🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are the two main parties doing about educating kids with skills for the future?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Ten million jobs at risk from advancing technology - Yahoo Finance UK

This is a British article, but the relevance is all too clear. The future is higher tech, jobs will disappear as they have done in the past, to be replaced by robots. Other jobs will appear, what will they be? No doubt they will be maintenance of robots, develop of robots and other higher tech jobs.

In order to get such job people need a higher level of education. Poorer people need to be able to access these jobs as well as lower level jobs might be hard harder than current higher level jobs.

So what are the two main parties doing about trying to keep the US in a position of strength for the future?

Nothing would be my guess.

One of them is doing everything within its power to discourage public education, demonize teachers, and make higher education something that only well off people can experience. One is opposing those forces.

One of them is doing everything within its power to discourage public education, demonize teachers, and make higher education something that only well off people can experience. One is opposing those forces.

One? Just one? I doubt it's just one. I'd put it into thousands at least

It's the parents job to oversee, and direct the course of a child's education. Not the governments. Your kids "get out of it", what "you put into it".

One? Just one? I doubt it's just one. I'd put it into thousands at least

There are two main parties, yes?

Yeah, and you singled out only one of these two parties. Why?

Because one of them would like to end public education in America and the other would not. I thought I was clear.

Nope. Nope. And... nope. Thanks for playing! Next nanny statist; C'mon down!

If educating your children beyond what is being offered, from what ever school they go to is "special"...
Then by your estimation; I am.
I'm just a normal parent in my opinion though.

This is a British article, but the relevance is all too clear. The future is higher tech, jobs will disappear as they have done in the past, to be replaced by robots. Other jobs will appear, what will they be? No doubt they will be maintenance of robots, develop of robots and other higher tech jobs.

In order to get such job people need a higher level of education. Poorer people need to be able to access these jobs as well as lower level jobs might be hard harder than current higher level jobs.

So what are the two main parties doing about trying to keep the US in a position of strength for the future?

Well, the Democrats are more worried about "fairness" than results, and the Republicans are trying to find a way to invest zero dollars.

So we're in great fucking shape there.

Well, the Democrats are more worried about "fairness" than results, and the Republicans are trying to find a way to invest zero dollars.

So we're in great fucking shape there.

That's half true! Well done.

If educating your children beyond what is being offered, from what ever school they go to is "special"...

Look at you! Now you are suggesting that there is something offered at public schools...and you supplement it. Different tune. Well done.

Yea, I remember when the idea of hi tech was being sold as the jobs of the future in my kids school system.

So what did the school board do? They got rid of all the shop classes. No more learning to be a mechanic, a wood worker, a machinist. All those decent jobs that are going unfilled today. Because a college grad doesn't want to work with their hands so much. And the other HS grads don't have a skill set that they learned in high school to offer an employer.

And those hi tech jobs that were going to be out there for everybody? A robot got them.

Look at you! Now you are suggesting that there is something offered at public schools...and you supplement it. Different tune. Well done.
Same tune. Parental participation, and responsibility.
Nor have I suggested anything more than what has been posted. Much less supplemented your suppositions. As far as well done... I know.

Forum List

Back