What Is A "Jury of your peers"?

Says you. The generally recognized legal definition of peer is just an adult citizen in the same general area.

You're rejecting that, and insist you know better. Why are you a better source than decades of legal precedent?
No it is not defined as nor by an “adult in the area” alone

No it is not defined as nor by an “adult in the area” alone

It does. Bold added for emphasis

"In a legal context, peer most often refers to anyone who is an adult citizen, such as in “a jury of one’s peers.” Generally, a jury of one’s peers is a random selection of other citizens from a similar geographic location."

You insist that you know better than the commonly used legal definition, applied pretty much around the country.

Why should I ignore the legal definition and instead believe you?

Last edited:
Then we can agree that half the country are racists and possible Klanners. I have no interest in arguing their politics.
It's all good!
well facts are important and the fact is demofks were and are the kkk. No matter how much they wished they could get out from underneath it.

Says you. The generally recognized legal definition of peer is just an adult citizen in the same general area.

You're rejecting that, and insist you know better. Why are you a better source than decades of legal precedent?

An adult.

In a legal context, peer most often refers to anyone who is an adult citizen, such as in “a jury of one’s peers.” Generally, a jury of one’s peers is a random selection of other citizens from a similar geographic location.

These individuals do not necessarily share traits similar to a defendant’s. As such, there is no guarantee that those who hear a defendant’s case will be of a similar age, race, socio-economic background, or gender as the defendant, though these traits alone cannot disqualify someone from serving as a juror.

An adult.

In a legal context, peer most often refers to anyone who is an adult citizen, such as in “a jury of one’s peers.” Generally, a jury of one’s peers is a random selection of other citizens from a similar geographic location.

These individuals do not necessarily share traits similar to a defendant’s. As such, there is no guarantee that those who hear a defendant’s case will be of a similar age, race, socio-economic background, or gender as the defendant, though these traits alone cannot disqualify someone from serving as a juror.
post that legal linky thingy

I'm just pointing out that a jury of your peers is a crock of shit.
Yes, there's no way of escaping political corruption when choosing a jury in America. Choosing the location according to the political map is the biggest consideration by far.

Why are all of you so intent on taking down the democratic system?

An adult.

so when a child is at trial, are there children in the jury? Don't you just love how a rubberband snaps back in your puss?

I totally agree. That's why you have a jury of your peers where the jury is not tainted with bias, as well as the DA, the prosecutors, and the judge. But, I do appreciate you admitting that the trial wasn't fair because it was 100% from some deep blue, city in the North. That was very man of you to admit.
I understand your reading disability.
What I actually said was that NYC is the most populous and diverse city in the nation and populated by convicted felon Trump's eastern urbanite peers.
I apologize for not posting a remedial version just for you.
Bless your little heart.

LOL. Thanks for admitting how biased the whole thing was.

Tell that to the black person on trial. I doubt they would agree with you.
Trump isn’t black. He got 14.5% of the vote in Manhattan, which means he should have had 1 or 2 of his people on the jury, but they convicted him anyway. :dunno:

#PRISONER45

Ummmmmmmmmmm, there hasn't even been an appeal yet.

There have been numerous appeals on the case. With every single one affirming the process constitutional.

What there hasn't been yet is an appeal on the conviction.

With none of Trump's lawyers EVER arguing that there was no 'jury of his peers'. If that was a constitutional violation, why then hasn't Trump's own attorney's ever argued it?

Smiling....do you claim to know the law better than Trump's own attorneys?

Trump isn’t black. He got 14.5% of the vote in Manhattan, which means he should have had 1 or 2 of his people on the jury, but they convicted him anyway. :dunno:

#PRISONER45
1717614645333.png

Forum List

Back