What Does Santa Claus Have To Do With Christianity?

Ah, then you can appreciate how foolish you come across.

BTW, the people who do the light design have zero insight into the language...it doesn't make you an expert of language, dodo.
not by itself it doesn't but that and 3 decades of plays, movies and back ground research. for the aforementioned sure as shit makes me far more qualified in languages then you..
btw you don't no dick about show business so saying shit like this: "the people who do the light design have zero insight into the language"-kg
makes you even more ignorant!

Last edited:
wiki works for basic definitions.

Not so much for debunking political/science stuff, because as we all know, anyone can get on there and tweak it.

But when it comes to explaining what a malapropism is, it works just fine.

You don't need Wikipedia to debunk the studies you post. I usually google the author etc.. Nine out of ten times it is some bigot who cherry picks information to back up their already formed opinion.
This usually true with any Fox News watching moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure you do, luser. You're well known for your ability to intelligently "debunk" well made arguments.

You're, like, famous for it! For example in this thread you...you...oh, wait...

Lol..give me, and all of us, a break.

Not so much for debunking political/science stuff, because as we all know, anyone can get on there and tweak it.

--- says the poster who tried to use Wiki to "prove" the existence of St. Nicholas three days ago...

oh but we 'forgot' about that thread, along with anthropology... :eusa_whistle:

Sure you do, luser. You're well known for your ability to intelligently "debunk" well made arguments.

I just debunked your biased study. It was pretty easy. Took me five minutes on google.
Like I said, it's easy, you always post studies funded by right wingers that controlled the study to back their opinion.
And you are famous for being a bigot who can't think for herself.

So pretty much, you are the loser.

--- says the poster who tried to use Wiki to "prove" the existence of St. Nicholas three days ago...

:lol::lol::lol:

Cuz after all, St. Nicholas didn't really exist. He's a figment of the Christian imagination.

LOLOL!

:lol::lol::lol:

Cuz after all, St. Nicholas didn't really exist. He's a figment of the Christian imagination.

LOLOL!
true, the modern christian version of St. Nicholas is completely imaginary.

St. Nicholas Center ::: Who is St. Nicholas?

"Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in AD 325. He died December 6, AD 343 in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance, said to have healing powers, fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day, December 6th (December 19 on the Julian Calendar)."

"
• Participation in the Council of Nicaea
Although Bishop Nicholas does not appear on all lists of attenders, his name appears on the oldest Greek list and on five other lists.
• Saving three condemned innocents
This story is the oldest and most genuine recorded episode from the life of St. Nicholas. Historical documentation confirms the many references to place names and people."

"The ancient sources cited to substantiate this information are Michael the Archimandrite, Sinaitic and Ethiopian manuscripts, Gratianus' Decretum, Theodore the Lector, Andrew of Crete, Eustratios of Constantinople, AD 583; Passionarium Romanum, 650 AD; and Praxis de tributo."

"St. Nicholas' remains are buried in the crypt of the Basilica di San Nicola in Bari, Italy."

st-nicholas-face-1-sm.jpg

Wow, he looks like Santa Claus, lol.

"At the Vatican's request, anatomy professor Luigi Martino from the University of Bari, took thousands of minutely-detailed measurements and x-ray photographs (roentgenography) of the skull and other bones.
The current professor of forensic pathology at the University of Bari, Francesco Introna, knew advancements in diagnostic technique could yield much more from the data gathered in the 1950s. So he engaged an expert facial anthropologist, Caroline Wilkinson, at the University of Manchester in England, to construct a model of the saint's head from the earlier measurements.
Using this data, the medical artist used state-of-the-art computer software to develop the model of St. Nicholas."

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/real-face/

Last edited:

Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in AD 325. He died December 6, AD 343 in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance, said to have healing powers, fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day, December 6th (December 19 on the Julian Calendar).
like I said " the modern christian version of St. Nicholas is completely imaginary."
having trouble distinguishing ancient from modern...?
besides that site debunks the ST. NICK WAS WHITE MYTH...

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/real-face/

Last edited:
"
The result of the project is the image of a Greek man, living in Asia Minor (part of the Greek Byzantine Empire), about 60-years old, 5-feet 6-inches tall, who had a heavy jaw and a broken nose.
Press reaction to the facsimile tended to imply that good Saint Nicholas had had a brawling past, hence the broken nose. It is more likely, however, that his nose was broken when imprisoned and tortured during the persecution of Christians under Roman Emperor Diocletian."

The BBC seems to think he existed:

"The image and the process to create it were featured on a one-hour television documentary, The Real Face of Santa, produced by Atlantic Productions for BBC 2 and also shown on the Discovery Channel (see below)."

St. Nicholas Center ::: Real Face

Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in AD 325. He died December 6, AD 343 in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance, said to have healing powers, fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day, December 6th (December 19 on the Julian Calendar).
like I said " the modern christian version of St. Nicholas is completely imaginary."

