What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think asylum seekers have a right to a hearing no matter what. Most end up deported but it is their legal right. As an American I would feel horrible sending some on back to a horrendous situation without even a hearing.

My guess is about 1-5% are actually eligible.

You got me on a bad week on this topic. We had a run in with a group of them over the weekend harassing our daughters. No reason for what was said and happened. None and if you're here illegally you'd be wise to learn some manners.

Did you call the cops because they were grilling in the park? :21:

No shit stain they harrased our 14 year old daughters and they're damn lucky the police were on top of it. Damn lucky.

Now go troll somewhere else, toad

They?

General dirty Messicans?

Detained for no ID...think hard now
You didn't answer. Who is they?

A simple fix is when caught turn them back.

I'm sorry but I've had it up to my eye balls with illegals. The cost is staggering and Americans should come first.

I think asylum seekers have a right to a hearing no matter what. Most end up deported but it is their legal right. As an American I would feel horrible sending some on back to a horrendous situation without even a hearing.

How the hell are we supposed to know if they're telling the truth?
You just magically believe whatever they say
-------------------------------------- thats what i say , they base their actions , thinking and policy on emotion and thats not smart , its emotional .

Hating immigrants is nothing but emotion, retard.

And saying "but this is for the children!" isn't?

No one has said " this is for the children".

The question is the seperation of children from their families and how this administration is not handling it well.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
Well, there are no easy answers to this problem or question.

My own long term solution is to make Mexico a better place for the Mexicans.

Short of this you will need a Great Wall.

And short of a Great Wall you would need to invade Mexico and Americanize it.

Do you mean the photos currently being circulated again of huge numbers of children in crowded conditions? 2014 saw a flood of unaccompanied minors Surge in unaccompanied child immigrants spurs White House reaction

The children traveled unaccompanied by parents.

Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.

Did it occur to you that they might not be Mexican, either?
Don’t care. They crossed from Mexico so they go back there. Our job is done. What Mexican chooses to do with them is their choice.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

What made you think that having a baby was a golden ticket to US citizenship again?
What does that have to do with keeping mothers and children together until their hearing?

Because they are illegal aliens and should be deported immediately. You're just trying to fudge your way into keeping criminals in the US
Nope. I want families kept together unless there is a darn good reason to remove the child.

Agreed. Their parents being illegal aliens is a damned good reason, isn't it?

A person showing up at a border crossing and seeking assylum is not an illegal alien.

Trump's policies are dragging us down with the two bit dictators.

No, they aren't. A complete refusal to enforce the laws we have on the books are.

(Hey, is the rabbit hole you're in big enough for the two of us? I'm thinking not.)

There is no law that requires seperation. That is completely within the discretion of the courts. It's only the policy that makes it mandatory.

Human rights abuses are not a tool used by America.

No, but by using these children as tools, you have already violated their human rights.

Thanks for playing.

The Trump admin is the only one using children as tools, dope. That's the point.
They're using the threat of seperation as a deterrent.

Seems like a logical deterrent, so unless the parent is so negligent as to knowingly bring a child across the border when they know they will be separated, then it is that parents choice to do so. That is exactly what a deterrent is.

This OP appears to try to shift the recent scam on how they showed caged immigrants on to Trump when the article was in 2014 under Obama.

Now it's ....................Your mean people..........and look at the Children Identity politics...............

We don't have the responsibility to take on all the worlds problems...........It's a numbers game and we simply cannot take in all those South of the border........It cost a lot of money after they get here and is causing financial problems in this country.

The governments South of the border are corrupt...........some owned by the drug cartels.......and have caused the problems that make people flee.....That is the problem and not the United States.
No, that scam is a different issue. No one was actually caged, it was from the flood of unaccompanied minors and it was under Obama. Kids weren’t being separated from parents, they came without any parents so there is a good bit of scamming both ways there.

This is about Session’s announced policy of 100% removing children from parents caught entering the country illegally.
Kids being separated from their families is what Trump is trying to prevent.
Democrats are trying to keep it going.

Completely false. The problem, per usual, is a total lack of understanding of the issue and the acceptance of the narrative without question. There is no law that requires seperation. That is soley a policy requirement.

yep . it is a logical deterrent . Its older style American policy that is simply normal for older Americans that want to enforce their WILL on invaders .

What made you think that having a baby was a golden ticket to US citizenship again?
What does that have to do with keeping mothers and children together until their hearing?

