What if black lives really mattered?

You took the liberty of a multitude of assumptions without clarifying with me what I meant. As a white person you simply cant understand what it is to be Black. You have no point of reference. Not even a little bit. Your version of reality is entirely different from a Black person and it would take an extraordinarily astute white person to understand. I've never met a white person, nor have I ever met another Black person that even heard of a white person, that understands what it means to be Black. Learning issues in no way makes you understand. It only informs you of the issues.

You know I agree with you! I as a white person have NO idea what it is to be black!

I do know though that through whatever means these "black" people have become people I respect immensely and have NO problem with
listening to whatever they have to say as they are first human beings that just so happen to be black.

Dr. Ben Carson, Herman Cain, J.C.Watt, Col. Allen West, Senator Tim Scott, (SC), Condolezza Rice, Stacey Dash,Angela McGlowan,Sheryl Underwood, Martin Luther King's daughter Alveda King,Judge Janice Rogers Brown,Star Parker,Sherriff David Clark to name a few.
BUT the problem YOU most likely have is you would consider the above blacks as "house Negros".. "Uncle Toms"... because they espouse individual responsibility.
I love Condi. Yes Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Allen West are boot licking uncle toms. Stacey Dash is removed from reality. I dont know enough about the rest of them to make a determination.

So a man with a 36 page curriculum Vitae, that has separated babies conjoined at the head is a "boot licker"?
Herman Cain whose dad was a chauffeur and came from probably worst conditions then you to become CEO of GodFather's Pizza, and Allen West's awards and decorations include the Bronze Star; Meritorious Service Medal (two Oak Leaf Clusters); Army Commendation Medal (three Oak Leaf Clusters, one Valor Device); Army Achievement Medal (one Oak Leaf Cluster); Valorous Unit Award; Air Assault Badge; and the Master Parachutist Badge boot lickers?

See that's why people have a problem with people like you. You really don't respect other people who have accomplished more in their lives by not
depending on their skin color for affirmative action!
I'm going to have to deduct some respect points for that one. Your first error is starting off your post with "So". Thats a gigantic red flag that bullshit is sure to follow and in this case it was. Basically you are saying that if you are intelligent (Ben Carson) you cant be a boot licker. How did you arrive at that conclusion? Apply that question to your other comments regarding the other 2 and submit your best answer.

You do realize Carson in particular used AA to get ahead dont you?

Dear Asclepias and healthmyths
Since you are debating whether Carson is a good or bad example of
either boot licking, AA, minorities overcoming social conditioning, etc.

Why not ask the two of you to write a letter to Carson and Obama
supporting the idea of microlending to end welfare handouts and overreliance on govt?

You may contact Lenwood Johnson 281-709-3001 whose community group
authored and passed part of the HOPE VI HUD reforms
that included converting public housing into sustainable campuses
that even provided housing and internships for students to provide
social services to low income families until they became self-reliant
and could graduate from the program. http://www.campusplan.org

This campus plan was later extended to propose restoring historic houses for Vets within the
same nationally registered Freed Slave church district, while
providing health care services on site: Freedmen's Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing

I bought domain names for openlettertothepresident
at .org and .us

I challenge both of you to write either a joint letter or separate letters,
and I am happy to launch a fundraiser online to support whatever project you propose
to unite Carson, Obama, Allen West and Cornell Well, and all Black leaders in funding restitution for past govt abuses,
and denial of equal protection to Blacks, by investing in ownership
and development of campus communities in distressed neighborhoods
from Freedmen's Town to Ferguson to stop genocidal destruction of lives and communities.

Thanks!
We live in a capitalistic system. Welfare is the inevitable outcome of such a system. There has to be consumers for it to work. What will happen with the micro loans is that white people will find a loophole and exploit it. Its just a a bunch of smoke and mirrors. What Blacks will have to do is take a step back to go forward. Drop the inclination to join in on the failed culture of white america and get back to what made us strong before integration. We took care of our own economics. We took care of our own education. We excelled despite racism.

