Zone1 What Is Christian Nationalism?

Libs attack Christians for their beliefs

In some places the word “Christmas” is being driven from our culture and replaced with terms like “winter holiday” to appease the left

The left has tried to ban the Bible from public schools and only intervention by the supreme court allows students to have a Bible or pray silently at their desk

At least be honest about the left’s hatred toward God because I know you know it exists

In my world everyone says merry Christmas.

You don't have to worry. There will never be a state or nation that forgives murderers, rapists, and thieves. There is no nation or state that will ever prohibit divorce. You can stop worrying so much. Nobody is going to break in your house at night and force you to read the New Testament.

I find the subject of Christian Nationalism very interesting. I have a fantasy of accumulating all of David Barton's books and reading all of them over my life. I'm sure I'll never do it.

I think the Philippines prohibits divorce.

You don't have to worry. There will never be a state or nation that forgives murderers, rapists, and thieves. There is no nation or state that will ever prohibit divorce. You can stop worrying so much. Nobody is going to break in your house at night and force you to read the New Testament.

I find the subject of Christian Nationalism very interesting. I have a fantasy of accumulating all of David Barton's books and reading all of them over my life. I'm sure I'll never do it.

Italy had no divorce until recently.

Divorce wasn't legal in Italy until 1974.

What is Christian nationalism?

Christian nationalism is the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way. Popularly, Christian nationalists assert that America is and must remain a “Christian nation”—not merely as an observation about American history, but as a prescriptive program for what America must continue to be in the future. Scholars like Samuel Huntington have made a similar argument: that America is defined by its “Anglo-Protestant” past and that we will lose our identity and our freedom if we do not preserve our cultural inheritance.

Christian nationalists do not reject the First Amendment and do not advocate for theocracy, but they do believe that Christianity should enjoy a privileged position in the public square. The term “Christian nationalism,” is relatively new, and its advocates generally do not use it of themselves, but it accurately describes American nationalists who believe American identity is inextricable from Christianity.

What is the problem with nationalism?

Humanity is not easily divisible into mutually distinct cultural units. Cultures overlap and their borders are fuzzy. Since cultural units are fuzzy, they make a poor fit as the foundation for political order. Cultural identities are fluid and hard to draw boundaries around, but political boundaries are hard and semipermanent. Attempting to found political legitimacy on cultural likeness means political order will constantly be in danger of being felt as illegitimate by some group or other. Cultural pluralism is essentially inevitable in every nation.

Is that really a problem, or just an abstract worry?

It is a serious problem. When nationalists go about constructing their nation, they have to define who is, and who is not, part of the nation. But there are always dissidents and minorities who do not or cannot conform to the nationalists’ preferred cultural template. In the absence of moral authority, nationalists can only establish themselves by force. Scholars are almost unanimous that nationalist governments tend to become authoritarian and oppressive in practice. For example, in past generations, to the extent that the United States had a quasi-established official religion of Protestantism, it did not respect true religious freedom. Worse, the United States and many individual states used Christianity as a prop to support slavery and segregation.

What do Christian nationalists want that is different from normal Christian engagement in politics?

Christian nationalists want to define America as a Christian nation and they want the government to promote a specific cultural template as the official culture of the country. Some have advocated for an amendment to the Constitution to recognize America’s Christian heritage, others to reinstitute prayer in public schools. Some work to enshrine a Christian nationalist interpretation of American history in school curricula, including that America has a special relationship with God or has been “chosen” by him to carry out a special mission on earth. Others advocate for immigration restrictions specifically to prevent a change to American religious and ethnic demographics or a change to American culture. Some want to empower the government to take stronger action to circumscribe immoral behavior.

Some—again, like the scholar Samuel Huntington—have argued that the United States government must defend and enshrine its predominant “Anglo-Protestant” culture to ensure the survival of American democracy. And sometimes Christian nationalism is most evident not in its political agenda, but in the sort of attitude with which it is held: an unstated presumption that Christians are entitled to primacy of place in the public square because they are heirs of the true or essential heritage of American culture, that Christians have a presumptive right to define the meaning of the American experiment because they see themselves as America’s architects, first citizens, and guardians.

How is this dangerous for America?

Christian nationalism tends to treat other Americans as second-class citizens. If it were fully implemented, it would not respect the full religious liberty of all Americans. Empowering the state through “morals legislation” to regulate conduct always carries the risk of overreaching, setting a bad precedent, and creating governing powers that could be used later be used against Christians. Additionally, Christian nationalism is an ideology held overwhelmingly by white Americans, and it thus tends to exacerbate racial and ethnic cleavages. In recent years, the movement has grown increasingly characterized by fear and by a belief that Christians are victims of persecution. Some are beginning to argue that American Christians need to prepare to fight, physically, to preserve America’s identity, an argument that played into the January 6 riot.

How is Christian nationalism dangerous to the church?

