🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WH flag back at full staff after less than 48 hours

Why was it at half staff?

-Geaux
Arizona loved John McCain. Elected him as their Senator 6 times. In November, the other Senate seat is up for grabs in the election. I love how the right is committing Harakiri over that seat by bashing McCain.

:dance:
Telling the truth about someone is always bashing to you trolls. Besides, just look how your sick infected ilk are using his death to attack Trump. Disgusting. Now, you idiots are crying because the flag is not lowered.
Again, that’s ok. Democrats need to gain only two seats in November to take control of the Senate. One of those seats is in Arizona.

Also, up for consideration is having Cindy McCain finish out John McCain’s term. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her flip it like Jim Jeffords if the Senate ends up 50/50 after the election.

Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who has been under treatment. I don't know how that suddenly qualifies her to be a US Senator.

Teddy Kennedy was a drunk for his entire career. So why does that matter?
as an alcoholic it would be because your goals are seriously skewed when under that mindset.

trump is unable to even pay respect to the dead. His passion for revenge and his thirst for the blood if revenge proves he is nothing more than a low life masquerading as a statesman.

McCain was a Hero and will always be remembered as such. When trump passes....the flag over the WH should be raised to full staff in less that 48 hours. I am.sure Moscow will mourn for weeks.

Wow, you got caught lying, and are now doubling and tripling down.....

Lots of things are happening we should be looking at & talking about, instead the focus is on nit picking things that will be meaningless by next week.

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

What a soulless man is this SO CALLED president. He has no shame....
Oh please you guys called McCain, racist, sexist, homophobic like you do every republican, he was the worst ever until Romney, and then Trump.......It's disgusting you're using his death for political reasons and you not only didn't know the man, you attacked him as one of the worst people ever...you fucking hypocrite.

They're upset they lost their most dependable double agent inside the Republican Party

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

-Geaux
Because an American hero passed away. Despite Dumpf's angst at being bumped off of the front page, ALL WEEK. True, patriotic Americans honor John McCain. He was loved while Dumpf is hated. Thankfully Cadet Bone Spurs will not pretend to. It would be such a lie of he did!

Did they follow this "standard custom" after the deaths of other politicians, like the ones I listed above?
If you've got information that they didn't, let's have it.
yep. google still works.

When to Fly the Flag at Half Staff (Mast)

HOW LONG SHOULD THE FLAG BE AT HALF-STAFF?
  • Thirty days after the death of a President or former President
  • Ten days after the death of a Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives
  • Until the burial of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, secretary of a military department, a former Vice President, or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.
  • On the day of, and the day after, the death of a Member of Congress.
  • On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.
protocol followed then. people need to stop looking for reasons to be mad and go do some homework.

So Trump did what he was supposed to do and gets called “soulless” for it. You really can’t make this shit up!

View attachment 213205
like i said - people just want to justify their hate, fuck the truth.

honestly i doubt trump had much to do with it as the WH staff would take care of this with or without him per protocol.

That's exactly right. WH staff has a manual to look at, which tells them exactly when to put the flag at half staff and for how long.

Its insane to think that President Trump would actively interfere in the official protocol.
This is democrat outrage du jour. Trump did or did not do something. Whatever. It's an excuse for democrats to tantrum.

-Geaux
Because an American hero passed away. Despite Dumpf's angst at being bumped off of the front page, ALL WEEK. True, patriotic Americans honor John McCain. He was loved while Dumpf is hated. Thankfully Cadet Bone Spurs will not pretend to. It would be such a lie of he did!

LOL Progressives R Funny

Did they follow this "standard custom" after the deaths of other politicians, like the ones I listed above?
yep. google still works.

• Ten days after the death of a Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives
  • Until the burial of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, secretary of a military department, a former Vice President, or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.
  • On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.
protocol followed then. people need to stop looking for reasons to be mad and go do some homework.

So Trump did what he was supposed to do and gets called “soulless” for it. You really can’t make this shit up!

View attachment 213205

honestly i doubt trump had much to do with it as the WH staff would take care of this with or without him per protocol.

That's exactly right. WH staff has a manual to look at, which tells them exactly when to put the flag at half staff and for how long.

