🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WH flag back at full staff after less than 48 hours

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

There is no need to fact check the protocols, CBS already got the response they wanted, and anything else is just the gravy. People don't really believe in the protocols surrounding the flag anyway. Would you like to see the proper protocols for burning an American flag, because I can assure you it doesn't include finding you closest college campus?
When CBS blows it, they should correct it.

You’re right but Hiryuu is also right in that they already got the response they wanted. Do any of the anti-Trumpers here besides you seem to care about the truthfulness of the article?
It is also perfectly possible for the Pres to enter a proclamation keeping the flag lowered for a longer period, as previous Presidents have done:
As the nation continued to mourn the death of Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, the White House returned its flag to full-staff, although it has been kept lowered by past presidents for longer following the deaths of other sitting senators, and the Capitol flag remained at half staff.

For example, after the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., on Aug. 25, 2009, President Barack Obama issued a proclamation orderingflags be flown to half-staff for four full days.

W.H. flag back to full-staff after McCain's death, Capitol flag remains lowered

There are some other examples in the article. They all ordered the flags flown at half-staff until the internment.
So it's definitely a matter of discretion on Trump's part. There is something to their complaint, but not as much as it sounded at first.

Simple....trump is seeking blood of revenge even at McCain's death.

Telling the truth about someone is always bashing to you trolls. Besides, just look how your sick infected ilk are using his death to attack Trump. Disgusting. Now, you idiots are crying because the flag is not lowered.
Again, that’s ok. Democrats need to gain only two seats in November to take control of the Senate. One of those seats is in Arizona.

Also, up for consideration is having Cindy McCain finish out John McCain’s term. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her flip it like Jim Jeffords if the Senate ends up 50/50 after the election.

Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who has been under treatment. I don't know how that suddenly qualifies her to be a US Senator.

Teddy Kennedy was a drunk for his entire career. So why does that matter?
as an alcoholic it would be because your goals are seriously skewed when under that mindset.

I'll let you go back and read the post again. Is there something amiss with your recently? You seem unable to focus as well on the comments made on these posts. I am worried about you.
worry away. i may not always express myself in a manner people can easily understand but that is nothing new for me.

my point was you're saying ted was drunk for most of his career so why does it matter. i said it would matter because your focus is very different when you're an alcoholic.

anything else you're putting there.

Arizona loved John McCain. Elected him as their Senator 6 times. In November, the other Senate seat is up for grabs in the election. I love how the right is committing Harakiri over that seat by bashing McCain.

:dance:
Telling the truth about someone is always bashing to you trolls. Besides, just look how your sick infected ilk are using his death to attack Trump. Disgusting. Now, you idiots are crying because the flag is not lowered.
Flags were lowered for 1-day when Sen John Glen died

-Geaux

And Obama was president then so given that I’d assume the OP thinks Obama is also a “soulless man.”
it doesn't matter what i think of obama. he was elected by the people and while i may not respect obama, i respect what we as a country decide to do. that doesn't mean i will support all of his policies or NOT be against what i don't believe will help us as a country.

that is part of the process also.

but the vile hate and ID behavior we've allowed ourselves to fall into is killing everything.

When you speak of vile hate....do you include the hate and disrespect that is shown a statesman even at his death? Are you including the childish classlessness displayed by an adult who hasn't the honor to even pay proper respect to a great American? Is that who you refer to?

What are you even talking about? Trump followed protocol to fly the flag at half-staff for two days for a senator. What ACTUAL “proper respect” didn’t he pay to McCain in his death? Your anger is based on a fucking LIE and do you think it’s excusable to make a man’s death about your hate for another man who had nothing to do with the dead man’s death?

I’ll be extremely surprised to get a serious and intelligent response that addresses everything I’d mentioned here. EXTREMELY surprised.

Well, that settles it. The CBS article was not reporting the facts, unless that protocol has been overridden by custom in the intervening years. I think this calls for a Politifact review of the CBS article.

There is no need to fact check the protocols, CBS already got the response they wanted, and anything else is just the gravy. People don't really believe in the protocols surrounding the flag anyway. Would you like to see the proper protocols for burning an American flag, because I can assure you it doesn't include finding you closest college campus?

You’re right but Hiryuu is also right in that they already got the response they wanted. Do any of the anti-Trumpers here besides you seem to care about the truthfulness of the article?
It is also perfectly possible for the Pres to enter a proclamation keeping the flag lowered for a longer period, as previous Presidents have done:
As the nation continued to mourn the death of Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, the White House returned its flag to full-staff, although it has been kept lowered by past presidents for longer following the deaths of other sitting senators, and the Capitol flag remained at half staff.

For example, after the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., on Aug. 25, 2009, President Barack Obama issued a proclamation orderingflags be flown to half-staff for four full days.

There are some other examples in the article. They all ordered the flags flown at half-staff until the internment.
So it's definitely a matter of discretion on Trump's part. There is something to their complaint, but not as much as it sounded at first.
there would only be something there if trump was verified to take an active role in this. otherwise my take would be the WH staff does this with or without trumps input, per protocol.

to lob trump in there is to just use any situation to get some digs in; unless we can verify trump had a thing to do with it. conjecture is not news and certainly not the truth.