You know I agree with you! I as a white person have NO idea what it is to be black!

I do know though that through whatever means these "black" people have become people I respect immensely and have NO problem with
listening to whatever they have to say as they are first human beings that just so happen to be black.

Dr. Ben Carson, Herman Cain, J.C.Watt, Col. Allen West, Senator Tim Scott, (SC), Condolezza Rice, Stacey Dash,Angela McGlowan,Sheryl Underwood, Martin Luther King's daughter Alveda King,Judge Janice Rogers Brown,Star Parker,Sherriff David Clark to name a few.
BUT the problem YOU most likely have is you would consider the above blacks as "house Negros".. "Uncle Toms"... because they espouse individual responsibility.
I love Condi. Yes Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Allen West are boot licking uncle toms. Stacey Dash is removed from reality. I dont know enough about the rest of them to make a determination.

So a man with a 36 page curriculum Vitae, that has separated babies conjoined at the head is a "boot licker"?
Herman Cain whose dad was a chauffeur and came from probably worst conditions then you to become CEO of GodFather's Pizza, and Allen West's awards and decorations include the Bronze Star; Meritorious Service Medal (two Oak Leaf Clusters); Army Commendation Medal (three Oak Leaf Clusters, one Valor Device); Army Achievement Medal (one Oak Leaf Cluster); Valorous Unit Award; Air Assault Badge; and the Master Parachutist Badge boot lickers?

See that's why people have a problem with people like you. You really don't respect other people who have accomplished more in their lives by not
I'm going to have to deduct some respect points for that one. Your first error is starting off your post with "So". Thats a gigantic red flag that bullshit is sure to follow and in this case it was. Basically you are saying that if you are intelligent (Ben Carson) you cant be a boot licker. How did you arrive at that conclusion? Apply that question to your other comments regarding the other 2 and submit your best answer.

Well I also have lost any respect for your "intelligence" as you cant(sic) seem to and obviously dont (sic) want to pay attention to simple punctuation rules!
How then can you in particular criticize obviously more intelligent people i.e. Dr. Carson when you are too damn lazy to add an apostrophe?
Thats ok. I dont mind if you lost respect. Its not like you are someone important to me. I dont know that Dr. Carson is more intelligent than me. All I know is that he went into a different field than I did. I dont like wasting time with appostrophes unless they are necessary like for example were vs. we're. I dont hold the english language in a high enough regard to care to be honest.

Yikes @Ascepias
RE: "Its not like you are someone important to me."
The idea that lives matter starts with treating ALL persons with equal dignity and respect,
regardless if their ideas or statements need massive reforms. The people are still deserving
of equal protection of the laws, or else how do you expect to enforce this for Black Lives treated as "not important."

Enforcing laws consistently is what is going to stop this discrimination game.
No matter how much we disagree or cannot understand or stand each other,
the respect for rights, freedoms, expression, due process and ability to redress grievances
must be upheld for ALL people if we want to claim equal rights and protections for our interests.

The natural law of reciprocity, the Golden Rule that applies to everyone from
Hitler to the Dalai Lama, from the worshipped saints to the despised lepers, serial criminals and terrorists,
is that we treat each other as we agree to be treated.

If you do NOT like being treated as if you aren't important enough to hear out,
or Black lives don't matter and aren't important,
it is wiser and more effective to treat each person as someone with an important point and purpose
they are trying to get across. And the process is to find it.

racism_f773f9_3531087.jpg

You took the liberty of a multitude of assumptions without clarifying with me what I meant. As a white person you simply cant understand what it is to be Black. You have no point of reference. Not even a little bit. Your version of reality is entirely different from a Black person and it would take an extraordinarily astute white person to understand. I've never met a white person, nor have I ever met another Black person that even heard of a white person, that understands what it means to be Black. Learning issues in no way makes you understand. It only informs you of the issues.

