What I love about the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob

So...are we just skipping anything I ask and focusing on something else because...why?

I'm not arguing the Quran. You asked and I answered and darlin, I'm gettin kind of tired of continually having to go back and repost what we've already been over. How many times does this make it? Would you please do your own work next time?
There's clearly been some sort of breakdown in communication here. I'm going to go ahead and not attempt to argue this point any further because we don't seem to be on the same page.

Sorry, I actually love conversations online but I'm just wiped out, long fun day.
No need to apologize, I'm not blaming you. It just happens.

:lol:

That name doesn't look familiar so I don't know if we're even talking about the same book here.
Oh, we are. Sira or Sirat, "Life," is a shortened name for Sirat Rasul Allah, "Life of the Messenger of God."

yeah, and I wish I'd had the information long before I did.

They all say pretty much the same thing
In most cases, they do say similar things. I prefer M. M. Ali's because his English commentary is intelligent and well-written - he had his MA in English.

How long have you been a Muslim, Kalam?
Always, more or less. I settled into my current school of thought quite some time ago, too.

okay I gotta get some sleep...halfway through this I about nodded. God bless, nice chattin

I've bored you to sleep already? :lol:

Respond at your convenience. It's only a message board after all.

Oh and you asked what Bible I use? I prefer the New King James or the New American Standard. If I think something is unclear I'll resort to the King James and if it's still unclear I look it up in Strongs.

Which Bible do you prefer?
So what happened to Ishmael after him and his mother were sent away?

Was Ishmael still part of Abrahams family and Issac?

God kept his promise to Hagar and Ishmael was the beginning of many nations.
So was Ishmael still part of Abrahams family?

Were the brothers Issac and Ishmael still friends?

In general, humans are nice... You may attribute that to god or religion, I attribute it to the inherent goodness of mankind.

You fail to account for why that inherent goodness should be the case. the answer? Evolutionary psychology and the moral instinct.

Evolutionary psychology...so THATS why we're murdering our own babies? Actually pushing them back into the womb to tear them apart?

Is that evidenced by our current moral decline then? Our fascination with movies like SAW, or how about comparing the music of the 40s and 50s about rosy cheeks and sweet lips being replaced with semen in the face? That's our evolution?

I don't know what you're evolving into, I'm stepping off of this ride and standing with with my Savior. But thanks for pointing it out to me

Jen = classic case of :cuckoo:

Jen = classic case of :cuckoo:

Deep :clap2:

kiss.jpg

Last edited:
I am doing great, And you? :eusa_angel:

Here is all I could find on the subject,

Genesis 25: 8-9

8) Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

9) His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

So it looks like they were still in contact with each other and the brothers were close.

Sunni Man, I am not trying to grieve you. The truth is, I am a gentile, I have no claim either. Eventually we all came from Adam and Eve so that's not the point.

As gently as I can say this, if you are trying to gain equal footing from Isaac to Ishmael, I'm sorry it's just not in the Bible. If you study further, I really don't think you want to get into a debate with me about Ishmael because that leads to the Ishmaelites and that is not going to help your case per David. I am not trying to attack you. You keep trying to correct me by pointing at connections that lead to some places that are going to inflame you and that's not my purpose.

• 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Sunni Man, anyone can be adopted into the Kingdom through Jesus Christ, but that won't last forever. If you want to gain the inheritance then there is only one way I know of for both you and for me, to do that. Trying to take it by connecting Ishmael to Isaac isn't going to get you anywhere, especially since Esau sold his inheritance to Jacob for a bowl of stew.

I am a gentile. I have no dog in this fight. But the inheritance, according to the Bible, was given to Isaac and continued down the line to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and in Him we find the glory. The Bible says He is the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Him.

But what about Frodo and Bilbo Baggins? You left that part of the story out!!!

But what about Frodo and Bilbo Baggins? You left that part of the story out!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Bilbo brought the evil ring back to the Shire and then took off...

Frodo spent three books and three movies trying to destroy what Bilbo wrought and succeeded and everyone on the right enjoyed the rest of their days in victory...

That sounds like a Biblical story but not the one about Isaac and Ishmael...

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 2

and then there's like a synopse of it in Genesis 5

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 2

and then there's like a synopse of it in Genesis 5

So does that mean that Adam did not have parents?

Forum List

Back