Christian nationalism takes the name of Christ for a worldly political agenda, proclaiming that its program is the political program for every true believer. That is wrong in principle, no matter what the agenda is, because only the church is authorized to proclaim the name of Jesus and carry his standard into the world. It is even worse with a political movement that champions some causes that are unjust, which is the case with Christian nationalism and its attendant illiberalism. In that case, Christian nationalism is calling evil good and good evil; it is taking the name of Christ as a fig leaf to cover its political program, treating the message of Jesus as a tool of political propaganda and the church as the handmaiden and cheerleader of the state.

More at the link below...

What Is Christian Nationalism?

Sounds scary to me! What do you think?
I think you are easily distracted by shiny objects

Do you feel the same way about Israel? They are Jewish Nationalists. Are they not treating non-Jews as “second class citizens”? It’s a nation defined by its religion first and foremost.

Most Middle Eastern countries are “Islamic countries”, whose laws are dictated by the Quran and Sharia Law. Are Islamists “scary” as well? They treat non-Muslims as second class citizens. Are these people good or bad?
“Christian nationalism is an ideology held overwhelmingly by white Americans, and it thus tends to exacerbate racial and ethnic cleavages. In recent years, the movement has grown increasingly characterized by fear and by a belief that Christians are victims of persecution. Some are beginning to argue that American Christians need to prepare to fight, physically, to preserve America’s identity, an argument that played into the January 6 riot.”

And we see this exact rhetoric propagated by Trump supporters, Republicans, conservatives, and others on the authoritarian right hostile to individual liberty and separation of church and state.

Libs attack Christians for their beliefs
This is a lie.

To oppose the Christian right’s authoritarian agenda hostile to individual liberty and religious freedom, seeking to codify Christian dogma into secular law, is not to ‘attack’ Christians.

Indeed, the great majority of liberals are Christian – an even greater majority are persons of faith; liberals who as Christians respect other faiths and beliefs and defend the Framers mandate that church and state remain separate.

This is a lie.

To oppose the Christian right’s authoritarian agenda hostile to individual liberty and religious freedom, seeking to codify Christian dogma into secular law, is not to ‘attack’ Christians.

Indeed, the great majority of liberals are Christian – an even greater majority are persons of faith; liberals who as Christians respect other faiths and beliefs and defend the Framers mandate that church and state remain separate.
Other that warning you that your immortal soul is in jeopardy what are Christians doing to you?

That’s not a description of the Christian Religion as practiced. There just is insufficient blood sacrifice, virgin birth, original sin, and organization that sells salvation in exchange for faith until death that this organization has truth and all other organizations don’t have it.

Aquinas was a custodian of the organization Saint Ding. . His mind was great but his mind was stuck. Not his fault

Jefferson’s mind was not stuck in the Anglican Organization. He was free, not by Divine intervention . It was the material world being what it was at that time. Organized Christianity was not at the scene.

Founded as a Christian Nation is a lie.
The existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator whose existence and causal relation to the world which is essential to the foundations of natural-rights is a Christian belief. Deal with it.

“The existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator whose existence and causal relation to the world which is essential to the foundations of natural-rights is a Christian belief” Saint Ding​

All participants here need to ask Saint Ding how belief in “Nature’s God” gets Washington Adam’s Jefferson Madison into God’s Kingdom on Earth where all HIS subjects are to find eternal life as long as they believe with their heart mind and soul that Jesus Christ died on the Cross as the only begotten Son of the God of Abraham who lived in the desert of Northern Africa 5000 years ago.

Saint Ding fails to mention Divinity of Christ where it matters most in the white Christian nationalist propaganda he is promoting nit so well -intellectually that is.

Here is some For the Record stuff to be used in future engagement of public discourse, There is a lot to unwrap here and thanks for all your participation

Porter Rockwell said:
If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian. I am not going to argue what has been established as fact..

#1140 FOR THE RECORD: All readers now have a choice. Who is to be believed on the issue of whether Thomas Jefferson was a Christian or not?

(A) Porter Rockwell
(B) The finest Jefferson historians at

MONTICELLO Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

“JEFFERSON AND CHRISTIANITY

While Jefferson was a firm theist, the God in which he believed was not the traditional Christian divinity. Jefferson rejected the notion of the Trinity and Jesus’ divinity. He rejected Biblical miracles, the resurrection, the atonement, and original sin (believing that God could not fault or condemn all humanity for the sins of others, a gross injustice).10 In neither the eighteenth century nor today would most people consider a person with those views a “Christian.”
Jefferson's Religious Beliefs | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello
Jefferson's Religious Beliefs

An Article Courtesy Of The Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia. Click For More.

Thomas Jefferson’s religious beliefs have long been a subject of public discussion,

#1149 it’s exactly as I have said:

“Jefferson rejected the notion of the Trinity and Jesus’ divinity. He rejected Biblical miracles, the resurrection, the atonement, and original sin (believing that God could not fault or condemn all humanity for the sins of others, a gross injustice).10. Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia

#1140. For the record, I choose (B). How about you Correll?