Dear Asclepias and healthmyths
Since you are debating whether Carson is a good or bad example of
either boot licking, AA, minorities overcoming social conditioning, etc.

Why not ask the two of you to write a letter to Carson and Obama
supporting the idea of microlending to end welfare handouts and overreliance on govt?

You may contact Lenwood Johnson 281-709-3001 whose community group
authored and passed part of the HOPE VI HUD reforms
that included converting public housing into sustainable campuses
that even provided housing and internships for students to provide
social services to low income families until they became self-reliant
and could graduate from the program. http://www.houstonprogressive.org

This campus plan was later extended to propose restoring historic houses for Vets within the
same nationally registered Freed Slave church district, while
providing health care services on site: Freedmen's Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing

I bought domain names for openlettertothepresident
at .org and .us

I challenge both of you to write either a joint letter or separate letters,
and I am happy to launch a fundraiser online to support whatever project you propose
to unite Carson, Obama, Allen West and Cornell Well, and all Black leaders in funding restitution for past govt abuses,
and denial of equal protection to Blacks, by investing in ownership
and development of campus communities in distressed neighborhoods
from Freedmen's Town to Ferguson to stop genocidal destruction of lives and communities.

Thanks!

I have a better solution then "micro lending"! It is called Venture Capital Insurance Corp. VCIC.

Based on the simple rules of FDIC and limited to small investors a guarantee of principal by VCIC funded by premiums (Like FDIC) paid by previous
VCIC guaranteed ventures. Thus the average small investor who can't risk any funds in start up ventures can have their principal insured. Large investors
are forbidden by rule. The small VCIC investor then as long as they keep their shares can have their principal insured and thus grow with the venture!

THAT is a tool that will make millions of people far more financially secure then "micro lending"!

Then going from there. Uninsured Health Insurance Corp. UHIC... where by 10% of all lawyers fees are taxed to fund UHIC and hospitals that
have unreimbursed expenses that they get covered by Medicare would pay a premium thus sending all uninsured patients claims to UHIC and thus
NOT over charge Medicare/private insurance! Tied to the $850 billion a year in "defensive medicine" costs, the premiums of insurance companies by State insurance regulators' LAWs would be forbidden from being raised!

Finally you want great ideas? I've got plenty that I've had over my 72 years and have plenty more to come!

Dear healthmyths
This mentality of comparing people's paths in order to JUDGE one person or another
backfires, and creates resentment, projected blame and division.

If any group needs unity, the Black leadership CANNOT afford to keep dividing
and namecalling each other over who is the poor victimized working class denied equal protection
and who is the rich sellout "Uncle Tom" exploiting the system instead of changing it to uplift the poor.

The key may lie in microlending, and the more experienced business and political leaders
MENTORING the less experienced members so that they SUCCEED.
And QUIT this business of trying to "make each other FAIL in order to prove one side right or wrong."

This is CRUEL to keep pitting leaders to denounce each other instead of working together
to uplift their constituents. The billions of dollars spent on hateful negative campaigns
could better be invested in buying out schools, business and medical districts, even prisons
and TRAINING local Black leaders and members to manage their own local govt democratically.

For those with more experience in business ownership and property management,
why not reward citizens for investing in training and mentoring others, creating jobs and leadership
opportunities instead of politicians exploiting class division to pit one against the other,
to fund their campaigns and pay millions to the media to keep this infighting going?

What problems could be solved with the same resources abused by two sides fighting each other?

Dear emilynghiem....
I am not in favor of ANY divisive behavior...i.e "black lives matter"... " occupy wall street", any other really divisive anti growth total anarchy efforts.
Obama being the ringleader of trying to divide America with his continual support of criminals..(meeting with Trayvon's parents ...divisive!).
It is like fingernails on a black board when I hear ANY politician say "I'll fight..." etc. how stupid!
Why not offer better solutions rather then tearing down! Why not build rather then destroy.
But I believe you emilynghiem , you want to see divisiveness! You want the rich to be torn down. You and may like you are like jackals that have to tear
at someone else's meat rather then find your own! You want to take from others rather then teach others to be independent!

