🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WH flag back at full staff after less than 48 hours

THANK YOU.

we pick and choose what we allow to govern us and then wonder why things are so fucked up. we compound it by justifying our "emo-id" by microslicing situations into things one side can do but the other can't cause of a jacked up reason pulled out of their ass to make the situations "different".

i don't give a flying fuck if you were speeding in a ferrari vs. chevy - you're speeding and your subsets don't overrule the whole.

It depends on if you want to make the case the person in the Ferrari, may find it easier to pay the speeding ticket than the person in the Chevy, due to income inequity. :21:

I love it when Republicans are STOMPING on their own.

This is a man that every. single. currently-anti McCain poster in this thread was backing to the hilt when he was going against Obama.

#LOLGOP #SMHGOP #TooFunny
He became “not my own” when he swaggered into the senate and took his revenge on the American taxpayer with his thumbs down bs.

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

What a soulless man is this SO CALLED president. He has no shame....

I was shocked when I heard that this morning. However I don't know why since it's always been clear that Trump is a man who harbors and elevates petty grievances which is far more common among emotionally immature and insecure people (like junior high students). I more secure man would realize that keeping the flag at half staff would not only not cost him anything, it would humanize him in the eyes of others. But Trump can't rise above his numerous personality flaws.

View attachment 213197

the only reason trump is pissed...he wont be the center of attention.....i wonder how he will regain the attention that day

Yeah I’m sure he won’t be the center of attention LOL. His haters are completely obsessed with him but I’m sure they’ll somehow forget he exists to honor McCain... you know, like how they resisted the urge to trash Trump in the wake of McCain’s death.

Oh wait... they DID trash him! My bad.

Arizona loved John McCain. Elected him as their Senator 6 times. In November, the other Senate seat is up for grabs in the election. I love how the right is committing Harakiri over that seat by bashing McCain.

:dance:
Telling the truth about someone is always bashing to you trolls. Besides, just look how your sick infected ilk are using his death to attack Trump. Disgusting. Now, you idiots are crying because the flag is not lowered.
Flags were lowered for 1-day when Sen John Glen died

-Geaux

And Obama was president then so given that I’d assume the OP thinks Obama is also a “soulless man.”
it doesn't matter what i think of obama. he was elected by the people and while i may not respect obama, i respect what we as a country decide to do. that doesn't mean i will support all of his policies or NOT be against what i don't believe will help us as a country.

that is part of the process also.

but the vile hate and ID behavior we've allowed ourselves to fall into is killing everything.

When you speak of vile hate....do you include the hate and disrespect that is shown a statesman even at his death? Are you including the childish classlessness displayed by an adult who hasn't the honor to even pay proper respect to a great American? Is that who you refer to?
i refer to ANYONE ON ANY SIDE using this mans death to further their own hate/causes.

like i said in my initial statement gatorboy couldn't fathom - i hate the actions and both sides are doing it but justifying it cause the other side is too.

i can't make the other side quit, i can only change how i do things and work to get back to some sanity we in fact used to have as a country despite our differences.

THANK YOU.

we pick and choose what we allow to govern us and then wonder why things are so fucked up. we compound it by justifying our "emo-id" by microslicing situations into things one side can do but the other can't cause of a jacked up reason pulled out of their ass to make the situations "different".

i don't give a flying fuck if you were speeding in a ferrari vs. chevy - you're speeding and your subsets don't overrule the whole.

It depends on if you want to make the case the person in the Ferrari, may find it easier to pay the speeding ticket than the person in the Chevy, due to income inequity. :21:
ok, so it's an 80s ferrari vs. a brand new ZR1. now the cost is the same. :)

well again - depending on the ferrari. :)

It should never be assumed the connections some people try to make are all that reliable. The details never really matter as much as whether or not they can hate one another for some manufactured reason (but you already covered that).

It should never be assumed the connections some people try to make are all that reliable. The details never really matter as much as whether or not they can hate one another for some manufactured reason (but you already covered that).
people are pushing anything they can find to be "news" they want and then sit back and wonder where "fake news" comes from.

from your own desire to only believe what you're comfortable with, usually.

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

How long was it for half staff when Teddy Kennedy croaked? Or Robert C. Byrd? or Barry Goldwater, Ted Bilbo, Robert Taft? How many days for George McGovern, also a failed presidential candidate as well as a senator?

McCain isn't the first US Senator to keel over dead.
It is standard custom for the flag to fly at half mast until their funeral.