Why does it matter so much to white Christian nationalists and the Republican political propaganda machine that advances white Christian Nationalism as their ideal if our first four Presidents did not believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ.

Saint Ding at least on Jefferson’s behalf is attempting to convert Jefferson to Catholic Christianity almost 2 centuries after his death on the same day as John Adams. July 4 1826, fifty years after ‘Nature’s God’ was cited in the Declaration of Independence preparing to yank the yoke of the Catholic God of European World Order off the neck of common man. An ideal not put well into practice in its early days.

He's a Muslim.

Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Madison and others of the founding generation like Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Paine and Ethan Allen. None of them believed in the divinity of Christ, or that he had died on the cross for the original sin of Adam an all the o sins committed by all mankind past present and future.

That's a lie.

https://www.history.com › thomas-jefferson-and-john-adams-dieThomas Jefferson and John Adams die | July 4, 1826 | HISTORY

Nov 16, 2009 · On July 4, 1826, former Presidents Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, who were once fellow Patriots and then adversaries, die on the same Day….

What is a lie?

Your claim that none of the names you mentioned believed in the divinity of Christ.

Washington was a Freemason.

Adams was a Unitarian

Jefferson cut up the Bible to be rid of all the Son of God, miraculous, Divinity Sin and salvation, resurrection, Virgin Birth passages.

Madison said good citizens of the new nation must have the right to decide based on their own conscience how the creator of the universe should be given respect. That’s not by accepting that the Judeo Christian Bible is the word of God.

In neither the eighteenth century nor today would most people consider a person with those views a “Christian.”
Jefferson's Religious Beliefs | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

Thomas Jefferson affirmed the existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator whose existence and causal relation to the world was essential to the foundations of natural-rights.

Just like ever other Christian believes. So yeah, he's a great example of America's Christian heritage, dipshit.

They all affirmed the existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator whose existence and causal relation to the world was essential to the foundations of natural-rights just like every other Christian believed. That's Christianity in a nutshell.

In my world everyone says merry Christmas.

Domionism is purely Christian Nationalism. It was invented by Darby around 1830?

I dont think @NotfooledbyW can prove that

Christian nationalism is an ideology held overwhelmingly by white Americans, and it thus tends to exacerbate racial and ethnic cleavages

the great majority of liberals are Christian

The existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator whose existence and causal relation to the world which is essential to the foundations of natural-rights is a Christian belief

you see color.

I see color because black Christian church goers practice their Christian religion without concern that our first four presidents did not believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Only Adam’s did not own slaves and strongly opposed slavery. He was a Unitarian. He was aghast at the belief in the Holy Trinity which includes how the Catholic Church intellectually gets to the Divinity of Jesus Christ and God Communicating His Word.

It Makes sense that our founding generation did not believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ being Divine must have never dwelling in the heart of a slave holder.

Founders Claimed A Subversive Right To 'Nature's God'​

JULY 13, 20149:51 AM ET
HEARD ON WEEKEND EDITION SUNDAY

The U.S. was not founded as a Christian nation, says historian Matthew Stewart. He tells NPR's Arun Rath about his book Nature's God: The Heretical Origins of the American Republic

Not possible. Don't you know there is a "White" Christian Nationalism conspiracy? Apparently there's even a test for it.

Last edited:
Why does it matter so much to white Christian nationalists and the Republican political propaganda machine that advances white Christian Nationalism as their ideal if our first four Presidents did not believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ.
Ask yourself that question since it appears to matter more to you

This would be the same jefferson that liberals vilify as a slave owner and worse

Libs never miss an opportunity to attack the founders of this nation

Libs never miss an opportunity to attack the founders of this nation
Where have I attacked the subversive rebellious founding generation of this nation or a singje person who fought and won the heretical right to ‘Nature’s God’ ??????

There you go again
as you understand your Holy Bible in order to be “saved” a person has to as a minimum confess they are a sinner and express belief Jesus was the ONLY Begotten Son of God who came to live among mortal mankind to die upon the cross, is a sacrifice for all sin, and then rose from the dead to prepare for coming back to establish his kingdom on earth, as it was in heaven, to the benefit of all those who believe in this story.

Jefferson in writing to his dying days basically says that story is absurd. Will he be in the Kingdom of God with you?

Last edited:
This is a lie.

Christian nationalism is like Zionism and Nazism..

as you understand your Holy Bible in order to be “saved” a person has to as a minimum confess they are a sinner and express belief Jesus was the ONLY Begotten Son of God who came to live among mortal mankind to die upon the cross, is a sacrifice for all sin, and then rose from the dead to prepare for coming back to establish his kingdom on earth, as it was in heaven, to the benefit of all those who believe in this story.

Jefferson in writing to his dying days basically says that story is absurd. Will he be in the Kingdom of God with you?
I still respect jefferson in spite of his alleged wrong-headed view and lack of faith

Forum List

Back