what are you going to do?????

But al least I had the option of putting my employees in a high deductible plan with a health savings account.

I no longer have that option.

Are you sure about that? I'd really like to know that status of these plans as PPACA steamrolls forward. I've heard, and read, lots of conflicting information and I'd like to know, because these are the only insurance policies that make any sense to me.

I suspect the status of these, and any other policies we're "allowed" to purchase will be subject to endless lobbying (invariably to favor insurance industry interests).

Seriously, you people who supported this mess - How did you ever imagine selling us out like this would be a good thing? Do you all have stock in insurance companies or something?

These policies do not cover most routine care because of the high deductible that does not meet the new government standard.

Okay,

one of you liars tell me how and where my taxes will skyrocket:

I'm a wage earner, average salary, employer provided healthcare.

I'm not a liar, but here's my prediction. It will take a few years, but PPACA is really going to light a fire under health care inflation. As bad as it's been up to now, the law doubles down on all the inflationary pressures currently fueling the spiraling health care prices. That will cost us, one way or another. Probably in some combination of higher premiums, reduced benefits, higher taxes and/or greater debt.

EDIT: And of course, if you lose your job and aren't considered "poor" enough to qualify for freebies, you'll pay whatever penalties, er... taxes, are in place.

Last edited:
No, taxes are not going to skyrocket, and you represent just one vote. And I will vote for President Obama.

The high court’s ruling leaves in place 21 tax increases in the health care law costing more than $675 billion over the next 10 years, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. Of those, 12 tax hikes would affect families earning less than $250,000 per year, the panel said, including a “Cadillac tax” on high-cost insurance plans, a tax on insurance providers and an excise tax on medical-device manufacturers.
Obama hails ruling as win for 'middle class'; justices hand tax issue to GOP - Washington Times

a tax on insurance providers
So when has any business NOT passed on their tax increases to the consumers?????

Last edited:
No, taxes are not going to skyrocket, and you represent just one vote. And I will vote for President Obama.

Sure it will increase taxes..... For the ones that actually PAY federal income taxes that is.

The amount of outright uninformed people on this issue is staggering. You can not like the bill, but at least not like it for reasons that are actually factual.

Have you read the fucking bill asshole? No, like Nancy and barack himself and most of congress, you haven't read the bullshit 2500 pages of legalese garbage, so what do you know? I know the dimwit party and I know that everything they do is to try to buy votes from the lowest forms of life in this country so I have no doubt that this is a law that will work towards destroying wealth and bringing us all down to the same shit level while they stay where they are......flying private jets and eating caviar and laughing at you and all of the other maroons that bought into the hope/change joke.

The high court’s ruling leaves in place 21 tax increases in the health care law costing more than $675 billion over the next 10 years, according to the House Ways and Means Committee. Of those, 12 tax hikes would affect families earning less than $250,000 per year, the panel said, including a “Cadillac tax” on high-cost insurance plans, a tax on insurance providers and an excise tax on medical-device manufacturers.
Obama hails ruling as win for 'middle class'; justices hand tax issue to GOP - Washington Times

So when has any business NOT passed on their tax increases to the consumers?????

Ok, let's accept that number for the sake of the discussion. We have a population of 300 million but let us be conservative and say that only half of those actually pay taxes. Do the math. It comes to about $450 per year in tax increase. $37.50 per month. What is it worth to you to see that a child receives adequate health care?

Ok, let's accept that number for the sake of the discussion. We have a population of 300 million but let us be conservative and say that only half of those actually pay taxes. Do the math. It comes to about $450 per year in tax increase. $37.50 per month. What is it worth to you to see that a child receives adequate health care?

Oh.... The children... Sniffle... Sniffle... Why is it should I should be forced to pay Healthcare for other people's children again?

Oh.... The children... Sniffle... Sniffle... Why is it should I should be forced to pay Healthcare for other people's children again?

Because section 8 housing, welfare, food stamps and wic are not enough.......

You are already forced to pay for other people's elderly.

May I ask, Are you pro choice?

No, you may answer my question, without defecting. It's a very simple question.

Pro choice? wtf is that. we now live in nazi mandate land.

Okay, now that they passed Obamacare, and taxes on you will skyrocket what are you going to do? Are you going to vote Obama back in or vote him out???????

I damn sure am voting him out.

My taxes aren't going to skyrocket. I have insurance. If you're worried about it, you must be one of the freeloaders. It's funny how conservatives deplore welfare, but are giving their imprimatur to stealth welfare for those that know if they go to an ER, they won't be turned away.

Conservatives do not deplore welfare.
I am getting sick and tired of the left, who belive the political spin talking points, that are not true.
We don't like people who are on it right now, who are able to work.
We want to change welfare so that married couples can get assistance and not promote men to leave the mother of their children.
We want them to do some type of work while getting those checks. We also want them to be trained and educated so that they can enter the work force.
We want to lift them up out of poverty.

Because section 8 housing, welfare, food stamps and wic are not enough.......

Apparently not.

Why should I be forced to pay for the uninsured with higher premiums?

Okay, now that they passed Obamacare, and taxes on you will skyrocket what are you going to do? Are you going to vote Obama back in or vote him out???????

I damn sure am voting him out.

My taxes aren't going to skyrocket. I have insurance. If you're worried about it, you must be one of the freeloaders. It's funny how conservatives deplore welfare, but are giving their imprimatur to stealth welfare for those that know if they go to an ER, they won't be turned away.

Conservatives do not deplore welfare.
I am getting sick and tired of the left, who belive the political spin talking points, that are not true.
Like that stupid line about skyrocketing taxes because of the affordable healthcare act

keep saying it long enough and it STILL won't be true.

No, you may answer my question, without defecting. It's a very simple question.

Your premiss if defective on its own.

Because most maladies are cheaper to treat if caught in the early stages and so letting them get no care or emergency care cost more in the long run.

Forum List

Back