What I love about the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob

Heavens to betsy Jen. Don't you have the King James handy? I mean, Genesis is the first book. It wouldn't take you long to scan for the information, if it was there.

LOLOLOLOL I sure hope you posted this long before I looked it all up and posted it AGAIN because I am NOT going to do it a third time!

You looked it up on a website that imperfectly translated scripture. You have fingers, you can type. Look it up in the actual book. It is not there.

Is there a question in all this?

Okay. Are you arguing that the belief expressed by this Qur'anic verse is not Islamic?

So...are we just skipping anything I ask and focusing on something else because...why?

I'm not arguing the Quran. You asked and I answered and darlin, I'm gettin kind of tired of continually having to go back and repost what we've already been over. How many times does this make it? Would you please do your own work next time?
There's clearly been some sort of breakdown in communication here. I'm going to go ahead and not attempt to argue this point any further because we don't seem to be on the same page.

Sorry, I actually love conversations online but I'm just wiped out, long fun day.

No, but keep in mind that all of the fools in our House of Representatives have been deemed worthy of continuous C-SPAN coverage as well. :lol:

:lol:

I'm not familiar enough with Habeck to question her credibility, but she's not correct in her belief that Sirat Rasul Allah is holy. I disagree with her use of it as a source for information about Muhammad's life as well. It's inaccurate and at odds with similar historical accounts from the same time period.
That name doesn't look familiar so I don't know if we're even talking about the same book here.

That's lazy of them.
yeah, and I wish I'd had the information long before I did.

There are critical translations of the Qur'an as well, they simply tend not to be as accurate as some of those written by Muslims. The best translation and commentary, IMO, is easily Maulana Muhammad Ali's. His English language works are superb in general. The work of other translators, like Pickthall and especially Shakir, may seem similar to his work because they relied upon it heavily.
They all say pretty much the same thing

Qutb's, to some extent.

I don't believe any single person has the authority to determine when jihad is and isn't appropriate or necessary. As a group, Muslims today are too ideologically diverse to be governed by any single entity. Only I have the authority to determine whether a situation requires me to exert myself in religious resistance to some internal or external threat. I can attempt to convince others that concentrated resistance in a particular situation is necessary, but participating in resistance, jihad, is ultimately the decision of each individual Muslim.

Certainly, but I'm not sure how appreciating your God requires you to present falsehoods concerning my religion.

How long have you been a Muslim, Kalam?

I wouldn't bother. It isn't reliable.

See above.

The hadith you posted is not from the Qur'an. It's presumably from a hadith collection.

:confused::confused::confused:

This question is non-sequiturial. I have absolutely no idea how you jumped to Ishmael from me asking you to specify which hadith collection your quoted passage came from.

I've said at least three times that ahadith are not holy and that Islam has only one holy book. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

You: "...They are still using this book at my son's school."

Me: "And the students there are required to complete the assignments in the Islam unit?"

As in they're trying to sell their products to Muslims. Muslims are their target demographic.

Nah, I was born here and grew up here.

The answer to both of those questions is no. I was not raised in a religious environment but I was born a Muslim. I studied my religion completely independently, relying on the Qur'an itself to shape my beliefs rather than on the tripe disseminated by many of today's prominent religious figures.

I can understand why many American children would convert, what is presented to them looks like nothing except pretending to be a Muslim soldier (boys seem to like that) and a lot of beautiful caligraphy and architecture. They learn selected verses and there have been a few men like John Walker Lindh who became fascinated with it.
The stereotypes presented and reinforced by the news media probably do a good enough job of diffusing any positive feelings people have about Islam. Plus, only a foolish person would convert to Islam or any religion without first studying it in depth.

Houghton Mifflin has a website. I don't think there is a lot going on right now because President Bush wouldn't dance this dance. But Hillary is on the scene now, Hillary and Obama. Should be interesting.
It sounds like there isn't much of a problem anymore.[/QUOTE]

okay I gotta get some sleep...halfway through this I about nodded. God bless, nice chattin

why do all these "i love some god" threads turn into your god/goddess is wrong threads....seems yall have a hard time loving anyone....other than yourselves

why do all these "i love some god" threads turn into your god/goddess is wrong threads....seems yall have a hard time loving anyone....other than yourselves

Calm down, go suck on a fag.

i quit smoking a year ago...dont push me....i might have to start again...

o they do....they start out with honey and how do they end? and since when do you give a flying flip?

o and i am calm

Calm down, go suck on a fag.

i quit smoking a year ago...dont push me....i might have to start again...

o they do....they start out with honey and how do they end? and since when do you give a flying flip?

o and i am calm

If you want me to fuck you two sides to Sunday and back through Monday, just say so.

o it is going nowhere...got that....you can bank on that...didnt invite the invitation from you and certainly have no interest in a "man" on the net. i hope i only have to make that clear this one time.

o it is going nowhere...got that....you can bank on that...didnt invite the invitation from you and certainly have no interest in a "man" on the net. i hope i only have to make that clear this one time.

No, with JW Frogen, nothing is clear.

Time after time.

I will wear you down like a Mammoth's tusk on a glazer.

PS. Lord I was born a ramblin man, trying to make a living and doing the best I can, so when it is time for leaving I hope you understand, that I was born a rambling man.

Strolling, I am like sunshine on a cloudy day. I know you want to lay in the sun.

I know how to cure skin cancer...
corpse_narrowweb__300x437,0.jpg

No, with JW Frogen, nothing is clear.

Time after time.

I will wear you down like a Mammoth's tusk on a glazer.

PS. Lord I was born a ramblin man, trying to make a living and doing the best I can, so when it is time for leaving I hope you understand, that I was born a rambling man.

Hey Ramblin' man, you're NOT Jack Nicholson...

Well, maybe R.P. McMurphy...

OneFlewMcmurphyChief.jpg

Abe, Isaac and Jacob are filthy jews, they will all burn in hell forever. Allah will make sure of that.

Forum List

Back