Did they follow this "standard custom" after the deaths of other politicians, like the ones I listed above?
If you've got information that they didn't, let's have it.
yep. google still works.

When to Fly the Flag at Half Staff (Mast)

HOW LONG SHOULD THE FLAG BE AT HALF-STAFF?
  • Thirty days after the death of a President or former President
  • Ten days after the death of a Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives
  • Until the burial of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, secretary of a military department, a former Vice President, or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.
  • On the day of, and the day after, the death of a Member of Congress.
  • On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.
protocol followed then. people need to stop looking for reasons to be mad and go do some homework.

So Trump did what he was supposed to do and gets called “soulless” for it. You really can’t make this shit up!

upload_2018-8-27_9-36-15.gif

How long was it for half staff when Teddy Kennedy croaked? Or Robert C. Byrd? or Barry Goldwater, Ted Bilbo, Robert Taft? How many days for George McGovern, also a failed presidential candidate as well as a senator?

McCain isn't the first US Senator to keel over dead.

Did they follow this "standard custom" after the deaths of other politicians, like the ones I listed above?
yep. google still works.

• Ten days after the death of a Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives
  • Until the burial of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, secretary of a military department, a former Vice President, or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.
  • On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.
protocol followed then. people need to stop looking for reasons to be mad and go do some homework.

So Trump did what he was supposed to do and gets called “soulless” for it. You really can’t make this shit up!

View attachment 213205
like i said - people just want to justify their hate, fuck the truth.

honestly i doubt trump had much to do with it as the WH staff would take care of this with or without him per protocol.

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

There is no need to fact check the protocols, CBS already got the response they wanted, and anything else is just the gravy. People don't really believe in the protocols surrounding the flag anyway. Would you like to see the proper protocols for burning an American flag, because I can assure you it doesn't include finding you closest college campus?
When CBS blows it, they should correct it.

You’re right but Hiryuu is also right in that they already got the response they wanted. Do any of the anti-Trumpers here besides you seem to care about the truthfulness of the article?

Why was it at half staff?

-Geaux
Arizona loved John McCain. Elected him as their Senator 6 times. In November, the other Senate seat is up for grabs in the election. I love how the right is committing Harakiri over that seat by bashing McCain.

Telling the truth about someone is always bashing to you trolls. Besides, just look how your sick infected ilk are using his death to attack Trump. Disgusting. Now, you idiots are crying because the flag is not lowered.
Again, that’s ok. Democrats need to gain only two seats in November to take control of the Senate. One of those seats is in Arizona.

Also, up for consideration is having Cindy McCain finish out John McCain’s term. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her flip it like Jim Jeffords if the Senate ends up 50/50 after the election.

You are not including their loss of a seat in WV, are you?

So they made the same mistake 6 times.....at least they were consistent.....you do know the definition of insanity don't you?

Why was it at half staff?

-Geaux

Again, that’s ok. Democrats need to gain only two seats in November to take control of the Senate. One of those seats is in Arizona.

Also, up for consideration is having Cindy McCain finish out John McCain’s term. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her flip it like Jim Jeffords if the Senate ends up 50/50 after the election.

Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who has been under treatment. I don't know how that suddenly qualifies her to be a US Senator.

Teddy Kennedy was a drunk for his entire career. So why does that matter?

The same hypocrites who support a-holes who disrespect the Flag and the Anthem are now worried about the White House Flag. What's the proper length of time? I can't remember the last time the Flag was at half staff for a deceased senator.

trump is unable to even pay respect to the dead. His passion for revenge and his thirst for the blood if revenge proves he is nothing more than a low life masquerading as a statesman.

McCain was a Hero and will always be remembered as such. When trump passes....the flag over the WH should be raised to full staff in less that 48 hours. I am.sure Moscow will mourn for weeks.

yep. google still works.

View attachment 213205
like i said - people just want to justify their hate, fuck the truth.

honestly i doubt trump had much to do with it as the WH staff would take care of this with or without him per protocol.

That's exactly right. WH staff has a manual to look at, which tells them exactly when to put the flag at half staff and for how long.

Its insane to think that President Trump would actively interfere in the official protocol.

Oh please you guys called McCain, racist, sexist, homophobic like you do every republican, he was the worst ever until Romney, and then Trump.......It's disgusting you're using his death for political reasons and you not only didn't know the man, you attacked him as one of the worst people ever...you fucking hypocrite.

Forum List

Back