What If We Actually Had Poor People In This Country?

I've given you the correct definition of 'poor.' There's no poverty, you dunce.

The definition of being poor is going without unable to afford the things you need. Living in squalor. There is only a semantical difference between being poor and in poverty.

Poverty is all around us. If you really think all the poor are that way because of a vote-buying gimmick by the Left, I can't help you. We are surrounded by the poor and poverty. Sometimes poverty is of the spirit. IE, the miserly. Some of the poorest people I know are rich, but have no room, no sympathy, no compassion for the less fortunate.

Like you. It takes a truly hollow, empty, destitute person of spirit to argue against the poor the day after Christmas. I pity you.
Puts me in mind of Scrooge, speaking of the poor:
  • "At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, ... it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    "Are there no prisons?"
    "Plenty of prisons..."
    "And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
    "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

That was fiction.....this is truth:

51dYqwKanIL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1. For a real-world perspective on the American ethic, find the Alan Shepard book, “Scratch Beginnings, in which the author recounts his own social experiment, at age 24, starting out at the lowest rung of the economic ladder. The question: could he conquer poverty in one year at his best efforts?
  2. He left his home with nothing but a tarp, sleeping bag, an empty gym bag, the clothes on his back, and $25. The went to Charleston, South Carolina…a city where he had never been before, and where he knew nobody. He didn’t use his college education as a resume, nor any family or other contacts.
  3. The first night he finds the Crisis Ministries homeless shelter, and, next morning, begins working odd jobs. Within a few weeks, he gets a regular job with a moving company. He moonlights on weekends to make extra money.
  4. He makes friends and contacts, and these help him to find jobs and housing…Within five months, he gets a raise from the moving company to $10/ hour. And another, to $11/hour in less than nine months.
  5. Progress was retarded by breaking his foot on the job, yet by three months he was able to move out of the homeless shelter and rent a room in a large house in an upscale part of town. (It was owned by a friend he met while working a second job on weekends.) Then, just a month later, he moved into a two-bedroom duplex with the cousin of one of his co-workers. It was a bit rundown, so the two of them spent a week-end making it like new. (His share was $325 because he took the master bedroom.)
  6. After just ten months he was living in his own furnished apartment, with his own car, and he had $5,300 in savings.
You so don't get it. Poverty is a defeating cycle, Political Chic, that starts before birth a lot of times. The young man you cite having done this social experiment can't be compared to a kid raised poor. For one thing, a poor kid isn't going to have a college education--a lot of times they don't even make it through high school for a lot of different reasons.
It's complex and it's a goddamned waste of human life.

There are people in America that are poor and some are homeless. That being said, these people are rich compared to the poverty experienced in third world nations.
You have no idea what you're talkin about. 40% of our country are poor and having a free phone with 250 minutes, a car off the road, and an old TV that is worth nothing does not mean you're not poor, brainwashed functional moron. If a person on welfare has cable they are criminal of some sort. After 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich, we have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever and in the modern world. You right wing zombies live on an imaginary planet.

The definition of being poor is going without unable to afford the things you need. Living in squalor. There is only a semantical difference between being poor and in poverty.

Poverty is all around us. If you really think all the poor are that way because of a vote-buying gimmick by the Left, I can't help you. We are surrounded by the poor and poverty. Sometimes poverty is of the spirit. IE, the miserly. Some of the poorest people I know are rich, but have no room, no sympathy, no compassion for the less fortunate.

Like you. It takes a truly hollow, empty, destitute person of spirit to argue against the poor the day after Christmas. I pity you.
  • "At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, ... it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    "Are there no prisons?"
    "Plenty of prisons..."
    "Both very busy, sir..."
    "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

1. For a real-world perspective on the American ethic, find the Alan Shepard book, “Scratch Beginnings, in which the author recounts his own social experiment, at age 24, starting out at the lowest rung of the economic ladder. The question: could he conquer poverty in one year at his best efforts?
  2. He left his home with nothing but a tarp, sleeping bag, an empty gym bag, the clothes on his back, and $25. The went to Charleston, South Carolina…a city where he had never been before, and where he knew nobody. He didn’t use his college education as a resume, nor any family or other contacts.
  3. The first night he finds the Crisis Ministries homeless shelter, and, next morning, begins working odd jobs. Within a few weeks, he gets a regular job with a moving company. He moonlights on weekends to make extra money.
  4. He makes friends and contacts, and these help him to find jobs and housing…Within five months, he gets a raise from the moving company to $10/ hour. And another, to $11/hour in less than nine months.
  5. Progress was retarded by breaking his foot on the job, yet by three months he was able to move out of the homeless shelter and rent a room in a large house in an upscale part of town. (It was owned by a friend he met while working a second job on weekends.) Then, just a month later, he moved into a two-bedroom duplex with the cousin of one of his co-workers. It was a bit rundown, so the two of them spent a week-end making it like new. (His share was $325 because he took the master bedroom.)
  6. After just ten months he was living in his own furnished apartment, with his own car, and he had $5,300 in savings.
You so don't get it. Poverty is a defeating cycle, Political Chic, that starts before birth a lot of times. The young man you cite having done this social experiment can't be compared to a kid raised poor. For one thing, a poor kid isn't going to have a college education--a lot of times they don't even make it through high school for a lot of different reasons.

