wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread emphasizes the difference in how mainstream conservatives and mainstream liberals view poverty in this nation.
Speaking for myself, poverty in America is a symptom and not a disease.
And I firmly believe that the largest cause (the real disease) of poverty in America is self inflicted. Primarily a result of a long term poor decisions coupled with laziness. To get out of poverty, one must change what they are doing. You can't keep doing all of the things that is causing your condition and expect someone else to fix it all for you. Enter liberals. This is how they see poverty. Something tangible that can be fixed by throwing money at it. That is short sided, and despite catastrophic results of liberal social policies of the 60's and 70's that dramatically GREW the problem rather than fix it....they still want to hold on to the ridiculous theory
Classic blame the victim for their poverty

Many poor people work very hard. Menial jobs that used to support a family but no longer do. Manufacturing jobs used to be a stepping stone out of poverty......they are mostly gone. Few low skilled jobs offer benefits
The ladder to success is missing too many rungs

I think this thread emphasizes the difference in how mainstream conservatives and mainstream liberals view poverty in this nation.
And I firmly believe that the largest cause (the real disease) of poverty in America is self inflicted. Primarily a result of a long term poor decisions coupled with laziness. To get out of poverty, one must change what they are doing. You can't keep doing all of the things that is causing your condition and expect someone else to fix it all for you. Enter liberals. This is how they see poverty. Something tangible that can be fixed by throwing money at it. That is short sided, and despite catastrophic results of liberal social policies of the 60's and 70's that dramatically GREW the problem rather than fix it....they still want to hold on to the ridiculous theory

Many poor people work very hard. Menial jobs that used to support a family but no longer do. Manufacturing jobs used to be a stepping stone out of poverty......they are mostly gone. Few low skilled jobs offer benefits

Victim. Of what?
Do you seriously believe there is no significant correlation between poverty and poor life choices??
Who made those choices?
You bet manufacturing is gone. You know what RW,...if HALF, just half of liberals in America would refuse to buy products made in China, Vietnam...refuse to buy appliances that moved to Mexico...and instead gave two seconds of effort to choose American made whenever possible - manufacturing would be back. But that isn't going to happen.
Bringing good jobs back to America REQUIRES a demand for those products. Demand from liberals also.
But gee....truth is...conservatives do more to find American made products than liberals.
And not to say conservatives on average try and buy American...not even close...but of the few that do, I bet my house most are conservative.

Victim. Of what?
Do you seriously believe there is no significant correlation between poverty and poor life choices??
Who made those choices?
You bet manufacturing is gone. You know what RW,...if HALF, just half of liberals in America would refuse to buy products made in China, Vietnam...refuse to buy appliances that moved to Mexico...and instead gave two seconds of effort to choose American made whenever possible - manufacturing would be back. But that isn't going to happen.
Bringing good jobs back to America REQUIRES a demand for those products. Demand from liberals also.
But gee....truth is...conservatives do more to find American made products than liberals.
And not to say conservatives on average try and buy American...not even close...but of the few that do, I bet my house most are conservative.
Menial jobs used to pay a wage you could support a family on. They no longer do.
It is the capitalists who shipped jobs over seas, it is the capitalists who just received a 50 percent tax cut and have not increased wages, it is the capitalists who have held down wages for over a decade

It is the poor who have suffered

Menial jobs used to pay a wage you could support a family on. They no longer do.
It is the capitalists who shipped jobs over seas, it is the capitalists who just received a 50 percent tax cut and have not increased wages, it is the capitalists who have held down wages for over a decade

Not the poor, they were here when there were jobs also.
The working middle class took more hits than anyone. You know...the folks Democrats have ignored. The folks that gave the white house to Trump that voted for Obama....twice.

Anyhow your post above. Is 100% correct.
Wages have been stagnant while the wealthier are getting far...far wealthier.
And the investor crowd is what sent jobs overseas.
All of that is true.
But, again, they could not have succeeded without the willing consent of the American consumer.
Again, if just 20% of the U.S. population demanded more American made goods it would have a tremendous impact of bringing jobs back. But then again, we would be called nationalist wouldn't we..we would be called "protectionist".
You can't have both ways.
You can't blame the elitist who only took advantage of OUR willingness to buy cheap shit. If we wouldn't demand it...they wouldn't make it.

