What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

More to the point what does any of this have to do with the actual topic at hand, which is Lakhota blatantly lying about what the Bible says about sodomy.

You have the right to say anything you want. When you start advocating laws that restrict others equal rights, you've gone too far.

No one is advocating for any laws by saying the Bible says sodomy is sinful.

You , nor anybody else on the right has been able to produce any substantial justification for their opposition to gay rights other than their personal religious beliefs that it is sinful. .

Sure cause all the healthy reasons both psychological and physical are non existent.

So you are really only concerned about their health, right? Perhaps you can give a link to where a gay person receiving his equal rights is harmful to his psyche.

Maybe you can tell me why the government has to completely redefine marriage for gays to have rights.

And since when does the government have the power to create rights anyway?

Exactly how will strait marriages be changed in any way? As far as the governments power to bestow rights, we have this document called the constitution that explains all that.

All these so called christians seem to have forgotten what Jesus actually taught
Do not judge so that you will not be judged (Matthew 7:1).
Love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31)
Versions of the universal golden rule
Where does Jesus say to hate and persecute gays? He did not even say that about the Romans that killed him or that brutalized the jewish people, and would eventually crucify 250,000+ of them.
Prejudice is a terrible thing.

How is telling the truth about God's standard of morality hating or persecuting gays?

How is telling the truth about God's standard of morality hating or persecuting gays?

but wasn't jesus god in your church teaching? So wouldn't jesus words of kindness and love not be valid for those people you might want to dislike or distrust? Would the not judging apply to no judging gays?

to justify your hate you are as selective of what jesus said as you are at verse pecking through the OT?

Bible is supposed to teach love, so where is love for fellow humans who happen at god's making to be gay?

Let me help you out:

1Ti 4:1 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

God called "forbidding to marry" doctrines of devils. 1 Corinthians 7:4-5 says nothing of celibacy. You're following the doctrines of demons.

View attachment 42547

He is a sabbitarian which is a heresy and makes him a heretic. The fact that he writes books on Christian ethics instead of theology and Bible puts him outside of orthodoxy.

The Book of Acts in Its Ancient Literary Setting Book of Acts in Its First Century Setting Winter Clark 9780802824332 Amazon.com Books

Bruce Winter is the director of the Institute of Early Christianity in the Graeco-Roman World, a fellow of St. Edmund’s College, and a member of the divinity faculty at the University of Cambridge

So what? I don't respect that college.
Not everyone that says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven and you are trusting in people who say the opposite of what the Bible says so their words are sand and God's word is the rock.

"I don't respect that college." (In reference to the University of Cambridge--an institution of learning and research that,arguably, is more prestigious and world-renowned than any college in the US!)
:eek:

but wasn't jesus god in your church teaching? So wouldn't jesus words of kindness and love not be valid for those people you might want to dislike or distrust? Would the not judging apply to no judging gays?

to justify your hate you are as selective of what jesus said as you are at verse pecking through the OT?

Bible is supposed to teach love, so where is love for fellow humans who happen at god's making to be gay?

Jesus specifically commanded us to make judgments.

He also commanded us to bring the sinners to repentance and to wArn our neighbors of the consequence of sin .

Why do you falsely pretend that is hateful or unkind?

And how is the op lying about the bible's teachings on sodomy kind or loving? I tend to find people who lie to me to be unkind.

He also commanded us to bring the sinners to repentance and to wArn our neighbors of the consequence of sin .

And how is the op lying about the bible's teachings on sodomy kind or loving? I tend to find people who lie to me to be unkind.

How exactly are you supposed to bring sinners to repentance? Is it along the lines of helping a little old lady across the street when she doesn't want to go? No. You are supposed to behave in a way that they make their own choice to emulate you. Ranting and raving will drive more off than it will bring in. Why are you wanting to be responsible for someone writing off the next person who gets a chance to bring them in because you had to be an overbearing ass?

Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.
Yep. Ranks right up there with eating a pork chop or wearing blended fabrics.

Another clown quoting Mosaic and Ceremonial law which were directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles

Jesus was a jew and taught the torah and about the god of abraham. He did not create a new religion, paul did that.

No Jesus did that. He put the Jews and then Gentiles under a new covenant. That the Jews didn't accept it didn't change the fact. Mercy trumps Law.

Christ would not condemn a gay. Why would he, when He knew He would be the one paying for their sin? While adultery is also considered a sin, Christ refused to condemn the woman caught in the act of sexual sin by the Pharisees. But what He did say was, "Go and sin no more." Not condemning is not the same as condoning. Love the sinner, hate the sin is applicable here.

Last edited:

How exactly are you supposed to bring sinners to repentance? Is it along the lines of helping a little old lady across the street when she doesn't want to go? No. You are supposed to behave in a way that they make their own choice to emulate you. Ranting and raving will drive more off than it will bring in. Why are you wanting to be responsible for someone writing off the next person who gets a chance to bring them in because you had to be an overbearing ass?

How am I ranting and raving by asking the opportunity to support herself? How am I ranting and raving by discussing the topic of what the Bible says about homosexual conduct?

You keep constructing straw men that I haven't argued. Why?

