What I love about the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 2

and then there's like a synopse of it in Genesis 5

So does that mean that Adam did not have parents?

Sure he did, God

So Adam was the son of God?

I thought Jesus was. You know..."He gave His only begotten Son..."

Looks like John didn't read Genesis carefully enough.

Sure he did, God

LOL, see that word between "only" and "Son" ?

Here, I'll make it easy for you... :eusa_angel:

I saw that word.

be⋅got⋅ten
–verb a pp. of beget.
1.(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).
2.to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

Synonyms:
1. spawn, sire, breed, father.
2. occasion, engender, effect, generate.

So Adam was the son of God. God produced him. He begat him.

And Jesus was too. So therefore, Jesus was not "His only begotten Son..." He was just one of them.

LOL, see that word between "only" and "Son" ?

Here, I'll make it easy for you... :eusa_angel:

I saw that word.

be⋅got⋅ten
–verb a pp. of beget.
1.(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).
2.to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

Synonyms:
1. spawn, sire, breed, father.
2. occasion, engender, effect, generate.

So Adam was the son of God. God produced him. He begat him.

And Jesus was too. So therefore, Jesus was not "His only begotten Son..." He was just one of them.

Xotoxi, the English language is flawed, using any language to describe God is fairly futile. If you REALLY want a brain twister, try figuring out the Trinity. (Personally I think Oneness and Trinitarians are the same thing and it's just an issue of semantics)

But if you want to try to understand it using the English, I'll give it a shot

Using your definition, lets see...I'll choose THIS meaning whe it's talking about Jesus

a belief that power begets power.

and then I'd choose this one when talking about Adam...

oh wait, God didn't "beget" Adam, I don't see which definition there fits him?

OH I see it, you're saying that because God "produced" Adam, that God "begat" him.

Well if that's the meaning you want to apply of begat, you would say that about the whole planet, universe, everything in it

I don't think you're making any sense Xotoxi :eusa_angel:

Doesn't he come to people that are sinning?
I'm pretty sure Satan loves sinners.

Satan loves that God's children sin, and he's more than happy to lead us there if that's what you mean. But he also revels in the consequences we suffer because of those sins, Satan hates and accuses us. It's why he's called our accuser.

But Christ steps in and says He has already paid for those sins. More reasons why I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

:clap2:
Cool, I can sin all I want and the debt is already pre-paid by God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob
and Mohamed.

Of coarse the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will pay your debt, but you have to accept YASHUA as you Lord and Savior and believe that he died on the cross for your sins (Romans 10:9). And because he loves you so much that He will send His comforter (John 14) that will lead you towards truth and righteosness and away from those sins. In turn, you will experience what true joy is.:eusa_angel:

OH I see it, you're saying that because God "produced" Adam, that God "begat" him.

Well if that's the meaning you want to apply of begat, you would say that about the whole planet, universe, everything in it

The definition of begat is rather simple.

I begat my children. You begat yours.

Adams father was God. Jesus's father was God.

The Bible says that God gave us Jesus, the only son he produced, the only son he begat.

But in fact, that is not the case.

As for using English to try to understand it...that the only language I know. So I don't have any other options.

I'm not trying to disprove the entire Bible...just John 3:16.

God doesn't need a creator since he has always existed

Proof? evidence?

The universe doesn't need a creator because it has always existed.

problem solved.
. Time only began when God created it.

prove creation

then prove a creator

then prove that creator is a spirit

then prove that spirit is a god

then prove that god is your god

prove that spirits exist

then prove that people have spirits

then prove that heaven and hell exist

then prove that one's spirit continues after death

then prove that spirit can go to either one

it rained and rained on the rocks, the rocks turned to soup, and soup turned into living organisms which turned into monkeys and now here we are!!! That makes a lot of sense don't it?
strawman.png

strawman.jpg
strawman2.jpg

6a00e5540ff48a88340112790efe3028a4-800wi
adivasi_49_fs.jpg
strawman.png

Straw_Man.jpg

My what a big collection of straw men you have. Probably smaller than your real straw men collection I suppose. :eusa_whistle:

You and I both agree that micro-evolution is real. What we and all others don't agree on is whether or not there is a god. I can ask you to prove to me that there is NO god, a claim which you would NEVER be able to validate, yet there are many things that point to the existance of a god. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in specific.