Lol...

images

Narrow minded ignorami seem to think that if they haven't been exposed to something, it doesn't exist.

Trust me, modern Christians (think Eastern Orthodox) have a vibrant, current and accurate concept of St. Nick.

"
The result of the project is the image of a Greek man, living in Asia Minor (part of the Greek Byzantine Empire), about 60-years old, 5-feet 6-inches tall, who had a heavy jaw and a broken nose.
Press reaction to the facsimile tended to imply that good Saint Nicholas had had a brawling past, hence the broken nose. It is more likely, however, that his nose was broken when imprisoned and tortured during the persecution of Christians under Roman Emperor Diocletian."

The BBC seems to think he existed:

"The image and the process to create it were featured on a one-hour television documentary, The Real Face of Santa, produced by Atlantic Productions for BBC 2 and also shown on the Discovery Channel (see below)."

nobody but you arguing he existed as all ways trying to white wash the facts...like I said " the modern christian version of St. Nicholas is completely imaginary."

[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]St. Nicholas Day 2013
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]AFEDJ invites you to support needy children in the Holy Land
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]by celebrating on/near December 6th
[/FONT]​

St. Nicholas Day 2013 - American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem

The modern tradition of St. Nick quite accurately reflects the philosophy of the original St. Nick.

Including the red clothing (the trappings of a bishop) and the funny hat.

Greg_Williams_as_St._Nick_12.jpeg

It ends up being translated in different ways, through the ages and in different areas, but it's quite recognizable, and quite true to the original.

Lol...

images

Narrow minded ignorami seem to think that if they haven't been exposed to something, it doesn't exist.

Trust me, modern Christians (think Eastern Orthodox) have a vibrant, current and accurate concept of St. Nick.
no they don't....again your making shit up.
this is the Eastern Orthodox version and it's inaccurate...

I posted the Eastern Orthodox version..and yes, it is accurate. And modern.

Our St. Nick certainly derives from that one. He's recognizable, and charming.

[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]St. Nicholas Day 2013
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]AFEDJ invites you to support needy children in the Holy Land
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]by celebrating on/near December 6th
[/FONT]​

St. Nicholas Day 2013 - American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem

The modern tradition of St. Nick quite accurately reflects the philosophy of the original St. Nick.

Including the red clothing (the trappings of a bishop) and the funny hat.

Greg_Williams_as_St._Nick_12.jpeg

It ends up being translated in different ways, through the ages and in different areas, but it's quite recognizable, and quite true to the original.
wow now that's credible...and a PRIME EXAMPLE OF DENIAL IN ACTION,

How white was Ancient Greece?

Calling them white is anachronistic: “white” is a Western invention used to excuse slavery and colonialism during the last several hundred years. The ancient Greeks certainly did not think of themselves as white: they divided the world not by race but by language: those who spoke Greek were Greeks, those who did not were barbarians.

More: “White” is based not just on looks – it is based on culture too. You see that with Arabs: in the Middle East they are not seen as white by Americans, but if they come to America and take on White American ways, they are – like Steve Jobs and Ralph Nader.

In that sense, then, the Ancient Greeks were no more white or Western than the British are “Nigerian” or “Australian”. It is backwards thinking.

Thinking that leads to some strange and curious things:
1.The West “begins with the Greeks”. Not because it does – despite the way some White Americans talk, civilization is not a white invention. Their civilization comes from Egypt and the Middle East by way of Greece and Rome. But they see it as starting with Greece because it was the first “white” country to be civilized. And it was first only because it was closest to Egypt.
2.The Greeks seem to have amazing intelligence. Because Westerners are taught to turn a blind eye to the Egyptian roots of Greek civilization: the columns, the paper, the science and mathematics, etc, all came straight out of Egypt. Even before Alexandria became the centre of Greek learning, people like Plato, Pythagoras, Solon and Thales all studied in Egypt. “The glory that was Greece” was built not on some kind of amazing Greek grey matter but sailing times to Egypt.
3.Ancient Greeks are seen as “universal”, not “ethnic” by Anglos, who play up what they have in common with the Ancient Greeks. They do not apply that kind of thinking to the Greeks of the past 1500 years, who they look down on as unimportant, even the Byzantine Empire.
4.The Ancient Greeks were seen as white before Greek Americans were. Just as Jesus was seen as white before the Jews were. In the 1920s laws were passed to keep Greeks and other such undesirables from coming to America in large numbers – in part to keep them from destroying the country culturally and genetically.
How white was Ancient Greece? | Abagond

I posted the Eastern Orthodox version..and yes, it is accurate. And modern.

Our St. Nick certainly derives from that one. He's recognizable, and charming.
IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ACCURATE in the true sense of the word.
IT IS HOWEVER ACCURATE to the myth and the expectations of bias believers...making it a fraud..

Forum List

Back