What firearms are protected by the 2nd Amendment

See OP

• Total voters
Most arms owned today were massed produced by private companies and chosen to sell to the consumer. The producer of these arms have specific rights to produce, or not to produce, the arm. Then, the producer have specific rights to sell, or not to sell the firearm. The A bomb along with nuclear technology was developed by the government, NOT private companies. The decision to allow or not allow individuals to own them is completley the right of the inventor and producer of said technology....
So if i create a dirty bomb in my garage...?

Most arms owned today were massed produced by private companies and chosen to sell to the consumer. The producer of these arms have specific rights to produce, or not to produce, the arm. Then, the producer have specific rights to sell, or not to sell the firearm. The A bomb along with nuclear technology was developed by the government, NOT private companies. The decision to allow or not allow individuals to own them is completley the right of the inventor and producer of said technology....

Then it's illegal. The 2nd gives you the right to BEAR arms. You'd have to have a license from the government to create and produce a bomb or any other weapon... Just like any store that sells a gun has to have a federal firearms licesnse number. And so goes the saying, "Do you have a permit for that?"

http://johnjacobh.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/atf-changes-definition-of-manufacturer/

Last edited:
Given the purpose of the 2nd Amendment – to ensure that the people would always have access to an effective means of exercising their right to self defense, individually and/or collectively - what kinds of firearms does the 2nd Amendment protect?

Handguns: Revolvers, single shot
Handguns: Magazine-fed semi-autos
Shotguns: Pump/lever/bolt action, single shot, double barreled
Shotguns: Semi-auto
Rifles..: Bolt/lever/slide action, single shot
Rifles..: Magazine-fed semi-auto, ‘assault weapons’
Rifles..: Automatic rifles, assault rifles, battle rifles
Rifles..: Magazine/belt fed machineguns
All of the above
None of the above

Please be sure to explain your response.

Anything approved for military use. Because the people of this country are the Militia
Not most women

Then it's illegal. The 2nd gives you the right to BEAR arms.
And to keep them.

If I design.make it, then I get to decide who can have it- that's what you just said.
You'd have to have a license from the government to create and produce a bomb or any other weapon
Where is that in the constitution?

What if they simply refuse to give anyone a license?

Given the purpose of the 2nd Amendment – to ensure that the people would always have access to an effective means of exercising their right to self defense, individually and/or collectively - what kinds of firearms does the 2nd Amendment protect?

Handguns: Revolvers, single shot
Handguns: Magazine-fed semi-autos
Shotguns: Pump/lever/bolt action, single shot, double barreled
Shotguns: Semi-auto
Rifles..: Bolt/lever/slide action, single shot
Rifles..: Magazine-fed semi-auto, ‘assault weapons’
Rifles..: Automatic rifles, assault rifles, battle rifles
Rifles..: Magazine/belt fed machineguns
All of the above
None of the above

Please be sure to explain your response.

Anything approved for military use. Because the people of this country are the Militia
Not most women

deflection, get a grip. The women are covered by the second amendment.

Then it's illegal. The 2nd gives you the right to BEAR arms.
And to keep them.

If I design.make it, then I get to decide who can have it- that's what you just said.
You'd have to have a license from the government to create and produce a bomb or any other weapon
Where is that in the constitution?

What if they simply refuse to give anyone a license?

Do you not read? You have to have a license to make it. You can't legally decide who gets what you produced if you weren't licensed to do so. You can design something all you want, but you can't legally produce it and sell it without a license from the government. People who work on and modify firearms have to be licensed to do so. Stores that sell firearms have to be licensed to do so. I posted a link citing ATF's regulations on such activity.

The government CAN'T refuse to give companies a license because it INFRINGES upon the civilian population's ability to BEAR ARMS. They CAN choose to not sell the weapons they've designed and have been funded by the government.

The government CAN'T refuse to give companies a license because it INFRINGES upon the civilian population's ability to BEAR ARMS.

So anyone and everyone can get a license?

Not the case.

You people sure dance a lot when this subject comes up.
People who work on and modify firearms have to be licensed to do so.

Where's that in the constitution?

Women have the right to keep and bear arms. stop being a sextist.

What the founders meant to say was weapons as modern as the times. But what the hell they never thought we would have computer so should we go back to writing on parchment and with quail and do away with the cell phones and computers and TV’s. No more texting or email. no more message boards to voice our first amendment rights.