Because they are illegal aliens and should be deported immediately. You're just trying to fudge your way into keeping criminals in the US
Nope. I want families kept together unless there is a darn good reason to remove the child.

Agreed. Their parents being illegal aliens is a damned good reason, isn't it?

A person showing up at a border crossing and seeking assylum is not an illegal alien.
Illegals are being coached on how to ask for asylum at the border.
It's often the only engish they know.
Hilarious to see 'young men' with MS13 tats all over their bodies pleading to be let into the US! And it's happenijg every day."I used to be in MS13 but now I want to attend MIT on a full scholarship".

Ok....I think in this case you way wrong....because a child isn’t a thing or property. It is a person with rights as well. That is why we don’t punish children for what their parents did. Though we used to.

The one thing you're failing to realize is that I'm not wanting the child to be punished. I want the child to be treated like a human being. Apparently the parents seem to think they are "things" or "property" because they have to smuggle them. Yes. What do you do with drugs if your in a drug cartel? You smuggle them. What do you do if you're a thief with stolen property and need to get your filched goods from one place to another, you smuggle them.

You're right, they aren't things or property, but their parents are using them as leverage over another sovereign government in order to get here themselves. That, Coyote, is not acceptable.
What would you do as a parent in that situation TK?

I would obey the friggun law, Coyote. I'd much rather maintain my relationship with my child than to use them as a tool to leverage another government for my illegal presence within their borders. I will have none of it. Children are not tools, they are children. Innocent children who essentially have no control over their situations. Ultimately the onus lies on the parents, they set such a vicious cycle in motion.

Not even in a moment of sheer desperation would I ever dare to subject my child to that. I would have to have gone completely insane to do something so barbarous.
What if your daughter was raped by a gang and your other daughter threatened with the same if you did not pay up? What if the police were bankrolled by that gang? Not fictional, these are the sorts of things recounted. What would you do?

I would get my kids the hell out of Dodge any way I can.
An additional response to this post would be:

Seek asylum, don't break our laws.

Don't use asylum as a means to circumvent our immigration laws. If your situation is that severe, our government has a means for you to get here and be safe from your malefactors. Asylum. A-s-y-l-u-m.

ACLU: Trump administration forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their children

Coyote

You thanked post #523, where the author said and I quote "Trump's policies are dragging us down with the two bit dictators".

Do you think Trump is a "two bit dictator"? Simply for wanting our national sovereignty to be respected?
I think policies like this one are dragging us down to that level. You do not need a policy like this in order to successfully maintain law and order at the border.

Families can be and have been detained together. This move is meant to inflict the maximum pain as a deterrant. It is using human rights violations as a tool. The tools of dictators.

yep . it is a logical deterrent . Its older style American policy that is simply normal for older Americans that want to enforce their WILL on invaders .

Forcing a child to break the law will typically result in separation of the parent from the child. It deters those that would force a child into criminal activities.

There is nothing new here.

Coyote

You thanked post #523, where the author said and I quote "Trump's policies are dragging us down with the two bit dictators".

Do you think Trump is a "two bit dictator"? Simply for wanting our national sovereignty to be respected?
I think policies like this one are dragging us down to that level. You do not need a policy like this in order to successfully maintain law and order at the border.

Families can be and have been detained together. This move is meant to inflict the maximum pain as a deterrant. It is using human rights violations as a tool. The tools of dictators.

Forcing a child to break the law will typically result in separation of the parent from the child. It deters those that would force a child into criminal activities.

There is nothing new here.

What are your thoughts on the vid I posted, Coyote?

Here it is again in case you missed it.....

How does that relate to forceably removing children from their mothers while awaiting a hearing? I notice she has her children with her and she said nothing about that policy, only that she can’t blame Trump for enforcing the immigration laws that deported her husband. She says nothing about kids.

It highlights the problems democrats create when they make stupid decisions.

I know you’re an honest person who’ll eventually appreciate President Trump for addressing the problems democrats created. You and I both hate the trail of death and pain they’ve paved.
It’s why I’m glad we finally have a president willing to fix this problem.

We dealt with immigrants Obama's way for eight years, and the results were less than satisfying. Trump hasn't been in office for two years, and they are complaining left and right.

Let us do it our way for four years (possibly eight) and see the end results. Let's compare who has the best way to deal with the problems that come to our borders.

It has noting to do with the children, what it has to do with is they know our policies will provide results. That's what scares the hell out of them.