I know you are going to tell me that 42 billion years ago NOTHING exploded,

Noone ever said that, you ignorant, uninformed, uneducated, unthinking, fallacious moron

Well you didn't, I was just expecting you to pull a description right out of the text book.

I can ask you to prove to me that there is NO god, a claim which you would NEVER be able to validate,
That argument would be logically fallacious. Claiming something exists because it's existence can't be disproved is an example of an "appeal to ignorance."

yet there are many things that point to the existance of a god. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in specific.
What evidence conclusively points to the existence of your God?

The Bible says that God gave us Jesus, the only son he produced, the only son he begat.

As for using English to try to understand it...that the only language I know. So I don't have any other options.

okay ONE more and then we gotta continue this tomorrow?

Adam was created from the dirt and everyone else was a product of his seed. (okay eve gets some credit here)

Jesus was completely unique from all other men because the Bible describes a human, Mary, and the Holy Spirit...I THINK the angel said something about the Holy Spirit coming and I'd have to look up the exact words.

But becoming pregnant through the Holy Spirit is something there are no words for...it's never been done before or since. It's completely unique. No other human, not even Adam, was formed that way. Not only that but Jesus was here before the foundation of time, He appears at various times long before God came down in the flesh, both fully man and fully God...and now we're getting into that Trinity thing I already brought up.

Somehow God came down in the flesh, a combination fo Holy Spirit and Mary. Whatever way you want to call it, it is THE ONLY. There are no more occurences such as this, and it's what the Bible says the angels are curious as all get out about (paraphrased) The whole thing about grace...

Anyway, any more and will have to be tomorrow. God bless you Xotoxi, lib or not :eusa_angel:

i quit smoking a year ago...dont push me....i might have to start again...

o they do....they start out with honey and how do they end? and since when do you give a flying flip?

o and i am calm

If you want me to fuck you two sides to Sunday and back through Monday, just say so.

*yawn

not today, but thanks :rolleyes:

I don't recall extending the invitation to you, but still......I am a democracy of pleasure.

I can ask you to prove to me that there is NO god, a claim which you would NEVER be able to validate,
That argument would be logically fallacious. Claiming something exists because it's existence can't be disproved is an example of an "appeal to ignorance."

Try using your God given brain to read my post. You will find that I never said that the unability to prove the existance of God was proof for his existance. You said that! However, you seem to believe the opposite to be true for your convenience. Hmmmm

Adam was created from the dirt and everyone else was a product of his seed. (okay eve gets some credit here)

Jesus was completely unique from all other men because the Bible describes a human, Mary, and the Holy Spirit...I THINK the angel said something about the Holy Spirit coming and I'd have to look up the exact words.

But becoming pregnant through the Holy Spirit is something there are no words for...it's never been done before or since. It's completely unique. No other human, not even Adam, was formed that way. Not only that but Jesus was here before the foundation of time, He appears at various times long before God came down in the flesh, both fully man and fully God...and now we're getting into that Trinity thing I already brought up.

Somehow God came down in the flesh, a combination fo Holy Spirit and Mary. Whatever way you want to call it, it is THE ONLY. There are no more occurences such as this, and it's what the Bible says the angels are curious as all get out about (paraphrased) The whole thing about grace...

Anyway, any more and will have to be tomorrow. God bless you Xotoxi, lib or not :eusa_angel:

So it seems you are saying that Adam was a clone of God and that
Jesus was the result of sex between God and an underage girl.

Do clones have souls?

So it seems you are saying that Adam was a clone of God and that
Jesus was the result of sex between God and an underage girl.

Do clones have souls?

And the whole Adam and Eve thing is rather creepy.

It means that we are all products of incest.

Forum List

Back