What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

That's my point, all the gay stuff is in the same books.

Homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament also. You won't win this one, best run along. Also the ban on eating pork was directed at the Jews,never the Gentiles
Chapter and verse please. You make a claim like that you should back it up.

Romans 1:25-27
Well OK then, carry on being a hateful person. I prefer the words of Jesus telling us to not hate people. You're not the only one who can disregard the parts of the bible that are inconvenient.

Thanks for playing :) And Jesus would never have tolerated homosexuality, He would follow the Bible

Jesus did not condemn or reject the roman centurion when he was concerned about a boy that served him. He did not even have to meet the boy but healed him from afar, because of the love the centurion had to the boy.

Jesus did not condone hate of judgement of others. He taught to love each other.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.
I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

God doesn't hate "fags" He hates their sin. God is all loving but He has rules

I think gay people should get left alone. I've seen plenty of examples of workplace discrimination against them. It is often not fair because in many cases they are doing there jobs better than everyone. I've also seen a case where a company only hires and promotes gays. In either case it can't be stopped because it's impossible to enforce anti discrimination laws.

I'm more than tolerant towards the majority of them and personally I could care less what they do but when they start trying to force it on me I'm going to push back. As they get more out of control you'll see more people doing just that. It's already starting

I treasure the opportunity to completely ignore other people and go on about my own business. I become very cranky and resentful when people insist on forcing themselves on my awareness and making me form an opinion about them. It generally predisposes that opinion to be rather negative.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.
I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

God doesn't hate "fags" He hates their sin. God is all loving but He has rules
It seems God built the sin into them. He really must hate fags to create someone who is bound to sin, be constantly filled with guilt, be treated as a pariah and never really be happy. Or, it could be that all that hate, guilt and public stigma are nothing but the societal meddling of ancient hypocrites who also wanted to force their narrow morality on the public.

The jury is still out on whether homosexuals are born homosexual.

Not that it would really mean much even if it were true.

God only gave man 10 commandments to follow. The rest of these rules came from men.

By all means, feel free to believe that and act on it if you wish. But please understand that that personal opinion and choice of yours has zero, zip, nada effect on what other people believe, since no one at all is interested in your input as to what they SHOULD believe, or how they're "doing it wrong".

Which one of the three versions is the one God gave us?
You'll have to look on the label.
Chapter and Verse please...
Exodus Chapter 20, verses 2 through 17
Note that there is nothing said about homosexuality or food or clothing, nor does it say anything about stoning people to death.

Homosexuality is condemned in at least six different place in the Bible. It's perfectly clear the Bible and God prohibit it
The authors of the various books may have condemned it, but God only gave the 10 commandments written on stone tablets given to Moses on Mount Sinai.

Again, feel free to believe that and act on it as you wish. But understand that no one asked you your opinion on their own beliefs, and now that you have forced it on us unsolicited, we still don't give a crap, because we don't respect you or value your opinion.

Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.

You also deserved death for not being circumcised, or eating a cheese burger ( any food that mixes meat and dairy). I'm guessing you prefer to ignore that part of the bible though.

>or eating a cheese burger<

That is a lot of people that are sinners
:)

What of people that wear different fabrics?

Are we allowed to sell our daughters into slavery?

What about planting crops? How many of us have back yard vegetable gardens of fruit trees?

Working on the sabbath? What of those to post or play games on the computer?

We don't burn people alive of stone them in the town square. We don't publicly flog people (well, some do with their tongues).

All sins, some sins, is there a scale? Why are we supposed to judge instead of god? Are we to take god's responsibility upon ourselves? What need of god then?

This attack against gays is just so much BS to try and justify the sin of hating others. Go burn yourselves and leave gays alone. All they want to do is find the person they want to love and share their lives with, just like the rest of us.

Bravo! I always like how the left tries to explain "Endowed by our Creator". Tickles the hell out of me.

What the hell does the Declaration of Independence have to do with how we are governed? The DoI is a founding document - but not a governing one. BTW, who is the Creator? Each religion would interpret that differently. Mom and Dad were my Creators.

Who is the "Great Spirit"?

Who knows? However, I generally consider Wakan Tanka to be the collective energy of all my Native American ancestors. I'm an Atheist, by the way.

Bet the "Spirit Gods" have a case of the ass at you......

