🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What America’s Great Unwinding Would Mean for the World.

How are we going to do that when 90% of the country will not vote for anyone willing to do so?
Then we're toast.
Medicare will go bankrupt first currently projected to be in 2028
Social Security will be insolvent, paying out only what it takes in (since the Feds stole the surplus) in 2034

McCarthy finally admitted that Repubs can only cut some spending in about 11% of the Federal Budget.
The other 89% is Mandatory Spending

So unless both parties can figure ouot how to raise revenue, we are headed for a cliff.

It is a huge miscalculation to call the US " in decline " it seems that way to maany until they look at history more closely. The US is actually still in it's ascendency. If compared to Rome we have not even hit the time of Augustus

The US still has a massive combinationof advantages over every nation all of whom have much bigger problems holding them back than the US. Even chine which seems to be on the rise is plagued with issue which hold it back and cause it to slide back and fail periodically.

People have been predicting this " decline since the seventies or even before only to be embarrassed. You can actually count on another century of US dominance.

What you miss in all this, is that the US has been in decline since the 60s. We will be dominate for a while longer, but no where near a century.

And that is ok. Every country that once was a world controlling empire is doing just fine now for the most part

Every empire eventually falls. It does not mean the experiment failed.
Every empire does fall.

On the other hand the US is so different from every empire in the past it is essentially foolish to even call it an empire.

those describing the US dominance as imperial have to redefine the term empire.

Empire is not having distant military bases around the world, It is not investing billions in other nations and then trading with them. Nor is it putting sanctions on people.

The word empire only applies to the US for lack of a more accurate term

What you miss in all this, is that the US has been in decline since the 60s. We will be dominate for a while longer, but no where near a century.

And that is ok. Every country that once was a world controlling empire is doing just fine now for the most part
No it has not

That was my point. People have been calling it in decline since the seventies or sixties and they are consistently and constantly proven wrong with every passing decade.

No it has not

That was my point. People have been calling it in decline since the seventies or sixties and they are consistently and constantly proven wrong with every passing decade.

Have they been proven wrong?

Did Vietnam and Iraq and Afghanistan prove the wrong?

Does the 32 trillion dollar deficit prove them wrong?

Does our unstable economy prove them wrong?

Does our broken political system prove them wrong?

The world will be fine without the US as its police force and judicial system.

And the US will be better off in the long run once we stop being so.

It's funny, you have a set pattern because nothing is a big deal to you, everything will be 'fine', and life will go on no matter what. While that may be true, why don't you go back and ask your grandparents and great grandparents how 'fine' life was in the 30's. Everyone managed to get through it, it built character. but quality of life for many was lacking and there were hungry people.

Litteral aliens could be invading the planet and you'd tell everyone to calm down and quit making such a big deal out of it, that everything 'will be fine'. I mean, I hope you're right, but there's going to be a point where it's not 'fine' and I hope you, with your smug and arrogant confidence, will be up there experiencing the worst of it along with everyone else.

It's funny, you have a set pattern because nothing is a big deal to you, everything will be 'fine', and life will go on no matter what. While that may be true, why don't you go back and ask your grandparents and great grandparents how 'fine' life was in the 30's. Everyone managed to get through it, it built character. but quality of life for many was lacking and there were hungry people.

Litteral aliens could be invading the planet and you'd tell everyone to calm down and quit making such a big deal out of it, that everything 'will be fine'. I mean, I hope you're right, but there's going to be a point where it's not 'fine' and I hope you, with your smug and arrogant confidence, will be up there experiencing the worst of it along with everyone else.

What can I say, that has pretty much been my philosophy my whole life, making the best of whatever is thrown at me. I do not dwell on the "worst case scenario" or live my life waiting for the next shoe to drop. I am the guy that sees the gold behind the silver lining.

My wife is like you, she always sees the bad that might happen, she always looses sleep over "what ifs". Perhaps it is a female thing. Over the past 30 years I have sort of gotten her to not be as bad about assuming the worst.

Odd that people like you are so bothered by my view of life, so much so that you would even wish harm on me and my family.

It is not about being smug, it is about truly not understanding those that always dwell on the negative.

What do you gain over me by always fearing the worst instead of always expecting the best?

Forum List

Back