What do you do for a living?

I'm a quality control inspector at the doll factory.

0_Westworld-style-sex-robot-factory-offers-glimpse-at-quality-control-process.jpg

I assist women who are having a hard time getting impregnated, and impregnate them.
I hope it pays well, child support can be a killer.
It is a service by contract. All that mumbo jumbo is taken care of.

i'm a professional george soros paid poster.
Wow! I'm an agent of Putin doing Trump's undercover work.

i'm replying just so i get paid some mo' money. ca ching!
Penny a post?

naw.... i negotiated for way more than that! i come with sources.
People hate sources here...lol. Especially peer reviewed abstracts...wooooo..Those get you in trouble.

I'm in charge of an up market student accommodation building. Nightshift.

Job is a piece of piss tbh.

Most challenging thing I have to deal with is students locked out their rooms and having to cancel their smartcards and issue new ones from the computer and also when they receive a parcel during daytime hours but it can't be located (it's amazing how something so simple can be fucked up - it's a very straight forward system - take receipt of package, store it, email the student to let them know, log it, when student comes in retrieve package and sign it out to them).

Other than that there's building patrols to be done at my own discretion including checking the boiler rooms and plant rooms - logging any faults/issues and putting it in the handover for the next shift.

Long story short, I basically sit in an office all night, on my laptop, getting paid to surf the net and listen to podcasts.

Money is garbage but it's enough for me to get by.

I suppose the trade off is rubbish money in exchange for job satisfaction.

I'd rather get the £10-pounds an hour doing this and be happy, than get £15-pounds an hour and hate my work/dread getting up and going in.

i'm a professional george soros paid poster.
Wow! I'm an agent of Putin doing Trump's undercover work.

i'm replying just so i get paid some mo' money. ca ching!
Penny a post?

naw.... i negotiated for way more than that! i come with sources.
People hate sources here...lol. Especially peer reviewed abstracts...wooooo..Those get you in trouble.

ya, it's a damn shame that facts are like kryptonite to some around these parts... but as long as i get paid, it saul goodman, it's allllllll good.

I use to be an Engineer. I have been retired since 2003 although I have done a little consulting and teaching in a college during the interim. I also did some firearms training for the Sheriff's Department and was a range officer.

My job nowadays is to not piss off my wife and to have fun being a grandpa.

My for real answer.
I work primarily as a framer, but am involved in every phase of construction depending on job.
Siding, windows, roofing, trim, hardware, staging a house, etc.
This is the latest lake home we have topped off...
20210415_154334.jpg

The flat roof on upper garage is now finished.
20210415_154410.jpg

Now building a large screened porch off the back of house here. Windows come next week.

I build custom beach houses on the Gulf of Mexico

Aren't they all the ones sinking below water level now due to climate change?
No. We build them on top of 12-16 foot pilings. It used to be 8-12 foot pilings but the water rises a lot higher during hurricanes than it used to. Down here in Florida not even the republicans can ignore what they see with their own eyes. Even the new darling of right, Gov. Desantis, is not a climate denier.

I build custom beach houses on the Gulf of Mexico

Aren't they all the ones sinking below water level now due to climate change?
No. We build them on top of 12-16 foot pilings. It used to be 8-12 foot pilings but the water rises a lot higher during hurricanes than it used to. Down here in Florida not even the republicans can ignore what they see with their own eyes. Even the new darling of right, Gov. Desantis, is not a climate denier.

It doesn't take a "climate denier" to admit that the ocean levels have been going up and down for four billion years, just as the river level goes up and down, the snowfall goes up and down and the rainfall goes up and down.

Nothing on the Earth is steady except progressive gullibility.

Forum List

Back