Again, that’s ok. Democrats need to gain only two seats in November to take control of the Senate. One of those seats is in Arizona.

Also, up for consideration is having Cindy McCain finish out John McCain’s term. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see her flip it like Jim Jeffords if the Senate ends up 50/50 after the election.

Mrs. McCain is a drug addict who has been under treatment. I don't know how that suddenly qualifies her to be a US Senator.

as an alcoholic it would be because your goals are seriously skewed when under that mindset.

I'll let you go back and read the post again. Is there something amiss with your recently? You seem unable to focus as well on the comments made on these posts. I am worried about you.
worry away. i may not always express myself in a manner people can easily understand but that is nothing new for me.

my point was you're saying ted was drunk for most of his career so why does it matter. i said it would matter because your focus is very different when you're an alcoholic.

Let me try this again. If Teddy Kennedy was drunk for his entire career, why does that disqualify a recovering drug addict from serving as a Senator? It's DEM hypocrisy yet again.

Let me try this again. If Teddy Kennedy was drunk for his entire career, why does that disqualify a recovering drug addict from serving as a Senator? It's DEM hypocrisy yet again.
nothing really. on that point i can agree so if i misstepped into the convo - my bad. apologies.

Leftists in this thread who call McCain a "hero" (lmao) would also call Kim Jung a "hero", Mao a "hero", Chavez & Maduro "heroes" and Stalin a "hero".

There is definitely a pattern there.

Democrats have mastered the art of melodrama, so it`s no surprise they use this occasion as a contest they can win fair and square. It`s also a marketable skill:
Mourners-for-rent hired to blub at funerals
Mourners-for-rent hired to blub at funerals
British mourners are renting "professional sobbers" to blub at funerals to make people believe the deceased was really popular.

It is difficult to be that person, a person that can disagree with someone else, and remain respectful

No, it’s not difficult. It’s very easy. You just need an open mind and willingness to understand you can’t control other people.

Then why can't Trump be that person, instead of being the most disrespectful POTUS of all time?
Trump certainly eats Demorats but Trump also goes after Republic***s in the most vindictive, most disrespectful manner imaginable.
Just because someone can be a complete asshole doesn't mean they should but Trump doesn't get that.
Trump doesn't take the hard, high road; Trump takes the easy, lowest road possible.
Totally classless.

They do it on purpose...just like "Trump fired all the ambassadors!"

-Geaux

And Obama was president then so given that I’d assume the OP thinks Obama is also a “soulless man.”
it doesn't matter what i think of obama. he was elected by the people and while i may not respect obama, i respect what we as a country decide to do. that doesn't mean i will support all of his policies or NOT be against what i don't believe will help us as a country.

but the vile hate and ID behavior we've allowed ourselves to fall into is killing everything.

When you speak of vile hate....do you include the hate and disrespect that is shown a statesman even at his death? Are you including the childish classlessness displayed by an adult who hasn't the honor to even pay proper respect to a great American? Is that who you refer to?

What are you even talking about? Trump followed protocol to fly the flag at half-staff for two days for a senator. What ACTUAL “proper respect” didn’t he pay to McCain in his death? Your anger is based on a fucking LIE and do you think it’s excusable to make a man’s death about your hate for another man who had nothing to do with the dead man’s death?

I’ll be extremely surprised to get a serious and intelligent response that addresses everything I’d mentioned here. EXTREMELY surprised.

McCain was a great man. It is accepted protocol to lower the flag until after internment. McCain's family is being shown that the man in the WH has no honor. He is vindictive and a child.

LOL McCain got him first, and got him good, with the disinvite to his funeral. OBAMA invited to give a eulogy, and Trump told not to darken the door, even!
Those two boys know how to feud, you gotta admit it Jim.

-Geaux

McCain was a great man. It is accepted protocol to lower the flag until after internment. McCain's family is being shown that the man in the WH has no honor. He is vindictive and a child.

That has been proven false with actual information from the protocols created by Ike.

Why can't you stop lying?

White House flag back at full staff less than 48 hours after John McCain's death

What a soulless man is this SO CALLED president. He has no shame....
How long should the nation's flag remain at half staff for John McCain?

You snowflakes hate the President so much you would bitch about anything....no matter what he does - if he had kept it at half staff for 3 weeks toy would have said it was too long.

Snowflake -Easily Offended By Anything and EVERYTHING!

:rolleyes:

The flag should remain at half staff until after his internment....as it has with the death of other great statesman. The slug trump cannot allow his lust for revenge die.

-Geaux

the protocol for a congressman or senator is the day of and after.

you're making up the rest.

-Geaux

Trump followed US Code to a tee. The lamestream NY Times and others either didn’t know or chose to ignore the Code in order to shovel more negative Trump bullshit to their adoring low information dimocrat idiots like Jimmy boy in here. Feeling stupid now, Jimmy? You should, again.

LOL McCain got him first, and got him good, with the disinvite to his funeral. OBAMA invited to give a eulogy, and Trump told not to darken the door, even!
unfortunately we're all too good at fighting.

To think...he even seeks the blood if revenge at his death...trump deserves the anger that I am reading all over Facebook and Twitter.....slug.

Forum List

Back