Welfare, not in the state of Texas

see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.
NO SUPPORT FOR ANCHOR BABIES IS A OK WITH ME!
GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM COCK ROACHES

In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

----------------------------------------
see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.

States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
--------------------------------------------
See what I mean, the republicans starve the kids.
Texas is not the worst state.
IF A WOMAN CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF A CHILD KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!

In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
--------------------------------------------
See what I mean, the republicans starve the kids.
Texas is not the worst state.
They can leave Texas.

Bottom Line...

Penelope and Hellbilly and company... you were born in the wrong country,
If you want to live in a nanny state - then you need to move somewhere where there is 50% - 80% taxation.
Course you won't live in an American style home either. It won't have a kitchen, but a little nook.
You won't have a washer/dryer, no dishwasher either. Your bedroom will only fit a full size mattress, and may not have a closet. You won't have a yard. Or a dining room, 2 or 3 bathrooms!! Hahah... only if your are wealthy.
If you don't like America's sensibilities and lower tax rates - then move.

Actually, you were
Bottom Line...

If you want to live in a nanny state - then you need to move somewhere where there is 50% - 80% taxation.
Course you won't live in an American style home either. It won't have a kitchen, but a little nook.
You won't have a washer/dryer, no dishwasher either. Your bedroom will only fit a full size mattress, and may not have a closet. You won't have a yard. Or a dining room, 2 or 3 bathrooms!! Hahah... only if your are wealthy.
If you don't like America's sensibilities and lower tax rates - then move.
Pay me all of my retirement and I'm on the next plane.

We've all seen a man at the liquor store beggin' for your change
The hair on his face is dirty, dread-locked, and full of mange
He asks a man for what he could spare, with shame in his eyes
"Get a job you fucking slob, " is all he replies…
That song is the virtue signaler's anthem.
And about as realistic

There are also a lot of jobs that don't.

And how many of those jobs are WORTH more money? Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single minimum wage job out there that my 12-year-old wouldn't be perfectly capable of doing at least as competently as most of the adults I've seen doing it. So how much money is a job worth that a preteen could handle?

There it is, ladies and gents!
Once again every time minimum wage is discussed the "burger flipper" card gets played.
Did you know there are lots of minimum wage jobs that don't involve fast food?

Okay, show us the non-burger-flipping minimum-wage job that you think negates the argument that minimum-wage jobs are not, and never have been, intended to support a family.

Picking one phrase and going off on a tangent about it does not constitute refuting the argument.

Forum List

Back