What is less than satisfying for the right about a president who decreased illegal immigration and increased deportations? If he were an R you’d be jubilant. Trump has made immigration his trademark. Demonize, deport, and tear away their children. Surely immigration inforcement can be carried out withou the first and the third.

How? You deport the people and their kids. Period. There’s no room for your feelings here.

No one has a problem with that. Just keep families intact.

The one thing you're failing to realize is that I'm not wanting the child to be punished. I want the child to be treated like a human being. Apparently the parents seem to think they are "things" or "property" because they have to smuggle them. Yes. What do you do with drugs if your in a drug cartel? You smuggle them. What do you do if you're a thief with stolen property and need to get your filched goods from one place to another, you smuggle them.

You're right, they aren't things or property, but their parents are using them as leverage over another sovereign government in order to get here themselves. That, Coyote, is not acceptable.
What would you do as a parent in that situation TK?

I would obey the friggun law, Coyote. I'd much rather maintain my relationship with my child than to use them as a tool to leverage another government for my illegal presence within their borders. I will have none of it. Children are not tools, they are children. Innocent children who essentially have no control over their situations. Ultimately the onus lies on the parents, they set such a vicious cycle in motion.

Not even in a moment of sheer desperation would I ever dare to subject my child to that. I would have to have gone completely insane to do something so barbarous.
What if your daughter was raped by a gang and your other daughter threatened with the same if you did not pay up? What if the police were bankrolled by that gang? Not fictional, these are the sorts of things recounted. What would you do?

I would get my kids the hell out of Dodge any way I can.
An additional response to this post would be:

Don't use asylum as a means to circumvent our immigration laws. If your situation is that severe, our government has a means for you to get here and be safe from your malefactors. Asylum. A-s-y-l-u-m.

ACLU: Trump administration forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their children

AWESOME!
Hutch Starskey please forward this letter to the White House. Thanks in advance.

Dear U.S. Government,
Please separate every child from every illegal, criminal wetback parent you capture. It’s time we get and stay extremely aggressive in the WAR with the illegal cockroaches from the dirty brown south. Don’t worry about how ignorant, bleeding heart fools may perceive this action, they hate accountability and law and order. They can not understand basic principles such as cause and effect....ALL good Americans that matter fully support this effort.

Signed,
All good, real Americans

"...those children had arrived alone at the Southwest border — without their parents. Most of them are from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and were fleeing drug cartels, gang violence and domestic abuse, according to government data." And a lot of them are gang members themselves.

"...the department’s office of refugee resettlement began voluntarily making the calls as a 30-day follow-up to make sure that the children and their sponsors did not require additional services. Those calls, which the office does not view as required, Mr. Hargan said, are now “being used to confuse and spread misinformation.”

In many cases, the statement said, sponsors cannot be reached because “they themselves are illegal aliens and do not want to be reached by federal authorities.”
Did the Trump Administration Separate Immigrant Children From Parents and Lose Them?

The left has trafficked gang members and criminals into the US, and now that they've *disappeared* they want to blame Trump?

Fucking ludicrous.

What happens is people show up with kids that aren't theirs, or that they're using as mules, and we remove the kids for their own safety.

Of course the left doesn't like that. Children are disposable, and are supposed to be used by adults to get over the border. The left embraces trafficking, and is going to squawk when you protect children. They always have.

“As required by law, D.H.S. must protect the best interests of minor children crossing our borders, and occasionally this results in separating children from an adult they are traveling with if we cannot ascertain the parental relationship, or if we think the child is otherwise in danger,”

Hundreds of Immigrant Children Have Been Taken From Parents at U.S. Border

That is so much bullshit and trash like you know it. The Trump people are separating children from their parents. They know it is wrong because they are blaming democrats for it. This is happening more than occasionally.

Got anymore BULLSHIT.

So where were you when barry was doing the exact same thing?
Not a fuken peep out of you.

Trump is the one separating children from their parents not Obama. You are a fucken liar.

‘Caged migrant children’ go viral… until picture turns out taken under Obama, not Trump

Sessions: Parents, children entering U.S. illegally will be separated

Didn't care when barry was doing it,dont care now.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."....
If your parents Rob a bank, you're also going to be separated.
Let's blame it on the 'inhumane' cops.

I'm tired of this nonsense.
People getting across the border, dropping a baby within months, and then whining about 'separation.'
Just because you (didn't get caught) and then dropped a kid here, you should NOT be immune from expulsion.
The gamble/risk/responsibility was/is all on the illegal parents

People even sending in Children first, and then doing the same.
And many variants. (aka DACA)
`

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back