Now we are REALLY talking past each other.
Where did I say ANYTHING about tearing down the rich? What?

If anything I said to organize parties to manage tax breaks and REWARD
citizens for investing in their own solutions.

WHERE are you getting that uplifting the poor means tearing down the rich?
This is the very poverty mentality that is keeping people divided.
NO, the point is education and experience can be equally distributed
by REWARDING and not TAXING more people for it.

Once people have equal access to wealth of knowledge of the laws,
and can organize their own pools of resources, they don't have to fight over political power.

No more victims on either side.

Sorry we cross communicated so badly.
You sounded to me you wanted to put down the poor and blame them for playing the victim and race card.
I sounded to you like I was either trying to blame the rich or something I don't know WHERE you got
that from as most people accuse me of the opposite, of trusting people too much to reform their own systems.

Can we start over with where you and I agree or disagree?
This got totally cross-wired, like beyond recognition!

Sorry healthmyths
If you and I both agree with Carson's support for microlending
can we restart the conversation on something we both agree is uplifting and doesn't punish either rich or poor
for being rich or poor?

Well I also have lost any respect for your "intelligence" as you cant(sic) seem to and obviously dont (sic) want to pay attention to simple punctuation rules!
How then can you in particular criticize obviously more intelligent people i.e. Dr. Carson when you are too damn lazy to add an apostrophe?
Thats ok. I dont mind if you lost respect. Its not like you are someone important to me. I dont know that Dr. Carson is more intelligent than me. All I know is that he went into a different field than I did. I dont like wasting time with appostrophes unless they are necessary like for example were vs. we're. I dont hold the english language in a high enough regard to care to be honest.

Yikes @Ascepias
The idea that lives matter starts with treating ALL persons with equal dignity and respect,
regardless if their ideas or statements need massive reforms. The people are still deserving
of equal protection of the laws, or else how do you expect to enforce this for Black Lives treated as "not important."

the respect for rights, freedoms, expression, due process and ability to redress grievances
must be upheld for ALL people if we want to claim equal rights and protections for our interests.

Hitler to the Dalai Lama, from the worshipped saints to the despised lepers, serial criminals and terrorists,

it is wiser and more effective to treat each person as someone with an important point and purpose
I treat people with respect as long as they treat me with respect. Thats my golden rule. I dont expect to enforce Black lives matter by talking about it or protesting. I expect to enforce it by bringing a severe penalty to those that wish to prove Black lives dont matter. I simply dont have the patience for idiocy and that is colorblind.

Dear healthmyths
This mentality of comparing people's paths in order to JUDGE one person or another

and namecalling each other over who is the poor victimized working class denied equal protection
and who is the rich sellout "Uncle Tom" exploiting the system instead of changing it to uplift the poor.

The key may lie in microlending, and the more experienced business and political leaders
And QUIT this business of trying to "make each other FAIL in order to prove one side right or wrong."

This is CRUEL to keep pitting leaders to denounce each other instead of working together
to uplift their constituents. The billions of dollars spent on hateful negative campaigns
could better be invested in buying out schools, business and medical districts, even prisons
and TRAINING local Black leaders and members to manage their own local govt democratically.

why not reward citizens for investing in training and mentoring others, creating jobs and leadership
opportunities instead of politicians exploiting class division to pit one against the other,
to fund their campaigns and pay millions to the media to keep this infighting going?

What problems could be solved with the same resources abused by two sides fighting each other?

