What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that relate to forceably removing children from their mothers while awaiting a hearing? I notice she has her children with her and she said nothing about that policy, only that she can’t blame Trump for enforcing the immigration laws that deported her husband. She says nothing about kids.
It highlights the problems democrats create when they make stupid decisions.

I know you’re an honest person who’ll eventually appreciate President Trump for addressing the problems democrats created. You and I both hate the trail of death and pain they’ve paved.
It’s why I’m glad we finally have a president willing to fix this problem.

We dealt with immigrants Obama's way for eight years, and the results were less than satisfying. Trump hasn't been in office for two years, and they are complaining left and right.

Let us do it our way for four years (possibly eight) and see the end results. Let's compare who has the best way to deal with the problems that come to our borders.

It has noting to do with the children, what it has to do with is they know our policies will provide results. That's what scares the hell out of them.
What is less than satisfying for the right about a president who decreased illegal immigration and increased deportations? If he were an R you’d be jubilant. Trump has made immigration his trademark. Demonize, deport, and tear away their children. Surely immigration inforcement can be carried out withou the first and the third.
How? You deport the people and their kids. Period. There’s no room for your feelings here.

No one has a problem with that. Just keep families intact.

How to keep families intact------------------------stay in your own country, do not try to enter this one illegally, if you come legally we welcome you and your kids--------------------------------LEGALLY, THATS THE KEY WORD HERE.

Human rights abuses are not a tool used by America.

No, but by using these children as tools, you have already violated their human rights.

Thanks for playing.

The Trump admin is the only one using children as tools, dope. That's the point.
They're using the threat of seperation as a deterrent.

Seems like a logical deterrent, so unless the parent is so negligent as to knowingly bring a child across the border when they know they will be separated, then it is that parents choice to do so. That is exactly what a deterrent is.

Seems more like unnecessary human rights violations.

No, but by using these children as tools, you have already violated their human rights.

Thanks for playing.

The Trump admin is the only one using children as tools, dope. That's the point.

Seems like a logical deterrent, so unless the parent is so negligent as to knowingly bring a child across the border when they know they will be separated, then it is that parents choice to do so. That is exactly what a deterrent is.

So whats your solution?

What does that have to do with keeping mothers and children together until their hearing?

Because they are illegal aliens and should be deported immediately. You're just trying to fudge your way into keeping criminals in the US
Nope. I want families kept together unless there is a darn good reason to remove the child.

Agreed. Their parents being illegal aliens is a damned good reason, isn't it?

A person showing up at a border crossing and seeking assylum is not an illegal alien.
Illegals are being coached on how to ask for asylum at the border.
It's often the only engish they know.
Hilarious to see 'young men' with MS13 tats all over their bodies pleading to be let into the US! And it's happenijg every day."I used to be in MS13 but now I want to attend MIT on a full scholarship".

Liar.

Seeking asylum is a legal process. The admin is charging applicants as illegal crossers and separating families as a deterrent to future applicants. That is a policy move and not the law.

Thanks for playing.

Sorry you feel that way.

And if you do, then is it also a human rights violation when the couple that forces their child to shoplift gets separated from them as well? Or the couple that dispatches their child to get illegal drugs from the pusher down the street get separated?

Why is one illegal activity to be treated different from another?

Because they are illegal aliens and should be deported immediately. You're just trying to fudge your way into keeping criminals in the US
Nope. I want families kept together unless there is a darn good reason to remove the child.

A person showing up at a border crossing and seeking assylum is not an illegal alien.
Hilarious to see 'young men' with MS13 tats all over their bodies pleading to be let into the US! And it's happenijg every day."I used to be in MS13 but now I want to attend MIT on a full scholarship".

Liar.

Seeking asylum is a legal process. The admin is charging applicants as illegal crossers and separating families as a deterrent to future applicants. That is a policy move and not the law.

Asylum seekers....the new illegal immigrant.

Coyote

You thanked post #523, where the author said and I quote "Trump's policies are dragging us down with the two bit dictators".

Do you think Trump is a "two bit dictator"? Simply for wanting our national sovereignty to be respected?
I think policies like this one are dragging us down to that level. You do not need a policy like this in order to successfully maintain law and order at the border.

Families can be and have been detained together. This move is meant to inflict the maximum pain as a deterrant. It is using human rights violations as a tool. The tools of dictators.

Forcing a child to break the law will typically result in separation of the parent from the child. It deters those that would force a child into criminal activities.

There is nothing new here.
It's all new.
Those seeking asylum are not breaking the law. It is a legal process.

What would you do as a parent in that situation TK?

