What has the Devil done that is really that bad?

I like toying with the idea that Lucifer is actually the good guy, and that humanity has been tricked into following and worshiping evil. It seems like something evil would do. You know, tricking stupid people into believing it is good. God seems to be a tantrum throwing narcissist, while Lucifer just wanted to give knowledge and freedom to humanity.

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.” -Verbal Kint
The greatest trick religion did was convince the world god is real.
That be silly and debunked, it's been scientifically proven of course that people are born theists, and merely have to be indoctrinated into being atheists.

This be because atheism be lower stage of human development than theism, much as being a dog is lower in theory of evolution than being human - so obviously a sane person could not be an atheist unless they were afflicted with some type of mental, or moral disease.

Most likely is also reason that we see atheists such as Sade who support evils such as pedophilia, rape, and bestiality - since atheism obviously just another symptom of mental and moral disease to begin with.
Most pedophiles and rapists are priests and Muslim men
With logic like that is it any surprise that you are miserable?

The construct of human intelligence leads us to certain questions and conclusions which, upon examination, do not hold up. "Evil", "good" and other binary thinking does not bring us to fuller realizations about existence.

The construct of human intelligence leads us to certain questions and conclusions which, upon examination, do not hold up. "Evil", "good" and other binary thinking does not bring us to fuller realizations about existence.
Why not?

I like toying with the idea that Lucifer is actually the good guy, and that humanity has been tricked into following and worshiping evil. It seems like something evil would do. You know, tricking stupid people into believing it is good. God seems to be a tantrum throwing narcissist, while Lucifer just wanted to give knowledge and freedom to humanity.

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.” -Verbal Kint
That be silly and debunked, it's been scientifically proven of course that people are born theists, and merely have to be indoctrinated into being atheists.

This be because atheism be lower stage of human development than theism, much as being a dog is lower in theory of evolution than being human - so obviously a sane person could not be an atheist unless they were afflicted with some type of mental, or moral disease.

Most likely is also reason that we see atheists such as Sade who support evils such as pedophilia, rape, and bestiality - since atheism obviously just another symptom of mental and moral disease to begin with.
I’m not one bit miserable. Are you? Misery loves company. Sorry I can’t help

I’m not one bit miserable. .....

tumblr-val-kilmer-roll-eyes.gif

I’m not one bit miserable. .....

tumblr-val-kilmer-roll-eyes.gif
If you can’t explain how humans evolved and some of those monkey humans learned a completely different language than other humans, I understand. I said this history of man fascinated me too. We aren’t very clear on how one species of human learned Chinese and many others learned a more western language. When did this happen exactly?

You’re an educator, educate me

You wouldn’t be doing what you are doing if you weren’t. At least that is my opinion. In fact I believe you are doing it because misery loves company.

You are intentionally posting material that is expressly designed to inflame others for no other reason than to please you. If that is what is required to make you happy than you are miserable. Ergo your attempt to make other people miserable proves misery loves company.

You wouldn’t be doing what you are doing if you weren’t. At least that is my opinion. In fact I believe you are doing it because misery loves company.

You are intentionally posting material that is expressly designed to inflame others for no other reason than to please you. If that is what is required to make you happy than you are miserable. Ergo your attempt to make other people miserable proves misery loves company.
No. I strongly believe superstition is ignorant and that’s why the human race is where it is. Stupid republicans, lazy welfare moms, poverty, wars, ....as long as we swallow superstitions we’re probably very easily controlled and manipulated.

This is the only place I come to talk about this stuff. Many theists who can’t take it and take it personally, or make it personal like you’re trying to do, shouldn’t come here.

This is another tactic of theists. Guilt the people who point out the scam. Suggest we are unhappy. No my friend, it’s you who’s seeking happiness. I’ve found it

No. I strongly believe superstition is ignorant and that’s why the human race is where it is. Stupid republicans, lazy welfare moms, poverty, wars, ....as long as we swallow superstitions we’re probably very easily controlled and manipulated.

This is the only place I come to talk about this stuff. Many theists who can’t take it and take it personally, or make it personal like you’re trying to do, shouldn’t come here.

This is another tactic of theists. Guilt the people who point out the scam. Suggest we are unhappy. No my friend, it’s you who’s seeking happiness. I’ve found it
Good thing my beliefs aren't superstition. This is really pretty simple. Don't believe. Problem solved. But that's not really what you are after. You absolutely do intend to make it personal. You're an atheist evangelist. You're seeking converts.

Why not?
Because the world is a complex place, with no simple solutions to equally complex problems.

What might be perceived as ‘evil’ to some may not be ‘evil’ to others.

And binary thinking, along with false dilemma fallacies such as ‘good’ and ‘evil,’ are the foundations upon which religious authoritarianism and arrogance are constructed; oppressive religious regimes of doctrine and dogma which seek to silence dissent and compel conformity.

Why not?
Because the world is a complex place, with no simple solutions to equally complex problems.

And binary thinking, along with false dilemma fallacies such as ‘good’ and ‘evil,’ are the foundations upon which religious authoritarianism and arrogance are constructed; oppressive religious regimes of doctrine and dogma which seek to silence dissent and compel conformity.
No. People will rationalize that they did not do evil until the exact same thing is done to them.

Why not?
Because existence is not a 'this' and 'not this' proposition; it is 'all this'. For those who follow the metaphor of monotheism, 'God' is considered 'One', yet the religion confuses and confounds with so many parts, breaking the 'One' into many idols. This is not only neurosis inducing, it is blasphemy (in the context of the belief system).

Why not?
Because existence is not a 'this' and 'not this' proposition; it is 'all this'. For those who follow the metaphor of monotheism, 'God' is considered 'One', yet the religion confuses and confounds with so many parts, breaking the 'One' into many idols. This is not only neurosis inducing, it is blasphemy (in the context of the belief system).
It seems to me that you are the one employing binary thinking. "monotheists" don't understand the Trinity. We only know it is a mystery that we cannot fully understand, but what we do understand about it is that it is a relationship to be entered into. And doing so absolutely gives us a fuller understanding of existence because we are literally engaging in a relationship with existence itself.

As for "your" construct that good and evil are binary. Evil is not extant, so good and evil are not binary. And yes, we can gain a fuller understanding of existence by studying good and the absence of good.

Why not?

No. People will rationalize that they did not do evil until the exact same thing is done to them.
It says in the bible "an eye for an eye". God's law.

Why not?

Two different topics, Taz.

Why does the existence of a moral law make you uncomfortable?

Why not?

It doesn't, because there isn't a universal law of morals.

It’s like you instinctively know that proves God exists. Amazing.

I'll prove to you that there are no moral standards: god makes deformed and retarded babies. By any moral standard, that is obscene for anyone to make those on purpose.

I'll prove to you that there are no moral standards: god makes deformed and retarded babies. By any moral standard, that is obscene for anyone to make those on purpose.
The moral law makes you so nervous you create all kinds of reasons to pretend it doesn’t exist.

Forum List

Back