Tell me, are you as willing to make excuses for yourself....?

I bet not.

"...they don't even make it through high school for a lot of different reasons."

And a major reason is Liberals telling them they can't do it, compete with all sorts of excuses.

There are people in America that are poor and some are homeless. That being said, these people are rich compared to the poverty experienced in third world nations.
You have no idea what you're talkin about. 40% of our country are poor and having a free phone with 250 minutes, a car off the road, and an old TV that is worth nothing does not mean you're not poor, brainwashed functional moron. If a person on welfare has cable they are criminal of some sort. After 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich, we have the Mworst inequality and upward Mobility ever and in the modern world. You right wing zombies live on an imaginary planet.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

CA tent cities of poor citizens, and the dems want open borders??

No Democrats don't want open borders, brainwashed functional moron. They actually want an ID card that would end it illegal immigration and work, but they are waiting for the GOP to say it is their idea, because when Democrats bring it up, the GOP hits them with a tidal wave of fear-mongering about communism LOL like in 2010.

12. There are certainly creative ways to increase, one’s assets, without the Liberal welfare system, the vote-buying system, and taking from those who have earned it.

“Last week, police in Rome arrested Roberto Cercelletta, a 50-year-old unemployed vagrant known to locals as "D'Artagnan," for wading into the famous Trevi Fountain, under cover of darkness, to rake up the coins tossed in by tourists with a magnet, a shovel or his bare hands. Italian officials said Cercelletta made up to $1,000 a night, six nights a week, in 15 minutes of frenzied thievery.”
Coins in our fountains: Following the money

Thievery?????

Not hardly.

“Witnesses reported a man taking nickels, dimes and quarters that had been thrown into the fountain as a traditional gesture of good luck or wish-making, but police said the practice of taking coins from the fountain is not against the law, the New York Post reported.”Wednesday.Sep 1, 2008
water fountain diving? - TreasureNet
www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/96592-water-fountain-diving.html

Which is more respectable…taking coins that people have tossed in a fountain, or taking the money taxes from earners?

So poor people shouldn’t have a TV? Is that how it is in North Korea?

No Democrats don't want open borders, brainwashed functional moron. They actually want an ID card that would end it illegal immigration and work, but they are waiting for the GOP to say it is their idea, because when Democrats bring it up, the GOP hits them with a tidal wave of fear-mongering about communism LOL like in 2010.

"No Democrats don't want open borders..."

Even a moron like you should be able to come up with better lies than this....

"Fat And Furious: Obama Pushes Food Stamps In Mexico"
Fat And Furious: Obama Pushes Food Stamps In Mexico | Investor's Business Daily

Put a little effort into your lies!!!!

No Democrats don't want open borders, brainwashed functional moron. They actually want an ID card that would end illegal immigration and work, but they are waiting for the GOP to say it is their idea, because when Democrats bring it up, the GOP hits them with a tidal wave of fear-mongering about communism LOL like in 2010.

Pure garbage propaganda as always.... When will the GOP allow a national ID card, the only solution that will work like in every other modern country with this problem? And stop using it as a political football....

“Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

That's true but it is also totally non-sequitur to the topic of the thread.

“Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

That's true but it is also totally non-sequitur to the topic of the thread.

Au contraire.

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address.

Welfare is destructive, but Democrats don't care as long as it buys them votes.

No Democrats don't want open borders, brainwashed functional moron. They actually want an ID card that would end illegal immigration and work, but they are waiting for the GOP to say it is their idea, because when Democrats bring it up, the GOP hits them with a tidal wave of fear-mongering about communism LOL like in 2010.

Pure garbage propaganda as always.... When will the GOP allow a national ID card, the only solution that will work like in every other modern country with this problem? And stop using it as a political football....

I get to catch you lying again?

Sure.

"Shocking US government leaflet tells Mexican immigrants they can collect food stamp benefits without admitting they're in the country illegally

"Are there no prisons?"
    "Plenty of prisons..."
    "Both very busy, sir..."

I bet not.

"...they don't even make it through high school for a lot of different reasons."

And a major reason is Liberals telling them they can't do it, compete with all sorts of excuses.
I knew you would say that, even as I typed it. You know all those evictions I talked about? That means a move, and a lot of times a different school. Try that a couple times a year--or even more--starting in first grade. That and wearing old clothes that the kids laugh at and being too hungry to think about ABC's. Thank goodness almost every school now has free breakfast. That's REAL. And so are snotty teachers with your type of attitude who look at the poor kids as nuisances or worse. THAT's a good part of why they don't care about school and will drop out in order to take some temporary poorly paid job just to put a buck in their pockets, which is a whole lot more important than learning about Ancient Rome or Algebra.

