She'll write you then she'll put you down
Now people let me put you wise
Chic posts with partisan guys

Here's the moral and the story from the guy who knows
I like to post and my post still grows
Ask any fool that she ever wrote, they'll say
A-keep away from-a Partisan Chic

~S~

Tin-boy! You surprise me with your talent!

Attack...with a sense of humor....pretty my motto too.

Of course, the difference is that I am RIGHT....while you.......

Another of my rules of life: Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them”.
I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them”, because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

You hate the idea of small government and individual liberties.

Your mistake is in equating those two quite different things.

Liberals, classical or modern, LOVE the idea of individual liberties. Classical liberals loved small government as a means to that end. Modern liberals recognize that, since the industrial revolution, that means no longer consistently serves the end.

But it's the end -- liberty -- that defines liberalism, not the means.

So you abhord Obamacare......?

Liberals, classical or modern, LOVE the idea of individual liberties. Classical liberals loved small government as a means to that end. Modern liberals recognize that, since the industrial revolution, that means no longer consistently serves the end.

Your reading comprehension needs work

Past and recent history say you're wrong.

Overarching government is anathema to individual liberty.

Your reading comprehension needs work
"You WILL buy insurance or face government penalties."

Whole lotta liberty in there, huh?

If not for the worst field of Republican candidates in a generation, the Republicans may have had a chance this year

Mitt Romney, the third best candidate in 2008 is the best they have to offer this go round. On top of the dismal public perception of Republicans in general, all Mitt Romney has to offer is that he passed Obamacare too

If not for the worst field of Republican candidates in a generation, the Republicans may have had a chance this year

Mitt Romney, the third best candidate in 2008 is the best they have to offer this go round. On top of the dismal public perception of Republicans in general, all Mitt Romney has to offer is that he passed Obamacare too

I'd say the field in 2008 was pretty crappy.

It is very interesting to see how Ron Paul has progressed. In 2008, he was a wackjob. Now, he's seen as somewhat legitimate.

What is so funny is that someone out of this group is going to spank Obama in November.

Just like the disorganized GOP kicked your butts in 2010.

He could be the 100th best candidate....

....he'll be running against a man who was overheard promising the Russians that as soon as he tricks the gullible into electing him, he'll be ready to betray America!

"President Barack Obama apparently isn't too worried about the upcoming United States presidential election in November. At a nuclear summit in Seoul, microphones picked up what was supposed to be a private exchange between Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Reuters reported.

"This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility," Obama was overheard saying."
Obama asks Medvedev for "space" until after election, not realizing the exchange was caught on microphones

Now, I know you won't admit it....but I know you are too much of a patriot to ever vote for this back-stabber.

....he'll be running against a man who was overheard promising the Russians that as soon as he tricks the gullible into electing him, he'll be ready to betray America!

"President Barack Obama apparently isn't too worried about the upcoming United States presidential election in November. At a nuclear summit in Seoul, microphones picked up what was supposed to be a private exchange between Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Reuters reported.

"This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility," Obama was overheard saying."
Obama asks Medvedev for "space" until after election, not realizing the exchange was caught on microphones

Now, I know you won't admit it....but I know you are too much of a patriot to ever vote for this back-stabber.

Obama has repeatedly indicated that he wants to deplete stockpiles of nuclear weapons on both sides.......as did Reagan

Did you catch your candidate Romney this morning claiming Russia is our greatest enemy? OOOPS

Obama has repeatedly indicated that he wants to deplete stockpiles of nuclear weapons on both sides.......as did Reagan

Did you catch your candidate Romney this morning claiming Russia is our greatest enemy? OOOPS

1. When your idol PROVES what a turncoat he is, I understand you'd hope to spin it.

2. Is there any reason to believe that what you say is the real 'flexibility' since you state that "Obama has repeatedly indicated..."
Therefore, he'd have no reason to try to whisper the message..would he?

3. No...logic dictates that he was offering something so contemptible that the American public would find it revolting....and end his re-election bid.

In your heart of hearts you know the truth....maybe you always knew.

That's what David Mamet meant by "The Left must bear a Sisyphean burden having to suspend reason and accountability, in order to rationalize the positions that they claim to espouse."

Only you will know whether you can make the only judgment that an intelligent person can make, or if you are a Left-wing automaton.

I won't ask.

I'd say the field in 2008 was pretty crappy.

It is very interesting to see how Ron Paul has progressed. In 2008, he was a wackjob. Now, he's seen as somewhat legitimate.

What is so funny is that someone out of this group is going to spank Obama in November.

Just like the disorganized GOP kicked your butts in 2010.

Obama didn't run in 2010

Now Republicans have to pray that conservatives will get out the vote with Romney leading the ticket. Pretty scary for the GOP

1. When your idol PROVES what a turncoat he is, I understand you'd hope to spin it.

2. Is there any reason to believe that what you say is the real 'flexibility' since you state that "Obama has repeatedly indicated..."

3. No...logic dictates that he was offering something so contemptible that the American public would find it revolting....and end his re-election bid.

That's what David Mamet meant by "The Left must bear a Sisyphean burden having to suspend reason and accountability, in order to rationalize the positions that they claim to espouse."

Only you will know whether you can make the only judgment that an intelligent person can make, or if you are a Left-wing automaton.

I won't ask.

There are issues that are not best handled in election years. Reagan himself did not negotiate nuclear reductions until he won his second term

Now....what are we going to do about your man Romney declaring Russia to be our largest foe?

Just a harbinger of his foreign policy naïveté?

I won't ask.

There are issues that are not best handled in election years. Reagan himself did not negotiate nuclear reductions until he won his second term

Now....what are we going to do about your man Romney declaring Russia to be our largest foe?

Just a harbinger of his foreign policy naïveté?

I have a very laid back attitude about most things, and politics specifically....

....but I was shocked, and, I admit, emotionally injured, hearing that open-mic admission.

I'm not over it.

So, I understand why you need to change the subject...but I'm not ready to do that.
Let's just leave it at that.

Be well.

To want to stop wasting public money on something that can't work as advertised, and exists mainly to funnel profits to defense contractors and secondarily to facilitate the possibility of a first nuclear strike (or at least delusions thereof), is hardly to be a traitor to one's country.

Actually, I do. Obamacare comes in for a LOT of criticism from the left. We should have a single payer system, not that piece of crap. It's better than nothing, and having said that, I've pretty much exhausted all the praise it deserves.

Past and recent history say you're wrong.

Overarching government is anathema to individual liberty.

Whose liberty to do what?

I find conservatives seldom understand what the word "liberty" means. To conservatives, the word applies to the freedom to own slaves, more than to the freedom not to be one. Metaphorically speaking, of course (at least since the literal issue of slavery was settled in the 1860s).

Forum List

Back