Welfare Recipients Now Outnumber Workers

Food stamps are not welfare. Welfare is cash. Even if you include those people, it's far less than the total number of full time workers, thus debunking the original claim of the thread.

Food stamps are government entitlement welfare.. period

Food stamps are not "entitlements".

Entitlements have been paid for by the recipients. That's why they're called "entitlements".

Social Security, Medicare - those are entitlements.

Absolutely false....

Dude - can you read?!?!?!?

quote:
82,457,000 people in households receiving medicaid, 49,073,000 beneficiaries of food stamps, 20,223,000 on supplemental security income, 23,228,000 in the women, infants and children program, 13,433,000 in public or subsidized rental housing, and 5,854,000 in the temporary assistance for needy families - see more at: Census bureau: Means-tested gov't benefit recipients outnumber full-time year-round workers | cns news

NOT to mention the DOUBLE COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your source is pure BS

Like it or not.

There may very well be some double-counting in there. I would say it's very difficlut to separate out the kids getting food stamps and free school lunches at the same time.

But the numbers are still staggering regardless....

Nearly Two Hundred Million line-items paid out to (approximately) 108,000,000 people/

You people are like the communist murder deniers.

We present evidence that communism murdered 100,000,000 people in the last Century and you present a source that says it was only 60,000,000.

And for that reason, it really wasn't all that bad.

You're just douchebags. All of you.

200,000,000 (two hundred million) line items paid out to -- Whatever the number is... Don't care all that much..... 75,000,000....... 70,000,000....... or 90,000,000 people is an astonishing indictment of the failure of your ideas.

Astonishing.

Now go back to reading the communist manifesto and Mao's Little Red Book

You presented a steaming loaf of dog crap and we called you on it. Period.

Now, if you want to join in the conversation about REALITY - I'm all on board to see how we can fix this system that is clearly leaking oil.

But if all you want to do is lie and call people names, then you can slither right back under your bridge and wait for those three billy goats as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
We debunked your lie with facts.

No.. you threw out more lies.. your number is false

I gave you the truth:

Since OP and you apparently haven't spotted the methodology error in the source he linked, I'll point it out.

The source does not total the number of people receiving means-tested aid. The source tallies the number of people living in households where one (or more) people receive some sort of means-tested aid. (And they tally that incorrectly to boot.)

For example: Mom and dad - who both work full-time and receive no aid - have six children in the home including an 18-year-old daughter with a child who receives a SNAP benefit.

Your source counts the parents and the five other children along with the daughter/mother and her child in their "total" to get nine. When the real total is two.

If you have an agenda - like this source and the OP obviously do - you can jiggle numbers to reach darn near any "conclusion" you want.

The REAL NUMBERS:

The number stated that receive any portion of their support from from welfare assistance--including food stamps--it is 29,900,000 or roughly 8% of the total population in the United States.

This breaks down to:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

What percentage of people in US are on welfare

Another metric is the payroll-to-population ratio, which is a measure of the percentage of the total adult population that is employed full time. Gallup has been tracking this metric since at least 2011. In its August 1 report, Gallup reported that its P2P ratio remained relatively unchanged on the month at 44.8 percent in July and also nearly unchanged from the 45 percent rate recorded in the year-ago period.

How Many Americans Actually Have Full-Time Work? | Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Part 2

The willfully ignorant and the useful idiots (on each side of political extremism) may choose to grind their axes with ginned up numbers and outright lies. I'm sure there are many who won't bother to check under the hoods of these claims and so the zealots may win a follower or two. It's why the zealots keep doing it.

I support "welfare" reform 100% and believe too many people are receiving benefits and too many are cheating the system. But I won't pursue this objective with willfull ignorance or dishonesty.

I have not argued the OP number as correct... as a MATTER OF FACT I made my first statement with the caveat basically stating 'IF THIS IS TRUE'

My contention was the bullshit number put out to 'debunk' the OP number... trying to debunk an allegedly false number with a PROVEN BULLSHIT NUMBER

Shocked?

I'm not. Not really. It is, afterall, the goal of the democrat party

Census Bureau: Welfare Recipients Now Outnumber Full-Time Workers…

we-accept-ebt.jpg

Work harder everyone, millions of Obamabots are depending on you.

Via CNS News:

Americans who were recipients of means-tested government benefits in 2011 outnumbered year-round full-time workers, according to data released this month by the Census Bureau.

They also out-numbered the total population of the Philippines.

There were 108,592,000 people in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2011 who were recipients of one or more means-tested government benefit programs, the Census Bureau said in data released this week. Meanwhile, according to the Census Bureau, there were 101,716,000 people who worked full-time year round in 2011. That included both private-sector and government workers.

That means there were about 1.07 people getting some form of means-tested government benefit for every 1 person working full-time year round.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Your source is full of crap.

The total number of full time working Americans is 155,559,000, according the the U.S. labor department.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

The total number of welfare recipients is 12,800,000.
Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

The title of your thread is simply a lie.

Even if you include social security, medicaid, etc. (which are not welfare) it's less than the total number of full time working Americans.

http://www.census.gov/sipp/tables/quarterly-est/household-char/2011/4-qtr/table3.xls

Dude - can you read?!?!?!?