Dear emilynghiem....
I am not in favor of ANY divisive behavior...i.e "black lives matter"... " occupy wall street", any other really divisive anti growth total anarchy efforts.
Obama being the ringleader of trying to divide America with his continual support of criminals..(meeting with Trayvon's parents ...divisive!).
It is like fingernails on a black board when I hear ANY politician say "I'll fight..." etc. how stupid!
Why not offer better solutions rather then tearing down! Why not build rather then destroy.
But I believe you emilynghiem , you want to see divisiveness! You want the rich to be torn down. You and may like you are like jackals that have to tear
at someone else's meat rather then find your own! You want to take from others rather then teach others to be independent!

and can organize their own pools of resources, they don't have to fight over political power.

You sounded to me you wanted to put down the poor and blame them for playing the victim and race card.
I sounded to you like I was either trying to blame the rich or something I don't know WHERE you got
that from as most people accuse me of the opposite, of trusting people too much to reform their own systems.

Sorry healthmyths
can we restart the conversation on something we both agree is uplifting and doesn't punish either rich or poor
for being rich or poor?

I apologize for grossly misinterpreting your post.

Just to make sure my principles are clearly understood.

I believe in principles!

The fundamental principle being do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
I believe you teach a person to fish and you feed them for a life time.
I believe that a person with a good idea generally is more interested in seeing the idea to fruition with money gained from the fruition secondary.
I believe that I share an idea with you and you share with me we now both go away with two ideas each!
I believe that so far capitalism has been the tool to create the most advances in civilization.
These are just a few of the "principles" I believe in.
Do you agree?

Yikes @Ascepias

I treat people with respect as long as they treat me with respect. Thats my golden rule. I dont expect to enforce Black lives matter by talking about it or protesting. I expect to enforce it by bringing a severe penalty to those that wish to prove Black lives dont matter. I simply dont have the patience for idiocy and that is colorblind.

Be VERY Careful Asclepias
the road to Restorative Justice is to lift your neighbor up to your standard so they do the same for you
when you appear to fall short. Not to judge and dismiss each other in advance due to errors or differences.
healthmyths and I totally missed each other's points and intentions; if we ended it right there,
we'd lose the relationship and opportunity to develop and support key points of agreement, when I suspect we are actually on the same page, both against division and trying to stop the victimhood blamed by either rich on poor, or poor on the rich
for causing or perpetuating it.

the road to retribution, and issuing judgment punishment and rejection
is what is causing all this misery, violence and class division and abuse going on.

You are a higher minded person capable of taking the higher road.
Can you trust that whatever problems or conflicts are going on,
taking the higher road will inspire and uplift others to do the same.

Can we aspire for greater and not be content to cut things short for expedience.
From healthmyths previous msgs, we agree to challenge the ACA and other
problematic agenda rubber stamped by the Democrats and Obama's following.

What about serious ideas for reforming and replacing problematic programs?
Improving them where there is no more disagreement or conflict?

Do you have faith that by working with diverse, even opposed approaches,
we can address issues in full, solve them, and come out with even better solutions
by troubleshooting and correcting all reasons for objections?

We may not respect each other equally yet, but could we work out
a solution we all respect, and then see if our mutual perceptions change in the process?

Yikes @Ascepias

the road to Restorative Justice is to lift your neighbor up to your standard so they do the same for you
when you appear to fall short. Not to judge and dismiss each other in advance due to errors or differences.
healthmyths and I totally missed each other's points and intentions; if we ended it right there,
we'd lose the relationship and opportunity to develop and support key points of agreement, when I suspect we are actually on the same page, both against division and trying to stop the victimhood blamed by either rich on poor, or poor on the rich

is what is causing all this misery, violence and class division and abuse going on.

Can we aspire for greater and not be content to cut things short for expedience.

we can address issues in full, solve them, and come out with even better solutions

a solution we all respect, and then see if our mutual perceptions change in the process?
Exchanging ideas is one thing. Bullshitting is a completely different animal. i simply have no tolerance for it.

Dear healthmyths

Dear emilynghiem....

Sorry healthmyths
for being rich or poor?

