What does living within your means really mean?

If YOUR MEANS are too small to meet basic human needs then you die

So what does a person do?

Get a job, get a better job, get two jobs, give up booze, give up cigarettes, any of those?

or

Live off other Taxpayers?

We can probably guess your answer :)

Well they join the democrat party.
Then they demand that those that have because they produce
get taxed a much higher rate. Then the Democrat President
finds a way to funnel that money to the democrat voters..... :D
Republicans don't receive welfare or food stamps?????? Wow, that's news to me roz!!!! ;)

living within your means can include some credit/debt wise acre....i am going to drop dead on this one, but rabbi could be right! :eek:

living within your means is being able to pay your bills, if a mortgage, car payments and credit card payments are paid every month, then you are living within your means to pay.

You said name one. You didn't say aside from or in addition to Christianity.

Well damn you are not following Cares and my discussion you just target in on what I said. Mine and her discussion consist of the only charitable religion with anyone of any faith or no faith are Christians that is their teaching.

Now if the government is going to take care of people then the government is violating the Constitution, because of the anti religion people argument of separation of church and state.

You studied those other religions?

I took a semester my freshman year in college world religion.

Jesus did not advocate letting children starve for poltical purposes

The Bible says the poor should glean the fields for food after the farmers commercially harvested them or in fields where it is not economically profitable to harvest.

Now we feed them the cream of the crop just like everyone else.

So we should live like it's 500 BC?

This is what conservatism is...a campaign against progress.

Jesus did not advocate letting children starve for poltical purposes

The Bible says the poor should glean the fields for food after the farmers commercially harvested them or in fields where it is not economically profitable to harvest.

Now we feed them the cream of the crop just like everyone else.

So we should live like it's 500 BC?

This is what conservatism is...a campaign against progress.

America throws away SO MUCH FOOD everyday, logic would dictate we gather up what they throw, and share it with those who have not.

But we don't.

And I'm not talking leftovers from a plate, I'm talking stuff that gets tossed in the dumpster at the store the day after the expiration date.

anyway, back on topic, the hubby said, reasonable car payment, and home mortgage is living within your means, credit card payments, even within your ability to pay them is not living within means, so maybe i was wrong and rabbi is wrong?

I charge things all the time and end up paying no iterest on them because I pay in full each month.

If your smart you use them instead of letting them use you

That is your risk and as far as I understand it that can hurt your credit score.
I've paid off my credit cards in full each month for as long as I can remember and my credit score was 847 when I checked about six months ago. So the notion that paying it off hurts your credit score is a myth.

The credit card companies would prefer that you don't pay it off in full but they still make money from the interest the vendors whom you buy from pay them. In fact I get paid by the credit card companies in the form of a "reward" percentage of everything I charge.

So what if they are. You can't just combine them for the sake of winning this altercation.

Christians and the jewish religion are connected. Judeo christian values, ever heard of that?

/symphony of sarcasm

"Why no, LilDeb! Tell me all about it. I shall wait right here with bated breath."

0027232voggcdtlghyaygl.jpg

I charge things all the time and end up paying no iterest on them because I pay in full each month.

If your smart you use them instead of letting them use you

That is your risk and as far as I understand it that can hurt your credit score.
I've paid off my credit cards in full each month for as long as I can remember and my credit score was 847 when I checked about six months ago. So the notion that paying it off hurts your credit score is a myth.

The credit card companies would prefer that you don't pay it off in full but they still make money from the interest the vendors whom you buy from pay them. In fact I get paid by the credit card companies in the form of a "reward" percentage of everything I charge.

I put everything I can on Discovercard and pay it off every month, and then turn in the reward points for discount bonus cards at retailers.

btw, inside the credit card business people like us are referred to as 'deadbeats'.

gotta love it!

10% of your income should go to the poor or a church that gives to the poor.

What about all the conservatives around here who say helping the poor just encourages laziness and an entitlement attitude?

Conservatives give double to charities compared to liberals.

No they don't.

But you didn't answer my question. Why do churches help the poor if helping the poor is a bad influence on them??

We hear that all the time from conservatives.

Forum List

Back