What I love about the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob

why do all these "i love some god" threads turn into your god/goddess is wrong threads....seems yall have a hard time loving anyone....other than yourselves

strollingbones I think it's interesting, if you post you love God you get all kinds of people up in arms.

Why is that? Where's the tolerance?

why do all these "i love some god" threads turn into your god/goddess is wrong threads....seems yall have a hard time loving anyone....other than yourselves

strollingbones I think it's interesting, if you post you love God you get all kinds of people up in arms.

Why is that? Where's the tolerance?

The anti-bigot...BIGOTS come out in force, to demonstrate their mandate of not wanting to be judged, BY........JUDGING THE HELL out of others. Can anyone spell....H Y P O C R I S Y ? Thus, you simply overlook the illogical idiots with a wink and nod. Everyone needs a good belly laugh on occasion. As pappy used to say, "I would like to purchase these people for their actual value and resale them for what they declare they are worth." Have you never noticed the secular strongholds and the overwhelmed lack of medical attention...its always in the media? The reason the health care industry is overwhelmed? Its simple.....to many liberals my visit their local ER to have their shoulders re-located....its from the continual attempt to pat themselves on the back.

Last edited:
How is Ishmael not biblical? Sarah ordered a slave (Hagar) to have sex with her husband and produce a child (Ishmael) because she couldn't at the time. (I would call that accessory to rape, but times were different then). Then, when Sarah did conceive, she saw Isaac and Ishmael playing together, and didn't want the bastard boy inheriting her legitimate son's legacy. She insisted they be sent away,into the desert to die, "God" told Abraham to obey his wife, and when Hagar cried in the desert for lack of water and fear that her and her child would die, God sent water and a message that Ishmael would live, and that he too would be a leader of nations. Its all in Genesis 21:8-10, so I'd like to know how you came to believe Ishmael (God Hears) is not part of Abraham, half-brother to Isaac, and ignored by the God of your bible.
and how Abraham pleaded God would recognize Ishmael and God said "no".
JenT, Please show me the verse were God said "no" to recognizing Ishmael?

Thank You

How about:

Genesis 17:17-21
-17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is a hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
-18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
-19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
-20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
-21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

:eek:

and how Abraham pleaded God would recognize Ishmael and God said "no".
JenT, Please show me the verse were God said "no" to recognizing Ishmael?

Thank You

How about:

Genesis 17:17-21
-17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is a hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
-18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
-19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
-20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
-21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

:eek:

LIGHTMAN!!!

hug3.jpg

You're HERE You're HERE!!!

hey! WAIT!!!:wtf:

How do I know it's REALLY you???

LIghtman I'm on about page TEN trying to keep up with this thread. Looks like it's breaking up though with people that don't want to discuss, just try to insult (shrug)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD to SEE you!!!!

I have about HALF the time I used to have though, they won't let me be on the internet when I cover for the receptionist any more, but :lol: people are starting to hang out at my desk and chat and it's disturbing all the cubicles in the front of the building... LOLOLOLOLOL!!! (they might wanna rethink this...)

:lol: :D

Last edited:
thus the very reason TIME TRAVEL exists ONLY between the ears of mankind...

Incorrect. Information has been shown able to travel 'back in time' during recent experiments in particle physics.

the entire ideology is nothing but a scientific paradox. It is physically impossible to exist....before you are created.

Your fallacy here is assuming that something must be created in order to exist. Of course, this makes your god impossible, as it needs a creator that needs a creator who needs a creator in need of a creator who must have been created by something that was created that did not exist prior to being created by a thing that was created...

<snip>

God doesn't need a creator since he has always existed (see Psalm 90:2 and 93:2). Why God would have to be limited by time is completely irrelevant since physics has shown that time is a property that is the result of the existence of matter and God is not matter but a spirit. Time only began when God created it. We as humans on this earth live within a 4 dimentional universe consiting of time and space, yet God is not locked into this box and nor are our spirits. The question is where will your spirit be for the rest of eternity? Heaven or Hell?

I know you are going to tell me that 42 billion years ago NOTHING exploded, it rained and rained on the rocks, the rocks turned to soup, and soup turned into living organisms which turned into monkeys and now here we are!!! That makes a lot of sense don't it?

LIghtman I'm on about page TEN trying to keep up with this thread. Looks like it's breaking up though with people that don't want to discuss, just try to insult (shrug)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD to SEE you!!!!

I have about HALF the time I used to have though, they won't let me be on the internet when I cover for the receptionist any more, but :lol: people are starting to hang out at my desk and chat and it's disturbing all the cubicles in the front of the building... LOLOLOLOLOL!!! (they might wanna rethink this...)

:lol: :D

Goood to see you too!!!:eusa_angel:

God doesn't need a creator since he has always existed

Proof? evidence?

The universe doesn't need a creator because it has always existed.

problem solved.
. Time only began when God created it.

prove creation

then prove a creator

then prove that creator is a spirit

then prove that spirit is a god

then prove that god is your god

The question is where will your spirit be for the rest of eternity? Heaven or Hell?

prove that spirits exist

then prove that people have spirits

then prove that heaven and hell exist

then prove that one's spirit continues after death

then prove that spirit can go to either one

I know you are going to tell me that 42 billion years ago NOTHING exploded,

Noone ever said that, you ignorant, uninformed, uneducated, unthinking, fallacious moron

it rained and rained on the rocks, the rocks turned to soup, and soup turned into living organisms which turned into monkeys and now here we are!!! That makes a lot of sense don't it?
strawman.png

strawman.jpg
strawman2.jpg

6a00e5540ff48a88340112790efe3028a4-800wi
adivasi_49_fs.jpg
strawman.png

Straw_Man.jpg

JB, THE LIGHT has you so upset you have to resort to posting so many images that now I'm stuck with a slidebar?