Thats right every law or act created without the use of parchment and quail should be over turned because the founders did not envision the first amendment would be so missed used because we used pens now.

Americas rights advances with the times. The internet is protected by the first amendment. but the founders did not invision the use of a computer when we want to use our first amendment rights.

The government CAN'T refuse to give companies a license because it INFRINGES upon the civilian population's ability to BEAR ARMS.

Not the case.

IF you design a product and want to sell that product, and this particular product is weapon, you CAN go through the system and get a license to produce and sell it. How do you think the gun manufacturers do it now. Do you think they've always been big corporate gun manufacturers? No, they had to start somewhere.

National Firearms Act- :anj_stfu:

ATF Online - Firearms - National Firearms Act (NFA)
The National Firearms Act
National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1)what the fuck is a sextist?

2) you said the people have a right to bear arms because the people of this country are the militia

women are not the militia unless they are members of the national guard
What the founders meant to say was weapons as modern as the times

So Laughner should have had a davey crocket? McVeigh should have had a nuke?
Americas rights advances with the times.

'America' has no rights. Only people- individuals- have rights.

If you're going to parrot Liberal rhetoric, try to learn it.

Not the case.

IF you design a product and want to sell that product, and this particular product is weapon, you CAN go through the system and get a license to produce and sell it. How do you think the gun manufacturers do it now. Do you think they've always been big corporate gun manufacturers? No, they had to start somewhere.

Where is any of that in your beloved constitution?

Not the case.

Where is any of that in your beloved constitution?

Boy you're thick. The government can regulate ammunition the same way that they can regulate HOW people obtain firearms through manufactures. The U.S. government has the power to TAX (GRANTED IN THE CONSTITUTION), therefore they are able to TAX the firearms manufacturers in the form of requiring them to have a license, it's perfectly within the lines of their Constitutional powers. (Personally don't agree with this concept, but it is what it is.) You're wrong and you know it...just admit it....come on....come on...

The government can regulate ammunition the same way that they can regulate HOW people obtain firearms through manufactures

According to rgs and lgs, that's a violation of the 2nd. Have you not been reading this thread?
The U.S. government has the power to TAX (GRANTED IN THE CONSTITUTION), therefore they are able to TAX the firearms manufacturers in the form of requiring them to have a license

So I can make anything effectively illegal by taxing it so nobody can afford it- or by making it impossible to get a license to print a book?

Well...

I support gun ownership by everyone, period. I think we all should own one, in order to ensure our constitutional right, for home protection, for hunting, etc, etc.

However...

In response to this particular question, the only weapons the founding fathers had were muskets and early rifles. So, I imagine that as far as intent goes, the 2nd amendment couldn't possibly have been specifically intended to cover any of those.

Certainly I don't think they intended individual citizens to be stocking up on artillery, which I guess would be the closest Revolutionary war equivalent to an automatic weapon.

So I guess it's all about how you look at it.

1)what the fuck is a sextist?

2) you said the people have a right to bear arms because the people of this country are the militia

women are not the militia unless they are members of the national guard
What the founders meant to say was weapons as modern as the times

So Laughner should have had a davey crocket? McVeigh should have had a nuke?
Americas rights advances with the times.

'America' has no rights. Only people- individuals- have rights.

If you're going to parrot Liberal rhetoric, try to learn it.

'America' has no rights. Only people- individuals- have rights. So Laughner should have had a davey crocket? McVeigh should have had a nuke
America is the American people.

With rights also comes respondsibility. people have lost all sense as being accountable for their own actions. Should we do away with all laws an acts because they were written in pen or passed on by means of the internet? Surely you're not going to suggest the founders knew we would be using pens and the internet for our first amendment rights?

Well...

I support gun ownership by everyone, period. I think we all should own one, in order to ensure our constitutional right, for home protection, for hunting, etc, etc.

However...

In response to this particular question, the only weapons the founding fathers had were muskets and early rifles. So, I imagine that as far as intent goes, the 2nd amendment couldn't possibly have been specifically intended to cover any of those.

Certainly I don't think they intended individual citizens to be stocking up on artillery, which I guess would be the closest Revolutionary war equivalent to an automatic weapon.

So I guess it's all about how you look at it.
What about the ink pen or the internet? Did the founders think we would be using email and ink pens to exercise our first amendment rights. Or should we still be using parchment and with quail? Should we appeal all laws that weren't written on parchment and with quail?

Forum List

Back