NOT to mention the DOUBLE COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your source is pure BS

Like it or not.

There may very well be some double-counting in there. I would say it's very difficlut to separate out the kids getting food stamps and free school lunches at the same time.

Nearly Two Hundred Million line-items paid out to (approximately) 108,000,000 people/

We present evidence that communism murdered 100,000,000 people in the last Century and you present a source that says it was only 60,000,000.

200,000,000 (two hundred million) line items paid out to -- Whatever the number is... Don't care all that much..... 75,000,000....... 70,000,000....... or 90,000,000 people is an astonishing indictment of the failure of your ideas.

Astonishing.

Now, if you want to join in the conversation about REALITY - I'm all on board to see how we can fix this system that is clearly leaking oil.

But the SNAP program isn't 'welfare' right?

piss off

Since OP apparently hasn't spotted the methodology error in the source he linked, I'll point it out.

The source does not total the number of people receiving means-tested aid. The source tallies the number of people living in households where one (or more) people receive some sort of means-tested aid. (And they tally that incorrectly to boot.)

For example: Mom and dad - who both work full-time and receive no aid - have six children in the home including an 18-year-old daughter with a child who receives a SNAP benefit.

Your source counts the parents and the five other children along with the daughter/mother and her child in their "total" to get nine.
When the real total is two.

If you have an agenda - like this source and the OP obviously do - you can jiggle numbers to reach darn near any "conclusion" you want.

But it's not honest and it's not reality.
Not only that, if there is a senior in the household getting SSI, Medicaid and food stamps, the whole household is counted 3 times!

I don't think so.

If you ad these numbers up, the total is nearly 200 Million (Two Hundred Million)

82,457,000 people in households receiving Medicaid, 49,073,000 beneficiaries of food stamps, 20,223,000 on Supplemental Security Income, 23,228,000 in the Women, Infants and Children program, 13,433,000 in public or subsidized rental housing, and 5,854,000 in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - See more at: Census Bureau: Means-Tested Gov't Benefit Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Year-Round Workers | CNS News
You can do basic 3rd Grade arithmetic, right?

Maybe not :dunno:

I just get so sick and so tired of lying dimocrap scum.

Why don't you do a little THINKING......

THEN post.

It wouldn't have taken very long at all to go the link and follow it to the Census Burea report if you'd wanted to post based on facts....

But you'd rather lie.

dimocraps are like grade school girls sticking their tongues out at each other.

Except the Grade School Girls are more intelligent.

ETA:
If it were a 'senior' the person wouldn't be on Medicaid or SSI. He or she would be on Medicare and regular Social Security.
And those numbers are completely made up. There are 61,825,000 on Medicaid, 46,609,000 on food stamps, 5,548,000 on SSI, 8,908,000 on WIC, 4,100,000 on TANF.

And seniors can be eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and SSI all at once. But keep calling everyone with the real facts "liars" it is great for your credibility.

What's frustrating imo about dishonest stories like that in the OP is that SSDI roles have risen without legit explanation since the recession, and we do have a looming entitlement crisis of unfunded liabilities. As for "food stamps" ... a bit of reason.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FLi1Hl3MSMX1YKNSiuaSykw&bvm=bv.55123115,d.eW0
SSDI roles were rising during the Bush Regime BEFORE the Bush Depression, and there is a legit explanation, the population is aging and for most people the body breaks down with age.

douche.....

Per your own link..... The 46,700,000 people on Food Stamps isn't welfare?

YOU are the liar

Food stamps are not welfare. Welfare is cash. Even if you include those people, it's far less than the total number of full time workers, thus debunking the original claim of the thread.

Food stamps are government entitlement welfare.. period

of course they are.

so now the leftards defense is that fodstamps are NOt welfare?

sore losers :lol:

Not only that, if there is a senior in the household getting SSI, Medicaid and food stamps, the whole household is counted 3 times!

I don't think so.

If you ad these numbers up, the total is nearly 200 Million (Two Hundred Million)

82,457,000 people in households receiving Medicaid, 49,073,000 beneficiaries of food stamps, 20,223,000 on Supplemental Security Income, 23,228,000 in the Women, Infants and Children program, 13,433,000 in public or subsidized rental housing, and 5,854,000 in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - See more at: Census Bureau: Means-Tested Gov't Benefit Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Year-Round Workers | CNS News

THEN post.

It wouldn't have taken very long at all to go the link and follow it to the Census Burea report if you'd wanted to post based on facts....

But you'd rather lie.

ETA:
If it were a 'senior' the person wouldn't be on Medicaid or SSI. He or she would be on Medicare and regular Social Security.
And those numbers are completely made up. There are 61,825,000 on Medicaid, 46,609,000 on food stamps, 5,548,000 on SSI, 8,908,000 on WIC, 4,100,000 on TANF.

And seniors can be eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and SSI all at once. But keep calling everyone with the real facts "liars" it is great for your credibility.

Medicare and Social Security are NOT counted in the total.

And yes, we are all aware of the 'dual eligibles'. Nobody begrudges them. They are truly needy.

