Well, I guess she has a point -- Pregnant Texas woman stopped for driving solo in HOV told police ...

Now I wonder if indeed she was making a political point, perhaps to test that (and many other) laws that do NOT consider pregnant women as "two people."

Sheeeeeeesh.

Sounds to me like a political point. It also sounds to me since she was echoing leftist lies, she too is a leftist.

I have no doubt that they do an amazing job, looking at their site they seem to be doing a great work.

But, I would ask, out of all the money donated to the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, what percent goes to this? What percent stays within the church itself?

You could try looking that up.

If the High Occupancy Vehicle lane is designed to reduce the number of cars on the road, then anyone under the age of 16 shouldn't qualify you to use it. That will never happen, as kids seldom have an ID card stating their age.

This woman will have to pay her ticket. She gets 15 minutes of fame for being original, so there's that.

If the High Occupancy Vehicle lane is designed to reduce the number of cars on the road, then anyone under the age of 16 shouldn't qualify you to use it. That will never happen, as kids seldom have an ID card stating their age.

This woman will have to pay her ticket. She gets 15 minutes of fame for being original, so there's that.

The Texas law does not stipulate an age, just says there must be "2 or more people in the vehicle"

So what if I decide I want to spend the day at the zoo, and my niece finds out and wants to go as well. I would drive myself to the zoo and my sister would drop off her daughter. Or I could pick up my niece myself, take her back to the zoo and home using the HOV lanes, and that's one less vehicle on the road.

So what if I decide I want to spend the day at the zoo, and my niece finds out and wants to go as well. I would drive myself to the zoo and my sister would drop off her daughter. Or I could pick up my niece myself, take her back to the zoo and home using the HOV lanes, and that's one less vehicle on the road.
Cool story Bro.

Before I retired, I used the I35E HOV lanes in both directions for several years, commuting to and from work by myself. I never got caught. A co-worker lady got caught and ticketed one day. I asked her: "Are you going to stop using those lanes?" She said: "Hell no, I'd never get to work on time."

Now we have express (toll) lanes that run in the middle of most of our interstate highways. The HOV lanes are pretty much all gone.

I didn't read the whole 15 pages so I don't know if someone already said this, but here's the thing...

The purpose of the carpool lane is to have less cars on the road (less drivers) by encouraging commuters to get together in one car. So it's about multiple seated people.

A woman and her preborn baby take up one one seat. It's kinda like how you can buy one airplane seat for you and an infant.

But hey, if some of you want to be as literal as possible and follow the letter of the law rather than the principle, sure, OK. :dunno: Let's let pregnant woman drive in the carpool lane... we can think of it as a benefit for being pregnant.

284035215-1460715804365622-7499907010730353095-n.jpg

So she does have a point. so if she travels by air then the airline can charge her for two tickets. if she goes to a sports game she should be charge for two tickets.
Uh, no - the fetus-is-a-person thing applies the penal code. So basically any laws that apply to a "person" apply to fetuses as well. It has no bearing on commercial transactions themselves.

And why is that? She may be Fn so many guys that she can't afford a home pregnancy test from the drug store every week?

oh ray ray ... you're such a dunce. pray tell - when was the last time you menstruated? at all?

never? never you say? then stfu, sit down & become invisible. that's what is in between yer ears, so you might as well go all the way.

oh ray ray ... you're such a dunce. pray tell - when was the last time you menstruated? at all?

never? never you say? then stfu, sit down & become invisible. that's what is in between yer ears, so you might as well go all the way.

You don't have to menstruate to use basic common sense. The problem with you leftists is that's exactly what you're void of. That's why you vote the way you do.

Forum List

Back