What if there is no god?

God has not been proven to exist or to not exist, which makes agnostic as the only real choice. For now.

Just because you are unable to see the proof, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many other "real" choices. You don't have a monopoly on the truth any more than any Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or Hindu. you're just as fallible as the rest of us.

The truth is: there's no tangible proof of a god existing... or not.

That is not the truth. You are tangible, God is truth, God is love, God is creation. Without God, you don't exist.

Just because you are unable to see the proof, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many other "real" choices. You don't have a monopoly on the truth any more than any Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or Hindu. you're just as fallible as the rest of us.

The truth is: there's no tangible proof of a god existing... or not.

That is not the truth. You are tangible, God is truth, God is love, God is creation. Without God, you don't exist.

Wow, that's pretty mindless mumbo jumbo. So basically, god is some vague concept of anything. Got it.

At this point, literally anything truly is possible...

The question then turns to what is probable.

Ancient Stories? :dunno: Mother Earth + Father Time?

Probable? 3000 or so years ago when Biblical texts were written, Man's lexicons and technological awareness was nil compared to now. Now, if aliens arrived landing in front of us, came out and said they were our gods we'd laugh then promptly kill them (or try to.) But 3000 years ago, Man would have accepted it.

Cargo cults during WWII show how technology can be mistaken for divinity and kickstart religions as when Allied forces needed native cooperation in the Pacific. Landing in their planes bring food, medicine, and wonders never before seen the natives believed Allied forces were benevolent gods. They built replicas of the planes and worshipped them much as we worship idols figuring in our faiths now.
Cargo cult - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ultimately though, whether it's an alien, a bonafide deiy, or locals more advanced than you, it doesn't perhaps matter. If you have a technological edge over others so vast that they think you're gods, for all intents and purposes you are a god.

What if there is no god?

A huge amount of people will lose their purpose in life. And probably outright reject such a conclusion anyways. So we'd be back to square one, arguing about how Noah could get polar bears from the arctic onto his boat and back.

I wish more believers (any) were interested in actually answering the question of the OP.

I have a question for all the believers.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

How would your life be affected?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it.

If I were a Muslim it would be a great question because the pre islamic god, allah, is a false god. As I serve the G-d of Israel I couldn't possibly answer it because the scenario you suggest is impossible. Find a Muslim and you'll get your answer! My best advice to you. :eusa_angel: Good luck! - Jeri

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it.

If I were a Muslim it would be a great question because the pre islamic god, allah, is a false god. As I serve the G-d of Israel I couldn't possibly answer it because the scenario you suggest is impossible. Find a Muslim and you'll get your answer! My best advice to you. :eusa_angel: Good luck! - Jeri

I don't get this. His question isn't asking you to admit that your god isn't real - it's just a hypothetical. It's really about whether your moral convictions and values come from your belief, or vice versa. How would they change if they weren't supported by your belief? Would they change?

I'm sure you can do it.

I don't get this. His question isn't asking you to admit that your god isn't real - it's just a hypothetical. It's really about whether your moral convictions and values come from your belief, or vice versa. How would they change if they weren't supported by your belief? Would they change?

You didn't read it closely then. He said, What if you found out YOUR god was not real, YOU had false beliefs. Leaving room for what he hasn't told you - ( that he's assuming his god is the big G. ) I answered it correctly. He needs to present the question to a Muslim. I put him on the right track if he cares to go there. It's up to him.

- Jeri

You didn't read it closely then. He said, What if you found out YOUR god was not real, YOU had false beliefs. Leaving room for what he hasn't told you - ( that he's assuming his god is the big G. ) I answered it correctly. He needs to present the question to a Muslim. I put him on the right track if he cares to go there. It's up to him.

- Jeri

OK. Whatever.

i don't get this. His question isn't asking you to admit that your god isn't real - it's just a hypothetical. It's really about whether your moral convictions and values come from your belief, or vice versa. How would they change if they weren't supported by your belief? Would they change?

you didn't read it closely then. He said, what if you found out your god was not real, you had false beliefs. Leaving room for what he hasn't told you - ( that he's assuming his god is the big g. ) i answered it correctly. He needs to present the question to a muslim. I put him on the right track if he cares to go there. It's up to him.

- jeri

ok. Whatever.

""if"" you read and study god's word you will find eternal truth and proof god is real,you will find no real truth anywhere else!!

you didn't read it closely then. He said, what if you found out your god was not real, you had false beliefs. Leaving room for what he hasn't told you - ( that he's assuming his god is the big g. ) i answered it correctly. He needs to present the question to a muslim. I put him on the right track if he cares to go there. It's up to him.

- jeri

ok. Whatever.

""if"" you read and study god's word you will find eternal truth and proof god is real,you will find no real truth anywhere else!!

Gotcha. Y'all just keep them minds closed up good and tight!

Last edited:
It would change nothing because most religious people do not really believe in god but in the ideology of god.

Last edited:
i don't get this. His question isn't asking you to admit that your god isn't real - it's just a hypothetical. It's really about whether your moral convictions and values come from your belief, or vice versa. How would they change if they weren't supported by your belief? Would they change?
it would change nothing because most religious people do not really believe in god but in the ideology of god.

why allow satan to blind you and use you as his tool and fool??????????? Believers believe in god and many have died for that belief,we know god is real,we talk with god,we try to walk with god,o0h! Yes! We believe!!!

it would change nothing because most religious people do not really believe in god but in the ideology of god.

why allow satan to blind you and use you as his tool and fool??????????? Believers believe in god and many have died for that belief,we know god is real,we talk with god,we try to walk with god,o0h! Yes! We believe!!!

What if Satan has blinded YOU, and you're just not aware of it?

what if satan has blinded you, and you're just not aware of it?

try to think!!!! Do you really believe that satan wants people to believe in and love god??????????? Duh!!!!

what if satan has blinded you, and you're just not aware of it?

try to think!!!! Do you really believe that satan wants people to believe in and love god??????????? Duh!!!!
Yes, because god is actually satan in disguise. And heaven is actually hell. Don't be fooled again!!!!!!

Forum List

Back