I doubt it. I was raised to evolve.

"Raised to evolve"? Are you telling us now that evolution is a conscious choice? That your position is homosexual is not voluntary, but evolving is?

June is Gay Pride Month. It is a time for parades and for festivals, for rainbow flags and for dance tents. It is a time to recognize the amazing progress that has been made on LGBT equality as we recommit ourselves to continuing the struggle until liberty and justice for all really means "all." Everywhere.

And this year it is not only about gearing up for Pride; it is about counting down to "Decision Day." It is about awaiting the Supreme Court rulings on the Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee marriage cases -- rulings due any day - that could finally make marriage equality a reality in all fifty states.

So here's the 2015 version of my Top Ten FAQs about God, Jesus, the Bible and LGBT People -- offered in hope that together we truly can be the change we want to see in the world and offered in rebuttal to the rabid rhetoric of the anti-gay religious right that infuses our public discourse and infects our political process. Those who use God, Jesus and the Bible as weapons of mass discrimination do not speak for me. And they do not speak for my church.

1. Is being gay a sin?
No. Sins are acts that separate us from God and keep us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. Being gay is not a sin. Bullying is a sin. Being hateful to other people is a sin. Putting yourself in the place of God to judge others is a sin. Being gay is not.

Much More (2 thru 10): God, Jesus and the Bible: FAQs for Gay Pride Month - Rev. Susan Russell

Why do homophobes waste so much time, energy and hate being afraid of LGBT folks and trying to legislate them into the shadows? Fear and superstition, I suppose. I don't get it.

This from the poster who started a thread about Lindsey Graham and took great joy in calling him a faggot?

The left is completely full of bullshit.

Please quote where I called Lindsey Graham a "faggot"...

Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.

You also deserved death for not being circumcised, or eating a cheese burger ( any food that mixes meat and dairy). I'm guessing you prefer to ignore that part of the bible though.

What about planting crops? How many of us have back yard vegetable gardens of fruit trees?

We don't burn people alive of stone them in the town square. We don't publicly flog people (well, some do with their tongues).

All sins, some sins, is there a scale? Why are we supposed to judge instead of god? Are we to take god's responsibility upon ourselves? What need of god then?

This attack against gays is just so much BS to try and justify the sin of hating others. Go burn yourselves and leave gays alone. All they want to do is find the person they want to love and share their lives with, just like the rest of us.
Your ignorance of the Hebrew Bible is really astounding. Go read a book or something on it befiore you thoroughly embarass yourself again.

June is Gay Pride Month. It is a time for parades and for festivals, for rainbow flags and for dance tents. It is a time to recognize the amazing progress that has been made on LGBT equality as we recommit ourselves to continuing the struggle until liberty and justice for all really means "all." Everywhere.

And this year it is not only about gearing up for Pride; it is about counting down to "Decision Day." It is about awaiting the Supreme Court rulings on the Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee marriage cases -- rulings due any day - that could finally make marriage equality a reality in all fifty states.

So here's the 2015 version of my Top Ten FAQs about God, Jesus, the Bible and LGBT People -- offered in hope that together we truly can be the change we want to see in the world and offered in rebuttal to the rabid rhetoric of the anti-gay religious right that infuses our public discourse and infects our political process. Those who use God, Jesus and the Bible as weapons of mass discrimination do not speak for me. And they do not speak for my church.

1. Is being gay a sin?
No. Sins are acts that separate us from God and keep us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. Being gay is not a sin. Bullying is a sin. Being hateful to other people is a sin. Putting yourself in the place of God to judge others is a sin. Being gay is not.

Much More (2 thru 10): God, Jesus and the Bible: FAQs for Gay Pride Month - Rev. Susan Russell

Why do homophobes waste so much time, energy and hate being afraid of LGBT folks and trying to legislate them into the shadows? Fear and superstition, I suppose. I don't get it.

This from the poster who started a thread about Lindsey Graham and took great joy in calling him a faggot?

Explain why you started a thread bashing his sexuality? Fucking hypocrite.

But hey...you are a lefty. Nobody does hypocrisy like you guys.

