What Do You Consider "Fat" for a Woman?

It all depends on your bone structure too. Some people are larger people and some people are smaller people and some are average. :dunno: Your build is also something that should be taken into consideration and not just relying on a BMI. A BMI is just supposed to be something to go by. I'm sure that doctors veer from those "perfect" BMIs and take into consideration a patient's other characteristics and issues.

It all depends on your bone structure too. Some people are larger people and some people are smaller people and some are average. :dunno: Your build is also something that should be taken into consideration and not just relying on a BMI. A BMI is just supposed to be something to go by. I'm sure that doctors veer from those "perfect" BMIs and take into consideration a patient's other characteristics and issues.

Using common sense... really all you need it a mirror to tell if you are out of proportion - not rocket science!

Using common sense... really all you need it a mirror to tell if you are out of proportion - not rocket science!

I know a woman who was always thick in the hips, thighs and butt. Even as a teen and on the thinner side, she still had a big butt, hips and thighs. Pear shaped, and that was just the way she was built, you know? It's like hereditary or something, I guess. Her mom was built the same. Some people will never have a tiny butt or skinny legs, and that's just how it is. Some other more thin girls will probably never have a big fat butt or thighs. BMIs are targeted for average built people but there are a lot of outliers too. I think if you have a good doctor, he or she will take that kind of thing into consideration.

I don't mean to be rude, but, why is it always the 3 of us talking about this... is every other woman on here fat?

I don't mean to be rude, but, why is it always the 3 of us talking about this... is every other woman on here fat?
Even if someone says they are not online you would not know. I recall a doctor who told me I had fat when I weighed 99lbs. I had to laugh at him.

Even if someone says they are not online you would not know. I recall a doctor who told me I had fat when I weighed 99lbs. I had to laugh at him.

No, that's true, there are some here that just don't dabble in this kind of conversation, noted.

I'm very interested in this kind of stuff. I type about it for a living and I am into physical fitness. Also, I notice that there are a LOT more fat people around than when I was a kid. Obesity is a problem in this country according to statistics and my own eyes. ;)

Fat at 99 lbs? Are you 3 feet tall or something?

My step-mother is 5"2" and 98 lbs... small bones...

Well for one I'd have to say I have my share of fat; on the other hand it is really no one's concern except for maybe Rod's. I love being married to him. He says its totally up to me how I look, dress, wear my hair or whatever.

Hubby teases me but - I think most men that put women down it's because they feel they are not worth of them... so it's a sick compliment

My grandmother was 4'8. I was taller than her at 8 years old. My dad used to say he had no clue where I got legs at because it gave me some height.

I am also tiny at 5'1". My weight usually fluctuates between 98 and 105 pounds. I think my ideal weight is supposed to be like 105-110, but any more than 105, and I start to feel a little sloppy looking. I think that because I'm short I don't carry extra weight well. I begin to look rather round. :lol:

Hubby teases me but - I think most men that put women down it's because they feel they are not worth of them... so it's a sick compliment
I think you are correct. A friend of Rod's was commenting on his pondering why there are so many fat women around now days. Hell the man has never been married and he's over sixty. I told Rod 'does he think he is a specimen or what'.

Forum List

Back