to affordable housing, healthcare and food does not constitute universal income

Define access, specifically.

1) Affordable housing...define access.
2) Healthcare...
3) Food....

Ensuring people have access to affordable housing, healthcare and food does not constitute universal income

2) Healthcare...
3) Food....
Glad you ask.....
Let’s start with housing, healthcare and food that working Americans can afford without government assistance

If our “job creators” would pay a living age, we wouldn’t need the government to subsidize them

What is "affordable" housing? And how do you ensure people have it? Do you make people sell/rent places cheaper or do you increase wages so they have the rent/mortgage money?
And both of those options assume that the problem is too much liberty and/or not enough government.

They also assume that the solution is more government. That is pretty much never the solution.

2) Healthcare...
3) Food....
Glad you ask.....
Let’s start with housing, healthcare and food that working Americans can afford without government assistance

If our “job creators” would pay a living age, we wouldn’t need the government to subsidize them

Define a living wage.
Is everyone now working not living?

If they cancel cable, cell phone, and manicure appointments they won't need government assistance.

Can anyone show where a serious proposal for universal income has ever been made?

2) Healthcare...
3) Food....
Glad you ask.....

Define a living wage.

If they cancel cable, cell phone, and manicure appointments they won't need government assistance.
Same old bullshit about the poor has it too good

Show me where a family struggling to survive in Appalachia has cable TV, cell phones and manicures

Ummmm.....because we are the UNITED States

We also take money from you and build irrigation systems in the dessert.
The founders had no concept of what it takes to run a modern government
When you were in civics/government class, do you remember why the individual states decided to form a union?

1. Unified Defense
2. Common Currency
3. To make transactions between citizens of one state and another consistent (they were trying to fuck each other over), AKA regulate Interstate Commerce (which the left has bastardized to mean regulating EVERYTHING)

After the Civil War, we became the UNITED States not a bunch of states who are united

You'll have to explain that one as well.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Very true

Most countries understand that

Really? Which nations have the same universal income for all citizens?
Who has ever advocated universal income other than rightwing fantasies

Affordable housing caused the Real Estate crash of 2008. Government healthcare programs caused healthcare to become unaffordable. Right now there is no great food problem but, let the organic freaks loose and there will be. Neo-Marxists fuck up everything.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Very true

Most countries understand that

Really? Which nations have the same universal income for all citizens?
Who has ever advocated universal income other than rightwing fantasies

Affordable housing caused the Real Estate crash of 2008. Government healthcare programs caused healthcare to become unaffordable. Right now there is no great food problem but, let the organic freaks loose and there will be. Neo-Marxists fuck up everything.
Rampant speculation caused the crash

2) Healthcare...
3) Food....
Glad you ask.....

Define a living wage.

Same old bullshit about the poor has it too good

Show me where a family struggling to survive in Appalachia has cable TV, cell phones and manicures

Now you care about the people who live in Appalachia? LOL
They're Trump voters.

B.F. Skinner thought so in Walden II. For me, everyone ought to have the opportunity to secure housing, health care and a good education.

Why do you like school unions then? They kill education

School Boards when politicized harm students. Social conservatives worked to pack school boards and in some areas succeeded. School curriculum ought, IMO, prepare a student for life, not an after-life.

God and religion were not part of my public school education; with one exception. Our high school football coach had the entire team huddle before a game, and a pray was lead to keep out players safe; missing was any mention of keeping our opponents safe too. As a teenager I found this troubling.

During my formative years, I attended Catechism one a week, and then twice a week as we approached Confirmation. This, before the Second Vatican Council, include an admonition by the Nun that to attend any church or religious services other than Catholic, would be a serious sin. That too, and at a very young age, I found more than troubling - I lived in a diverse neighborhood and had friends who were raised as Jews, Mormons, and members of Protestant sects, as well as friends who never attended church.

I think this thread emphasizes the difference in how mainstream conservatives and mainstream liberals view poverty in this nation.
Speaking for myself, poverty in America is a symptom and not a disease.
And I firmly believe that the largest cause (the real disease) of poverty in America is self inflicted. Primarily a result of a long term poor decisions coupled with laziness. To get out of poverty, one must change what they are doing. You can't keep doing all of the things that is causing your condition and expect someone else to fix it all for you. Enter liberals. This is how they see poverty. Something tangible that can be fixed by throwing money at it. That is short sided, and despite catastrophic results of liberal social policies of the 60's and 70's that dramatically GREW the problem rather than fix it....they still want to hold on to the ridiculous theory

Can anyone show where a serious proposal for universal income has ever been made?

Finland Has Second Thoughts About Giving Free Money to Jobless People

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In THIS country

These things are done in baby steps in order to get people to go along. It is like the frog in the pot of water...
Show me where anyone is advocating anything like universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back