Lindsey Graham Doesn t Think Being Single Will Hurt His White House Chances US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Bible says eating pork is an abomination and yet practically all Christians disregard that. If the biblical rationale is to used you should also be looking to ban pork production and see pig eaters as morally deficient sinners, hated by God and rightfully shunned by decent society. You pick and choose what you will disregard and what you will be obedient to. Using the "God's commandment" argument is but an excuse unless you try to follow everything in the biblical law books to the letter.

LOL You're quoting Mosaic and Ceremonial law, done away with by the New Covenant.
That's my point, all the gay stuff is in the same books.

Homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament also. You won't win this one, best run along. Also the ban on eating pork was directed at the Jews,never the Gentiles

Since when did Paul's teachings become more important than Jesus's teachings?

Because Saul (Paul) was told to go forth and preach the word unto all the Nation's. You don't like the message, that's your choice. It's all about choice, my friend. Hell, I may be as guilty - I can't turn away from Baby Back Ribs. Hopefully on Judgement day - I'll catch a break. Along with all my other sins, including killing, beating, lying. But, I guess in your world, since I killed, beat and lied for my government, it is all good, right?

And yet the apostles and Jesus's brother did not want him around. They did not believe in his ministry.

1. Is being gay a sin?

Lindsey Graham Doesn t Think Being Single Will Hurt His White House Chances US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Because he won't publicly declare his sexual orientation. He knows the rumors have been swirling for years. As a presidential candidate - it all on the table. It's that simple.

Bravo! I always like how the left tries to explain "Endowed by our Creator". Tickles the hell out of me.

What the hell does the Declaration of Independence have to do with how we are governed? The DoI is a founding document - but not a governing one. BTW, who is the Creator? Each religion would interpret that differently. Mom and Dad were my Creators.

Who is the "Great Spirit"?

Who knows? However, I generally consider Wakan Tanka to be the collective energy of all my Native American ancestors. I'm an Atheist, by the way.

Fair enough , very New Age of you.

Your belief is no less silly than how you think Christians are silly.

Do you think it's silly not to believe superstitious supernatural nonsense? If so, I'm very silly...

You started a thread justifying homosexuality by the Bible, and now you want to dismiss the Bible as nonsense. That would be very silly.

1. Is being gay a sin?

Because he won't publicly declare his sexual orientation. He knows the rumors have been swirling for years. As a presidential candidate - it all on the table. It's that simple.

It was a lefty bash on Graham and his sexuality. A number of lefties in your thread called Graham a faggot and mocked his sexuality.

Would you like me to pull the quotes?

And you didn't say a fucking thing regarding the homophobic bashing. You are a hypocrite. You support bigotry and hatred when it is driected against people you do not like.

Yep. Ranks right up there with eating a pork chop or wearing blended fabrics.

Another clown quoting Mosaic and Ceremonial law which were directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles

Jesus was a jew and taught the torah and about the god of abraham. He did not create a new religion, paul did that.

We're TRYING to leave them alone. But it appears what they REALLY want to do is seek out people who disagree with them and then throw a big, drama queen hissy fit about it.

1. Is being gay a sin?

Why is he required to publicly declare anything? Maybe he doesn't think it's any of your fucking business.

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

What does the Bible say about homosexuality Is homosexuality a sin

My religion says being gay is fine and to go fuck yourself for your's. :)
And what religion would that be? Evangelical Atheism?

Best comeback I ever heard was when someone asked someone I knew if they would feel stupid if they died and nothing was there and she responded with not half as stupid as they would if there is something there.
As the saying goes... "I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there's not, than to live my life as though there wasn't a God and die and find out there is."

Good for you. So, just do it quietly and don't try to influence how others live.

. . . Says the hypocritical dumb shit who started a thread about how other people were practicing their religion which he doesn't share incorrectly.

The only ones I see trying to influence how others live would be you and your asshole buddies who keep trying to tell us what Christianity SHOULD believe.

1. Is being gay a sin?

It was a lefty bash on Graham and his sexuality. A number of lefties in your thread called Graham a faggot and mocked his sexuality.

Would you like me to pull the quotes?

And you didn't say a fucking thing regarding the homophobic bashing. You are a hypocrite. You support bigotry and hatred when it is driected against people you do not like.

I never called him a "faggot" as you claimed - but I am bashing him for hiding in the closet. I just don't like the little prick - regardless of his sexual orientation. I strongly support equality for LGBT folks - but not the cowards.

Forum List

Back