wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
rightwinger Crepitus Dragonlady
You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I deserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”
Haha...you crazy whackos.
Are ya stupid? None of us are asking anyone to pay our way. We are volunteering to pay yours.

No kidding, who do you want to pay for healthcare, pay for education?

You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I derserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”

Liberals don’t say that either, so what's your point?

What we do say is that starving public education and diverting public funds to charter schools is guaranteeing a permanent underclass in America.

That “legacy” admissions to colleges is giving middle class white kids an unfair advantage to better qualified poor kids.

That access to health care is a right, not a perk.

In 1980, the poor had a 20% chance of working their way out of poverty. The right wing policies of successive administrations have reduced that chance to under 3%. Time to level the playing field.

There are far more poor people than rich, and that number is growing. The “American Dream” is in serious danger of becoming a myth.
all the money in america will never fix the unionized school program. it's dead. it's been dead for quite some time. we pushed through20% increases to the school only to see nothing change. so, literally money isn't the issue. No matter how much you wish to cry it is. history is on my side here. Giving family options to better their child's exposure is what is needed. now get off your fking asses and agree.

It's like public education. Now everyone gets one for free and we have more fucking illiterates and morons "Graduating" high school that at any point in human history. The only beneficiary is the Democrat Party that depends on uneducated, government dependent people trapped into an inter-generational cycle of poverty

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

It they manage their money wisely, they can.
Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

Do you realize if you're getting paid so little you can quit and find a different job?

Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.
That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).
No, the problem is wges haven't kept pace with the cost of living.

Why does anyone deserve anything? Who chooses what we all "deserve"?

I deserve to be on the PGA tour, after all I have worked hard at getting better at golf. But sadly I am about 40 strokes from making the cut, but that is just not fair. Please get me on the PGA tour...hell I would settle for the senior PGA!
Do you play on public golf courses?

Why should your golf be subsidized?

I always wondered about that myself, I guess it is the same mindset that pays for parks and bike trails and the like.
Free stuff

Nothing is free. The citizens of the community I live in voted for and approved tax funds to pay for these things as they are seen as a benefit to the community as a whole. It was a willing choice by the majority of the people that voted on them.
Now you are getting it

Those same citizens vote to provide tax funds to help those in our society who need help

Helping those in need is not the same as giving everyone the same universal income.

I have little problem helping those in need, I have a bigger problem helping those who refuse to help themselves.

Just because something in a small quantities works well does not mean it does so large scale.

A pinch of nutmeg is a wonderful spice that adds to many dishes. A half an ounce of it will kill you.

You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I deserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”
Are ya stupid? None of us are asking anyone to pay our way. We are volunteering to pay yours.

Us, and by us I mean all of us taxpaying, productive adults.

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

Do you realize if you're getting paid so little you can quit and find a different job?
That great, where is it?

Us, and by us I mean all of us taxpaying, productive adults.

Glad to hear that, will you be sending cash or check?

That great, where is it?

WTF...where is it? You may have to put some effort into finding a job...didn't your parents teach you anything?

And why haven't they?

Here it is again. The problem of low wages, as identified by the left, is a function of:
[x] too much liberty
[x] too little government

Congratulations. You managed to hit both of them.

Wages have not kept pace because there are at least 11 million people here who don't belong, who are willing to do unskilled jobs for less than the cost of living.

I guarantee you, if American employers were suddenly left begging for workers, wages would necessarily increase on their own. Company A would want Worker 1. So would Company B. Company A offers $10 per hour. Company B counters with $12. Back and forth and the market wage increases naturally.

Supply and demand.

:dunno:

or the employee is in the wrong job for their spending habits.

With each passing day, I come to the realization that leftists do not understand simple economics.

That HAS to be a deliberate failing on the party of the leftist public school system. Keep the masses ignorant of basic economics and they will buy the communist lie.

Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.
That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).

If you take out cell phones, cable tv, manicures, and vacations the cost of living hasn't gone up that much.

Interesting. Why would one 'deserve' that?
Comes with belonging to a society

Great societies do not rely on “every man for himself”

Explain. Why would one deserve something from others simply by virtue of existing?
Because that is how societies work

So you are in agreement with "From each according to his abilities, to each according to his need"?
That is how societies function
Marx was right

His vision was not implemented correctly

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness ......what a Commie principle

:lmao:

Marxists are so fucking stupid. They never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back