What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

• Economic breakdown of the USA

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Financial breakdown of the USA

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Isolation of the USA in the world

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • War

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nuclear war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US civil war

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
We would have to IMPORT hugely expensive machinery, in order to revamp domestic manufacturing.
So the US exported it's industry and should never reclaim it.
And no one would sell it to us...because?
I bet you're a fan of the Wall Street Journal.

It's a matter of political/financial will. If we cut off china, iPhones would cost $3,000 until we could ramp up domestic production of components. We can make anything here, but we can make it as cheap as we're used to paying.

China trades on the order of 2 billion dollars to N. Korea.

They do nearly 500 billion in trade with us.

Which do you think they'll prefer to keep?
Your post means nothing, because without Chinese goods and parts that can not be made in the USA, or would cost 20 times more if made in the USA the US economy would totally crash, as it did in 1929
Perhaps you should think it through then.

Plain and simple. A credible threat of stopping trade with China will get China doing what we need them to do in N. Korea. The Chinese look out for themselves and a trade embargo with the US will kill them, whereas we'd be hurt, but would likely survive.

That needs to be drummed into them.

If they believe it, do you really think that an embargo will happen?

Of course, all the anti-American yahoos screaming that Trump is going to get us into a war are actually hoping he does. Because if this works, and I'm certain it will, it will make the Democrats look all kinds of stupid. Well, more stupid than they already look.

So you want Trump to turn around Chinese ships and put US companies and workers out of business. Grow up kid, this can't happen. Stop watching CNN
Kid? LMFAO. Don't be a fucking moron. You're aiding and abetting China and by proxy, N. Korea.

China will never believe we have the will to back them down and create real change in Korea, without having to fire a shot, if they see that America isn't behind America.

Time to put the big boy pants on and think of something more than just yourself.

How many shares of TSM do you own?

Big boy that you are?

Retooling would take years...what fantasy world are you living in?

The tool and die making equipment needed to make the tools, are made in China, Germany, Switerland

Not in the USA.
You admit it doesn't take years to retool...good.
And they can never be made here...ever!

Just the opposite. It would take time to import the tool and die making equipment, before we could start making the tools and does needed to retool an electronics industry.

We would have to IMPORT hugely expensive machinery, in order to revamp domestic manufacturing.
What you are asking for would actually totally crash Wall Street. So tell us what stocks do you own?
I own stocks but I care about America's future, not just myself.

It's a matter of political/financial will. If we cut off china, iPhones would cost $3,000 until we could ramp up domestic production of components. We can make anything here, but we can make it as cheap as we're used to paying.
iPhones would not cost anywhere near that and you know it.
FoxConn is constantly updating and developing new machines so knock off the bullshit.
That's what you get when you read only the WSJ and not technical publications.

Wow. an iPhone shortage. How will the REpublic survive.

I know lots of investors who care more about their assets than their children.
I'm not one of them.

iPhones would not cost anywhere near that and you know it.
FoxConn is constantly updating and developing new machines so knock off the bullshit.
That's what you get when you read only the WSJ and not technical publications.
Again we are not speaking about iphones, this concerns EVERY electronic thing you have ever touched in your life......................

Really

If you buy Dell, Microsoft and Apple which are all American companies, without Chinese parts none of those companies have any hardware to sell. Look I am not saying this is right, but it is................

Change can not happen because of NK.

Besides NK is a pig shoot, with a barbeque afterwards, the war would be over in under an hour. If NK uses a nuke it's over in seven minutes

Forum List

Back