Its insane to think that President Trump would actively interfere in the official protocol.
like i said to start "any port in a storm"

-Geaux
Arizona loved John McCain. Elected him as their Senator 6 times. In November, the other Senate seat is up for grabs in the election. I love how the right is committing Harakiri over that seat by bashing McCain.

Like me, McCain abandoned the Republican Party

-Geaux
State your reasons please. Why did you abandon it?

The man named trump has once again shown himself to be a classless slug. He seeks revenge even to the dead....

The man named trump has once again shown himself to be a classless slug. He seeks revenge even to the dead....

Stop trying to compete with Farkey over being the dumbest poster since SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED.

yep. google still works.

View attachment 213205

This is democrat outrage du jour. Trump did or did not do something. Whatever. It's an excuse for democrats to tantrum.
yep. cause if the WH staff did it all w/o Trumps involvement, then the anger will just shift to WHY DIDN'T TRUMP DO THIS HIMSELF!!!!

whatever they need, they create. hate must be fed.

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

There is no need to fact check the protocols, CBS already got the response they wanted, and anything else is just the gravy. People don't really believe in the protocols surrounding the flag anyway. Would you like to see the proper protocols for burning an American flag, because I can assure you it doesn't include finding you closest college campus?
When CBS blows it, they should correct it.

You’re right but Hiryuu is also right in that they already got the response they wanted. Do any of the anti-Trumpers here besides you seem to care about the truthfulness of the article?
It is also perfectly possible for the Pres to enter a proclamation keeping the flag lowered for a longer period, as previous Presidents have done:
As the nation continued to mourn the death of Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, the White House returned its flag to full-staff, although it has been kept lowered by past presidents for longer following the deaths of other sitting senators, and the Capitol flag remained at half staff.

For example, after the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., on Aug. 25, 2009, President Barack Obama issued a proclamation orderingflags be flown to half-staff for four full days.

W.H. flag back to full-staff after McCain's death, Capitol flag remains lowered

There are some other examples in the article. They all ordered the flags flown at half-staff until the internment.

-Geaux

Well....as Helsinki proved....trump has no problem shaming his country.

Telling the truth about someone is always bashing to you trolls. Besides, just look how your sick infected ilk are using his death to attack Trump. Disgusting. Now, you idiots are crying because the flag is not lowered.
Again, that’s ok. Democrats need to gain only two seats in November to take control of the Senate. One of those seats is in Arizona.

Also, up for consideration is having Cindy McCain finish out John McCain’s term. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her flip it like Jim Jeffords if the Senate ends up 50/50 after the election.

Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who has been under treatment. I don't know how that suddenly qualifies her to be a US Senator.

Teddy Kennedy was a drunk for his entire career. So why does that matter?
as an alcoholic it would be because your goals are seriously skewed when under that mindset.

I'll let you go back and read the post again. Is there something amiss with your recently? You seem unable to focus as well on the comments made on these posts. I am worried about you.

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

There is no need to fact check the protocols, CBS already got the response they wanted, and anything else is just the gravy. People don't really believe in the protocols surrounding the flag anyway. Would you like to see the proper protocols for burning an American flag, because I can assure you it doesn't include finding you closest college campus?

You’re right but Hiryuu is also right in that they already got the response they wanted. Do any of the anti-Trumpers here besides you seem to care about the truthfulness of the article?
It is also perfectly possible for the Pres to enter a proclamation keeping the flag lowered for a longer period, as previous Presidents have done:
As the nation continued to mourn the death of Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, the White House returned its flag to full-staff, although it has been kept lowered by past presidents for longer following the deaths of other sitting senators, and the Capitol flag remained at half staff.

For example, after the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., on Aug. 25, 2009, President Barack Obama issued a proclamation orderingflags be flown to half-staff for four full days.

There are some other examples in the article. They all ordered the flags flown at half-staff until the internment.

Face it....trump is a slug.

So it's definitely a matter of discretion on Trump's part. There is something to their complaint, but not as much as it sounded at first.

The same hypocrites who support a-holes who disrespect the Flag and the Anthem are now worried about the White House Flag. What's the proper length of time? I can't remember the last time the Flag was at half staff for a deceased senator.

You nailed it! F'n hypocrites

Forum List

Back