Glad you ask.....
Let’s start with housing, healthcare and food that working Americans can afford without government assistance

If our “job creators” would pay a living age, we wouldn’t need the government to subsidize them
If our useless government would control who is allowed to enter and work here, the unskilled labor market would improve, forcing employers to compete for workers, rather than the other way around.

As I said, wages are a function of a flooded job market.

"Capitalists" shipping jobs overseas is a symptom of a different problem. I can already imagine your proposed solution. You would FORCE businesses to only employ Americans or make them pay a penalty to employ foreign labor, when the real solution is to make employing American's less burdensome or expensive. Start by elimination the TAX they are forced to pay for the privilege of employing an American.

Wages will increase as supply of available workers decreases or the number of jobs to available works increases.

This statement implies that someone is a perpetrator, which is more fucked-up Marxist reasoning.

The Bourgeoisie didn't rob the Proletariat and leave him homeless, or beat him to the point where he is unable to work.

NEVER have I seen a case where an able-bodied individual with a reasonably sound mind was incapable of earning a living.

Yet, you love, praise, and support one of the primary causes of this condition---ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Yes, but wealth is not unethical. Wealth generated by paying your employees so little they need foodstamps to feed themselves even though they have a full time job is though. So is wealth generated by price gouging on necessities like medical care or medicine.
There is nothing unethical about pricing the cost of labor and paying accordingly.

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.
They can. They just need a better job.

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

It they manage their money wisely, they can.
Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

If you're an adult working a min wage job you failed at life.

Glad you ask.....
Let’s start with housing, healthcare and food that working Americans can afford without government assistance

If our “job creators” would pay a living age, we wouldn’t need the government to subsidize them
If our useless government would control who is allowed to enter and work here, the unskilled labor market would improve, forcing employers to compete for workers, rather than the other way around.
Bullshit

Capitalists are exploiting the low skilled labor market whether it is immigrant or native born.

Can anyone show where a serious proposal for universal income has ever been made?

Finland Has Second Thoughts About Giving Free Money to Jobless People

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In THIS country

These things are done in baby steps in order to get people to go along. It is like the frog in the pot of water...
Show me where anyone is advocating anything like universal income

As I said, baby steps.

They are still working on getting us to accept universal health care, income is the step after that.

Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

Doesn’t excuse their exploitation while they hold low wage jobs. When that person moves on, they will replace him with another low wage worker

Can anyone show where a serious proposal for universal income has ever been made?

Finland Has Second Thoughts About Giving Free Money to Jobless People

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In THIS country

These things are done in baby steps in order to get people to go along. It is like the frog in the pot of water...
Show me where anyone is advocating anything like universal income

As I said, baby steps.

They are still working on getting us to accept universal health care, income is the step after that.

OK

Explain the baby steps between universal healthcare and everyone making the same wage

Doesn’t excuse their exploitation while they hold low wage jobs. When that person moves on, they will replace him with another low wage worker

Who in turn should move on.
If you dont work to better your situation you have no one to blame but yourself.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Very true

Most countries understand that

Interesting. Why would one 'deserve' that?
Comes with belonging to a society

Great societies do not rely on “every man for himself”

Explain. Why would one deserve something from others simply by virtue of existing?
Because that is how societies work
Very true

Most countries understand that

Interesting. Why would one 'deserve' that?
Comes with belonging to a society

Great societies do not rely on “every man for himself”

Explain. Why would one deserve something from others simply by virtue of existing?
Because that is how societies work

Really? Point to one that works that way.

"International: McKinsey report identifies basic income as a potential response to automation"

International: McKinsey report identifies basic income as a potential response to automation | Basic Income News

"As many as 375 million people may have to switch jobs as a result of automation by 2030. This is according to a new report published by the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), a private sector think tank and the business and economics research arm of McKinsey & Company."

Imho, the US is rapidly approaching a watershed where subsistence and wage labor will diverge, affecting not only where our money comes from but also how government acquires the revenues it needs to survive.

A Universal Basic Income that replaces all other forms of welfare is one partial solution to the first problem.

Ensuring people have access to affordable housing, healthcare and food does not constitute universal income
Who is preventing some people from having access to housing, healthcare, and food? Who is being cheated?

The purpose of government is to protect the liberty of individuals to provide for themselves without violent interference from other individuals. Government's purpose is NOT to BECOME the violent interference.
I want the government to protect me from lefturds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back