I apologize for grossly misinterpreting your post.

Just to make sure my principles are clearly understood.

I believe in principles!

The fundamental principle being do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
I believe you teach a person to fish and you feed them for a life time.
I believe that a person with a good idea generally is more interested in seeing the idea to fruition with money gained from the fruition secondary.
I believe that I share an idea with you and you share with me we now both go away with two ideas each!
I believe that so far capitalism has been the tool to create the most advances in civilization.
These are just a few of the "principles" I believe in.
Do you agree?

I agree with the spirit of your post and 98% of what you say
and the only correction I would insist on is to clarify
free enterprise used in cooperative economics that seeks to serve and develop the greater whole
as broader than just capitalism that can be abused destructively to put individual interests of one above others.

I think since you started off with the Golden Rule you use that to clarify that capitalism is not to be abused,
so that it is closer to free market and not the monopolized politics that gives capitalism a bad name.

So if this is how you mean to check it against abuses,
then I AGREE.

I would be careful with the Golden Rule that can be abused too:
if you can see by Asclepias take on this, it cannot be retributive or it causes disruption.
Some people really would kill others as they would expect to be killed, but
they take this out on people who didn't agree to that policy!

I would say the power of CHARITY for others,
of choosing to contribute and serve for the sake of greater good and love of all,
(which you also state very well, thank you) is the same power that makes
capitalism work so well when used CORRECTLY.

I think we agree enough to chalk it up as the same.

If all our monetary tracking system went down, we'd rely first on charity to maintain communities,
and the capitalism and tracking of resources would follow from there. So I'd put charity first.

Yikes @Ascepias

Exchanging ideas is one thing. Bullshitting is a completely different animal. i simply have no tolerance for it.

OK agreed, Asclepias, so let's drop the BS and
just focus on productive effective ideas that ARE worth our valuable time and talents to explore.
With the fine people on this site, we could creat inenovative proposals, pair by pair, and influence govt reforms.

The more diverse the teams, the more impact and inspiration to others to do the same.
Is there a local public radio station near you? Could you start a show for business solutions
to govt problems. I suspect with your business background and focus on uplifting those most in need of
mentorship, you me and healthmyths could agree on solutions with more impact and importance than
the problems they would solve. Great minds recognize the right answers and have "no tolerance" for less.

We also argue more because we are that more discerning.
Why not use this process for good, and get something going out of it?

I already know I support 100% whatever we end up agreeing on.
None of us, by conscience, would support anything we know is causing harm.
Why not focus on what is going to work?

So is it your belief that non-blacks can't understand blacks....only blacks can understand blacks?

Do you apply that illogical belief to everything?
You dont sound very intelligent. I've never been white so I have no clue about what motivates whites to do things like molest animals. Anyone with a brain knows you can empathize but unless you have had the same skin, experience and family history you simply cannot understand what it means to be Black.
BS.
Care to elaborate or is that the extent of your intelligence?
I had to go to work to support the bloated welfare/warfare state...so that is why my previous post was so short.

We are all human beings. We have the same needs and desires. To think that someone of a certain race can't ever understand someone of a different race, is well....dumb. We can learn what the issues are within other races merely by studying those issues, talking to each other, and observing each others actions.
Not buying that BS.

Reality IS reality. There are no two realities. Only one.

Tell us what it MEANS to be black.

How is your reality different from mine?

Asclepias
About the Golden Rule, I guess what I'm saying is if you
prefer people to "respect your best ideas and solutions" for their full potential in advance,
and not judge and reject you for what comes across wrongful and backwards until this is clarified,
it helps to "respect the best ideas and solutions" that other people have in their potential
even if in the meantime this is coming across as negative or ignorant to you or BS.

It's still the Golden Rule, but one way is for both people to mutually misjudge and reject each other for faults,
and the other is to bring out the better sides of each other that we'd want others to see in us as well.

Forum List

Back