I would obey the friggun law, Coyote. I'd much rather maintain my relationship with my child than to use them as a tool to leverage another government for my illegal presence within their borders. I will have none of it. Children are not tools, they are children. Innocent children who essentially have no control over their situations. Ultimately the onus lies on the parents, they set such a vicious cycle in motion.

Not even in a moment of sheer desperation would I ever dare to subject my child to that. I would have to have gone completely insane to do something so barbarous.
What if your daughter was raped by a gang and your other daughter threatened with the same if you did not pay up? What if the police were bankrolled by that gang? Not fictional, these are the sorts of things recounted. What would you do?

I would get my kids the hell out of Dodge any way I can.
An additional response to this post would be:

Seek asylum, don't break our laws.

Don't use asylum as a means to circumvent our immigration laws. If your situation is that severe, our government has a means for you to get here and be safe from your malefactors. Asylum. A-s-y-l-u-m.

Seek asylum, don't break our laws.

ACLU: Trump administration forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their children

AWESOME!
Hutch Starskey please forward this letter to the White House. Thanks in advance.

Dear U.S. Government,
Please separate every child from every illegal, criminal wetback parent you capture. It’s time we get and stay extremely aggressive in the WAR with the illegal cockroaches from the dirty brown south. Don’t worry about how ignorant, bleeding heart fools may perceive this action, they hate accountability and law and order. They can not understand basic principles such as cause and effect....ALL good Americans that matter fully support this effort.

Signed,
All good, real Americans

Asylum seekers aren't illegals, dope.

Coyote

You thanked post #523, where the author said and I quote "Trump's policies are dragging us down with the two bit dictators".

Do you think Trump is a "two bit dictator"? Simply for wanting our national sovereignty to be respected?
I think policies like this one are dragging us down to that level. You do not need a policy like this in order to successfully maintain law and order at the border.

Families can be and have been detained together. This move is meant to inflict the maximum pain as a deterrant. It is using human rights violations as a tool. The tools of dictators.

Forcing a child to break the law will typically result in separation of the parent from the child. It deters those that would force a child into criminal activities.

It's all new.
Those seeking asylum are not breaking the law. It is a legal process.

The problem is, that everyone can make that claim.

The application for asylum is fraudulent. These countries are not persecuting anyone. It's gangs. They are fleeing retaliation for the attacks they made on rival gangs.

Liar.

You got a link to the LAW, to show that ? And a source for the claim of charging asylum applicants as illegal crossers ?

And do you think anyone who claims to be seeking asylum really is ? Ever occur to you that maybe they're lying ? It's not unusual for criminals to say what they think will keep them from being arrested.

I wonder if the US should really be granting asylum anyway, even if it's legit. Everything in life has a limitation - including a nation's population capacity. Do we really want to be the homeless shelter for the world ?

No one is going to jail for crossing the border unless they are a convicted felon. There is no reason for separating children from their parents. You cannot compare major felonies with crossing the border illegally.

Birthright citizenship is not false. A plain reading of the Amendment does support what the courts have said. If he didn't like it then he should have written it better.
Crossing the border EWI is a crime. It carries a 6 month federal prison penalty (1st offense) and 2 year prison penalties for subsequent offenses.

Birthright citizenship for kids of foreigners is false. The 14th amendment's intention is to give BC to kids of Americans, but not to foreigners.

No one is going to jail. If you think we we going to waste money on non-violent offenses like this then you are crazy. Let's jail people for jaywalking.

The problem is, that everyone can make that claim.

upload_2018-5-31_9-26-50.jpeg

Liar.

I wonder what congress thinks of this policy.

Rep. Mark Meadows: Separation of families at border a "horrible law," should be changed - CBS News

"Here's one of the interesting things, as we've been in these negotiations on trying to fix the immigration problem. This came out just the other day, and I said, 'I can't imagine that it's the law that you have to separate these individuals,'" Meadows told "Face the Nation" on Sunday. Meadows is chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and one of Mr. Trump's most influential allies on Capitol Hill.
He added, "Now, obviously human trafficking is a big deal. You know, how do you know that they're really the parents in a family unit? So we would have to address that, but I think conservatives and moderates, Democrats and Republicans all agree that keeping a family together is the best strategy, and it's something we need to address and will address."

Can you understand why President Trump is working hard to fix this problem, Coyote?
No Tycho our reverent President is to busy tweeting. In fact, it’s been so noisy I suspect there are birds nesting in his toupe.
Is it safe for me to assume that you’re good with democrats allowing people to be lured into unspeakable circumstances?
She will tolerate anything in the name of tolerance...
Except protection of children. She won't tolerate that.

I think you are a robot. You can only say what you are told.

I think you are a robot. You can only say what you are told.
I get the same impression reading your posts

Thanks for playing.

So whats your solution?

Eliminate the horrible policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back