There's about 9-1/2 Million of them.

But like I said, their Medicare and Social Security isn't counted in the total.

And you're still an idiot.

Pop over to the Durbin thread and help your buddies over there. They're still denying that Durbin lied.

I'm sure you agree with them

It was the 0.1%'s War on Labor for maximum greed that outsourced jobs. Both Bush's tax loophole subsidies for the Rich & tax penalties on workers that caused them to be the only presidents who managed to create inflation & lose jobs while the country was not in recession. China has a 25% import tariff that draws companies to build there.

The employment ratio of working age population is increasing at a good rate. Currently about 67%, but need to get back to 75%.

Employment Ratio of Working age Population
fredgraph.png

Working Age Population = Blue Line
Number of Employed Workers = Red Line
Percent of Working Age People Employed = Black Line

Last edited:
I have to believe that a great majority of these people receiving things like food stamps are doing so just to feed their families in today's economy that Obama created men and women have to do whatever they have to do to feed their families I don't look down upon them for that I looked down upon the government for forcing them to do that

I think you mean the economy President Obama inherited. The one Republicans have chosen to do nothing to help in their continuing effort to undermine his presidency.

Astonishing.

piss off

Doesn't matter WHAT label you try to put on it

Your numbers are pure crap.

They Double count AND they incorrectly add in the total number of people living in a household as "aid recipients" when in so many cases they obviously are not.

Yeah, you'd LOVE for me to piss off so you can feed folks your BS without being challenged and corrected.

Forget it. I want to work toward fixing the many problems we are facing. But REALITY is the only way to make a real difference.

Read it and weep, working people of America.

Wonder where all your money is going?

Don't

Great: More Americans on Welfare Than Working Full Time - Christine Rousselle

Clearly, this is a huge problem. A country cannot survive if its citizens are not willing or able to work. In 35 states welfare pays better than an actual job. This is what we call an "incentive"--and the U.S. is incentivizing people to not work. Why would a person actually get a job if they could be paid more to stay home? In Pennsylvania, a single women with children working a job that pays $29,000 a year actually receives $57,345 in total income when benefits are factored in. Conversely, if the woman were to work a job that paid $69,000 a year, her net pay after taxes is only $57,045.

If the woman were to make more than her $29,000 salary, she would miss out in nearly $30,000 in government benefits. Short of winning the lottery or developing some sort of hot product, a person's income is not going to increase rapidly from $29,000 to $69,000. This is referred to as the "welfare cliff." There is no incentive for the woman to better her life and stop receiving welfare.

This is a major problem with how means-tested benefits are distributed in the United States, yet nobody is actually doing anything about it. The amount of people on SNAP (food stamps) has nearly doubled since 2006, despite the economic recovery. This is not good.

I don't think so.

THEN post.

But you'd rather lie.

ETA:

And yes, we are all aware of the 'dual eligibles'. Nobody begrudges them. They are truly needy.

Pop over to the Durbin thread and help your buddies over there. They're still denying that Durbin lied.

Just think, your lies and phony numbers were exposed by an "idiot." That says more about you than me!

And the number collecting both Social Security and SSI are 2,793,000.

piss off

Doesn't matter WHAT label you try to put on it

Your numbers are pure crap.

They Double count AND they incorrectly add in the total number of people living in a household as "aid recipients" when in so many cases they obviously are not.

Yeah, you'd LOVE for me to piss off so you can feed folks your BS without being challenged and corrected.

Forget it. I want to work toward fixing the many problems we are facing. But REALITY is the only way to make a real difference.

Stop fixating on minutiae. Jesus H Christ, you were the one rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic, weren't you?

Here it is -- 200,000,000 (Two Hundred MILLION) line items paid out to ...... Larry, Curly and Moe...

I don't give a fuck.

Two Hundred Million.

Not counting Social Security and Medicare.

I don't care how you choose to slice it, that's a lot.

And it's out of control.

Living in a 'Poverty Trap' sure does seem to be the way dimocrap scumbags want things.

It also seems to work for them.... Especially the Pied Piper politicians and other elites

Just think, your lies and phony numbers were exposed by an "idiot." That says more about you than me!

Know what, bitch?

The article was printed by one the biggest News purveyors on the 'net. It was re-posted by several other sites, including Townhall, who has a couple of PhD's in Economics on their Staff.

Take it up with them.

I am sure there are a lot of hard working Americans who have trouble making ends meet on SS and need the additional SSI. I know that I am one of the lucky ones, but I can tell you that having retired from a 6 figure income, I find it challenging to live on my pensions and SS. And I will acknowledge that I could have it a bit more smoothe, but I am doing things to benefit my children and grandson when I die. Come Jan. 1, I don't have to be paranoid about earning a dollar, so I plan to do some work through my business.

Know what, bitch?

The article was printed by one the biggest News purveyors on the 'net. It was re-posted by several other sites, including Townhall, who has a couple of PhD's in Economics on their Staff.

Take it up with them.
The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood always lie in packs.

BTW, Townhall plants a tracking cookie in your browser and follows you all over the web, but they bitch about the NSA tracking people.

Forum List

Back