"Are there no prisons?"
    "Plenty of prisons..."
    "Both very busy, sir..."

I bet not.

I knew you would say that, even as I typed it. You know all those evictions I talked about? That means a move, and a lot of times a different school. Try that a couple times a year--or even more--starting in first grade. That and wearing old clothes that the kids laugh at and being too hungry to think about ABC's. Thank goodness almost every school now has free breakfast. That's REAL. And so are snotty teachers with your type of attitude who look at the poor kids as nuisances or worse. THAT's a good part of why they don't care about school and will drop out in order to take some temporary poorly paid job just to put a buck in their pockets, which is a whole lot more important than learning about Ancient Rome or Algebra.

You sure do come equipped with lots of excuses.

It's almost as though you see these others as some sort of
Untermenschen
German word meaning subhumans...they're just not as capable as you, eh?

You Liberals are like that, huh?

"It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived."

Why were they evicted?

Last edited:
Just for starters will go with post # 52 or any English language dictionary.
a person living in a mud hut who go's to the town well every day for water just like all or most every one else in that village is not poor by that villages standards. get it?
We live in America, a very rich country.
why do we buy millions of lottery tickets every single day, and only Democrats buy lottery tickets? because the rest no that the only way to get rich is to pull your self up by your own boot straps. could give you example after example, would not make a lick of difference, your stuck in the limited thinking that what's ever wrong is some one else's fault, caught in black or white thinking no shades of grey.

Democrats pretend that there is respectability living on their welfare, money they’ve taken from the working citizens.

But we all know that’s it’s simply a bribe to vote Democrat.

There are ways to actually earn money:

13. “If you live in a state with a bottle bill, you can earn five to ten times the amount per can that you'd earn if you live in a state without a bottle bill. For instance, if you could collect 1,000 cans per week, at 10 cents per can, you would make $100 per week.”

How to Make $100/Week Recycling Aluminum Cans - Well Kept Wallet

https://wellkeptwallet.com/making-money-recycling-aluminum-cans/

14. “How much money do homeless people make begging?
Nothing to $5–10/hr to $50–100/hr. Some reports of $200/hr & $300/hr, but my guess is those are peak-hours or lucky days.

Depends on your technique, the location, the times, and your hours.

Heard one guy in Los Angeles sold his spot (road intersection) for $25K. He was making $125K-175K/yr. If he worked 4–8 hrs/day (1,500–3,000 hr/yr), that’s $40–120/hr.

Hint: People in cars often donate bills (rather than change) - $1, $5, $10, $20, $100.” https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-do-homeless-people-make-begging

So pc how does this inboxdollars work? How do you get the money? Do they get your account info? Sounds interesting for an old guy like me....
Once you decided you have made what you want you just tell them to send it to you. I did it once...took me a bit but I got 30$ lol. It was fun at times to...pretty easy...

15. How about that…simply asking other folks for some money?

“A beggar in Oklahoma City, OK makes $60k per year, or $30 per hour average. An actual homeless person who runs a Blogspot blog stated that he makes between$15-$30 per hour, but it is usually closer to $15 per hour on average.
How Much Money Do Beggars and Street Performers Make? – My ...
www.mypersonalfinancejourney.com/income-beggars-street-performers/

How much tax do you suppose he pays?

Given the choice between begging, and applying for welfare, I contend that begging is of a higher order for this simple reason: the person to whom you are begging has the choice of giving or not giving.

Welfare is a vote-buying scheme based on coercively taking from earners, mandating that welfare.

Rule #5

Liberal government has two purposes: either ban, or mandate. Liberty, individuality, nor difference of opinion have any place in their firmament. That’s the reason for concentration camps.

You have no idea what you're talkin about. 40% of our country are poor and having a free phone with 250 minutes, a car off the road, and an old TV that is worth nothing does not mean you're not poor, brainwashed functional moron. If a person on welfare has cable they are criminal of some sort. After 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich, we have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever and in the modern world. You right wing zombies live on an imaginary planet.
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

No question...life is good when you are poor

article-2134196-12BB6FAF000005DC-442_964x635.jpg

Life is terrible when you are poorer because your parent or guardian is not spending welfare responsibly. If priority spending is shelter, food, clothing and there is a major gap, that’s poor. If that spending is mixed in with buying luxuries for yourself with the taxpayer’s dime before feeding your children, that is is just outright criminal or immoral at least.

Further, if you are taking taxpayer funds from the government for welfare, you should be subject to drug testing. People who work for the government as employees or contractors are subject to drug testing. Why or how could anyone have issue with people doing no work for the government yet receiving funds from the government, be subjected to random drug testing?
If we are going to start drug testing for receiving any government check or money of any kind from the government I want politicians and their banksters first in the lineup for testing.

We certainly should drug-test folks who accept the funds from other citizens, as in welfare....

...but, politicians?

I'm down wit' dat!

Include corporate CEOs that get government funding as well

That oughta go over big

CEOs of Government Contractors are already subject to drug testing.

Forum List

Back