June is Gay Pride Month. It is a time for parades and for festivals, for rainbow flags and for dance tents. It is a time to recognize the amazing progress that has been made on LGBT equality as we recommit ourselves to continuing the struggle until liberty and justice for all really means "all." Everywhere.

And this year it is not only about gearing up for Pride; it is about counting down to "Decision Day." It is about awaiting the Supreme Court rulings on the Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee marriage cases -- rulings due any day - that could finally make marriage equality a reality in all fifty states.

So here's the 2015 version of my Top Ten FAQs about God, Jesus, the Bible and LGBT People -- offered in hope that together we truly can be the change we want to see in the world and offered in rebuttal to the rabid rhetoric of the anti-gay religious right that infuses our public discourse and infects our political process. Those who use God, Jesus and the Bible as weapons of mass discrimination do not speak for me. And they do not speak for my church.

1. Is being gay a sin?
No. Sins are acts that separate us from God and keep us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. Being gay is not a sin. Bullying is a sin. Being hateful to other people is a sin. Putting yourself in the place of God to judge others is a sin. Being gay is not.

Much More (2 thru 10): God, Jesus and the Bible: FAQs for Gay Pride Month - Rev. Susan Russell

Why do homophobes waste so much time, energy and hate being afraid of LGBT folks and trying to legislate them into the shadows? Fear and superstition, I suppose. I don't get it.
"Bible Really!"

I thought I was an only child?

Let me help you out:

1Ti 4:1 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

God called "forbidding to marry" doctrines of devils. 1 Corinthians 7:4-5 says nothing of celibacy. You're following the doctrines of demons.

View attachment 42547

He is a sabbitarian which is a heresy and makes him a heretic. The fact that he writes books on Christian ethics instead of theology and Bible puts him outside of orthodoxy.

The Book of Acts in Its Ancient Literary Setting Book of Acts in Its First Century Setting Winter Clark 9780802824332 Amazon.com Books

Bruce Winter is the director of the Institute of Early Christianity in the Graeco-Roman World, a fellow of St. Edmund’s College, and a member of the divinity faculty at the University of Cambridge

So what? I don't respect that college.
Not everyone that says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven and you are trusting in people who say the opposite of what the Bible says so their words are sand and God's word is the rock.

"I don't respect that college." (In reference to the University of Cambridge--an institution of learning and research that,arguably, is more prestigious and world-renowned than any college in the US!)
:eek:

That's not true to begin with.

That said, who cares? What if Cambridge was the most prestigious in the whole universe. Does that make them 'infallible'?

Not to us.

The bible says that Jesus only hung around with guys, rode a donkey (reserved for women), wore a dress, and only had one fag hag that he banged once to see if he'd like it (once means he didn't).

What if Cambridge was the most prestigious in the whole universe

Obviously Oxford is the best, Cambridge being a sort of backstairs son of that great university.
Harvard is the son of Cambridge.
According to the bible, no bastard shall enter he assembly of the lord, nor to the tenth generation, none of his descendants shall enter he assembly of the lord.
Cambridge is shagged for entering heaven, as is Harvard, as it's the son of a bastard.

I apologise to all the thick fuckers who are totally unable to understand the above.

1. Is being gay a sin?
No. Sins are acts that separate us from God and keep us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. Being gay is not a sin. Bullying is a sin. Being hateful to other people is a sin. Putting yourself in the place of God to judge others is a sin. Being gay is not.

Every single bigoted Christian in the United States would agree with this assessment.

People get this thing all twisted up. The damnation comes when you engage in rebellion against God and refuse to turn away from sinful acts.

Having a desire to kill someone isn't a sin either. Just like having a desire to engage in homosexual activity isn't a sin. Therefore, being gay is not a sin.

Telling God that you don't care what His rules are is beyond sin. This is open hostility against God. The closeted homosexual isn't in any more danger than a closeted thief.

The thief who proclaims that stealing is an acceptable lifestyle and tries to convince others to engage their urges to steal will be in a heap of trouble.

Sinning and rebellion against God are on two different levels entirely. One can be forgiven. The other cannot. Being a closeted homosexual would be like sinning. Being openly gay and telling people that it is an acceptable lifestyle will cause people to hate you like there is no tomorrow. Forget hell in the afterlife. You will experience hell on earth for your entire life if you become openly gay. Coming out of the closet is sure to bring your life destruction whether God exists or not.

Last edited:
Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.
Yep. Ranks right up there with eating a pork chop or wearing blended fabrics.

Please state your case. I don't recall mixing fabrics to be punishable by death. I also don't recall mixing fabrics being mentioned in the New Testament.

Never mind. Don't make your case. You are dead wrong. Your lack of Biblical knowledge will be too clear. Just ignore this post.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.
I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

God doesn't hate "fags" He hates their sin. God is all loving but He has rules
It seems God built the sin into them. He really must hate fags to create someone who is bound to sin, be constantly filled with guilt, be treated as a pariah and never really be happy. Or, it could be that all that hate, guilt and public stigma are nothing but the societal meddling of ancient hypocrites who also wanted to force their narrow morality on the public.

The jury is still out on whether homosexuals are born homosexual.

I was born a mass murderer. I don't see what difference that makes. It is still disadvantageous for me to act on my impulses.

Forum List

Back