And why would God have to prove anything to you? He just IS. You're either with Him or you're not. What's with all the drama?

Last edited:
Challenges to back up my posts are no problem. Continually having to search through many pages because people are not willing to look themselves is redundant.

It's YOUR job to back up your assertions on this board. And Abraham NEVER pleaded that Ishmael be recognized... never. In fact, Sarah asked him to send Ishmael into exile and he resisted until he was told that he HAD to send Ishmael off.

You claim to know the bible.... which bible would that be?

Challenges to back up my posts are no problem. Continually having to search through many pages because people are not willing to look themselves is redundant.

It's YOUR job to back up your assertions on this board. And Abraham NEVER pleaded that Ishmael be recognized... never. In fact, Sarah asked him to send Ishmael into exile and he resisted until he was told that he HAD to send Ishmael off.

You claim to know the bible.... which bible would that be?

Jillian, you just wrote that Abraham RESISTED sending Ishmael off. And Abraham said to God:

Genesis 17:18 18 "O that Ishmael might live before thee!"

That's pleading, and God answered that He heard him and so blessed Ishmael. Why do you want to make a point that Abraham didn't plead for Ishmael when he did?

As for what my job is, that rocks! When do I get paid? :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Oh and you asked what Bible I use? I prefer the New King James or the New American Standard. If I think something is unclear I'll resort to the King James and if it's still unclear I look it up in Strongs.

Which Bible do you prefer?

Oh and you asked what Bible I use? I prefer the New King James or the New American Standard. If I think something is unclear I'll resort to the King James and if it's still unclear I look it up in Strongs.

I did use the word resist probably shouldn't have. more accurately, he wanted to know if it was the right thing. but he certainly wasn't ever going to tick off sarah... and he never "plead" for him.

and you might want to try the original since lots gets lost in translation from the original.

So what happened to Ishmael after him and his mother were sent away?

Was Ishmael still part of Abrahams family and Issac?

Last edited:

8519500.jpg

And why would God have to prove anything to you? He just IS.

prove that it is is and that it is a he

One of the names of God is El Shaddai, which is a combination of the most mightiest of mighty, all powerful, strong; together with an extremely nurturing feminine aspect as in mothers milk. Jesus said of us that after we die we will be neither male or female but like the angels. Since we were made in God's image and since our bodies released from the effects of the fall will be neither male nor female either, I believe God is neither male nor female but both. But because His attributes are beyond power and might, we use the masculine form to identify Him.

You're either with Him or you're not.

Now where have we heard that before.... :eusa_shhh:

From God through the Holy Spirit?

So what happened to Ishmael after him and his mother were sent away?

Was Ishmael still part of Abrahams family and Issac?

God kept his promise to Hagar and Ishmael was the beginning of many nations. God made both Isaac and Ishmael exceedingly fruitful, but with Isaac and Isaac's descendants He established His covenant, named him as heir. God said Ishmael was Abraham's seed, but He also said "for in Isaac your seed shall be called" meaning Jesus.

I've put together the key verses about Ishmael:

10 Then the Angel of the LORD said to her, “I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.” 11 And the Angel of the LORD said to her:

“ Behold, you are with child,
And you shall bear a son.
You shall call his name Ishmael,
Because the LORD has heard your affliction.
12 He shall be a wild man;
His hand shall be against every man,
And every man’s hand against him.
And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”

17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!”

19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.” 22 Then He finished talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

8 So the child grew and was weaned. And Abraham made a great feast on the same day that Isaac was weaned.
9 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, scoffing. 10 Therefore she said to Abraham, “Cast out this bondwoman and her son; for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, namely with Isaac.” 11 And the matter was very displeasing in Abraham’s sight because of his son.

12 But God said to Abraham, “Do not let it be displeasing in your sight because of the lad or because of your bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed shall be called. 13 Yet I will also make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, because he is your seed.”

Genesis 15-21

And why would God have to prove anything to you? He just IS.

prove that it is is and that it is a he

One of the names of God is El Shaddai,

incorrect. Step one was to demonstrate that deity exists. Until you do that, nothing else you say is anything but bullshit

Once you've done that, you are then to demonstrate that deity has multiple names

then demonstrate that one of those names is 'El Shaddai'

Jesus said of us that after we die we will be neither male or female but like the angels

Demonstrate that Jesus said this

demonstrate the evidence jesus has for this; you appeal to an authority you have not yet demonstrated to have authority will not fly here

. Since we were made in God's image

Evidence?

and since our bodies released from the effects of the fall will be neither male nor female either

What fall? demonstrate a 'fall'; demonstrate that this fall had effect

demonstrate that this effect causes us to be or to remain male and female

demonstrate that the effects of this fall can be removed or stopped

demonstrate that this will result our bodies being neither male nor female

, I believe

Anything following this can be disregarded, since you make no argument and cite no evidence

. But because His attributes are beyond power and might,

Demonstrate that its attributes are 'beyond power and might'; as it stands, this is a totally meaningless phrase and a nonsensical sentence

You're either with Him or you're not.

Now where have we heard that before.... :eusa_shhh:

From God through the Holy Spirit?[/quote][/quote]

George W Bush is God> the TV is the Holy Spirit?

Forum List

Back