What is released and what is not,

They voted to release “the memo”, written by one political side only.

They voted against releasing the minority memo.

They refused to allow the FBI/DOJ a hearing to give their information.

There is something way wrong with partisan politics at this level. We should be very disturbed. :(

Extra points for anyone who can discuss this without a deflection or a whataboutism.

a couple of things -

* most of what we have heard is not about denying the content of the memo; but about how it is unwise to release it (from dems in congress and the media)

* it is super interesting that there haven't been leaks; seems we only see leaks when they are damaging to republicans in general or Trump specifically - I would say that I find that to be odd, but I don't...

* what I really want to see is the supporting documents that were used to garner the info reported on in the memo

also - here is an important set of facts; McCabe was forced to resign earlier than he wanted to. What is extraordinarily interesting about this is the black cloud surrounding his wife's failed campaign

she was given $700,000 for a state House campaign by Terry McAuliffe

McAuliffe is a known friend of the Clinton's & that amount of contribution is unheard of for her type of campaign

Couple that with the fact that McCabe was handling a part of an investigation into Hillary and BOOM

ANOTHER "appearance of impropriety"

these "appearances of impropriety" are sure starting to pile up - there are way too damn many of them, and I don't believe in coincidences

if there was truly unethical behavior in the FBI & DOJ (and it certainly appears that there was) then EVERY American should want it identified and rooted out

nobody should be in a "protected class" and nobody should be a target of government harassment because of their political views

Obviously, our Dem buds are completely oblivious to the large number of FBI demotions, early retirements and reprimands that have been RATTLING the FBI in the past month. Let's review... Ohr -- whose wife WORKED for Fusion GPS, Comey -- with all his leaking and baggage was fired. You have Strzok and Page the Romeo/Juliet pair who despised Trump YET were always there at interrogations of Clinton, her aides, and Flynn. Now there is McCabe whose wife received principle funding from Clinton associates for her political campaign..

That alone is would enough to start think "Special Counsel".. BUT -- then you have the OIG investigation that is PROMPTING all this action. The OIG is the organization "leaking" the love letters from Strzok/Page and they are hot on the heels of something very large.

MY preference would be to wait until OIG releases their report.. And to give them MORE power of subpoena and grand jury access. It's past time to empower the OIG as a permanent replacement to the inept, incompetent politicians in Congress for oversight.

There is no "clear evidence" of anything.

There is only this: one partisan side is allowed to present it's cherry picked memo.

The other parties involved - the DoJ and the minority opinion are being DELIBERATLEY SHUT UPPED.

If the memo is all fact, why would there need to be a rebuttal memo? That sounds like partisan politics. "let me explain why those people suck"..:smiliehug:
I mean, we dont even know what it says..
What if there was a REASON for it?
You are doing what you are bitching about...
Why dont ALL you people wait until the damn thing comes out?

How can we know it is all facts when it was divided on strictly partisan lines? Doesn’t that seem suspiciously one sided?

I am disturbed at the refusal to release all...it is like the Fusion GPS hearing.
:boo_hoo14:

If the memo is all fact, why would there need to be a rebuttal memo? That sounds like partisan politics. "let me explain why those people suck"..:smiliehug:

How can we know it is all facts when it was divided on strictly partisan lines? Doesn’t that seem suspiciously one sided?

I am disturbed at the refusal to release all...it is like the Fusion GPS hearing.

This came OUT of the Fusion GPS hearing. They are the folks that generated the phony "Intel product" that APPARENTLY was used to get a FISA warrant. And APPARENTLY, the FBI played a large role in COORDINATING and misrepresenting the POS political hit piece to a panel of FISA judges. We WANT to know the facts. Why don't you?

Nothing that follows any instance of "APPARENTLY" in your post above is "apparent" to me.

Those sound like rumours and conspiracy theories that you want to believe in, not "apparent" facts.

but, but, he used upper case letters!

:rofl:

the only thing that's apparent is that no one has seen the memo yet, except devin the dummy and his merry band

i'll wait

There is something way wrong with partisan politics at this level. We should be very disturbed. :(

Extra points for anyone who can discuss this without a deflection or a whataboutism.

a couple of things -

* most of what we have heard is not about denying the content of the memo; but about how it is unwise to release it (from dems in congress and the media)

* it is super interesting that there haven't been leaks; seems we only see leaks when they are damaging to republicans in general or Trump specifically - I would say that I find that to be odd, but I don't...

* what I really want to see is the supporting documents that were used to garner the info reported on in the memo

also - here is an important set of facts; McCabe was forced to resign earlier than he wanted to. What is extraordinarily interesting about this is the black cloud surrounding his wife's failed campaign

McAuliffe is a known friend of the Clinton's & that amount of contribution is unheard of for her type of campaign

Couple that with the fact that McCabe was handling a part of an investigation into Hillary and BOOM

these "appearances of impropriety" are sure starting to pile up - there are way too damn many of them, and I don't believe in coincidences

if there was truly unethical behavior in the FBI & DOJ (and it certainly appears that there was) then EVERY American should want it identified and rooted out

nobody should be in a "protected class" and nobody should be a target of government harassment because of their political views

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

I want to see the DoJ allowed to present it's side.

Then I can make an informed decision...right?
You don't get to see ALL sides. Republicans are too afraid for America to see the lefts' side.

a couple of things -

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

Why are you afraid to learn of potential corruption of historical proportions? When the TARGET of investigation IS the DOJ --- why should they have a principle veto over accusations of wrong-doing??

a couple of things -

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

Why are you afraid to learn of potential corruption of historical proportions? When the TARGET of investigation IS the DOJ --- why should they have a principle veto over accusations of wrong-doing??
There's nothing historical when it's one sided. That Republicans felt compelled to squash, not only the left's "side," but also the DOJ's rebuttal, only does them harm.

a couple of things -

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

Why shoudn't ALL SIDES have a voice here? Why are some being SHUT UP?

a couple of things -

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

You don't get to see ALL sides. Republicans are too afraid for America to see the lefts' side.

Not at all. Bring it on.. You have NO OBSTRUCTION to seeing a Minority Report. But the MINORITY is BANNING their committee members from accessing or reading the memo.. WHY do you think that is?

You LIKE the idea of Party leadership muzzling their members that way??

a couple of things -

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

Not at all. Bring it on.. You have NO OBSTRUCTION to seeing a Minority Report. But the MINORITY is BANNING their committee members from accessing or reading the memo.. WHY do you think that is?

Are they?

Why is the DoJ/FBI prevented from giving their side to Congress?

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

sure

let's pressure them to release it

what is troubling though is that Schiff is using the premise that we "have a flawed person in the White House"

it looks like they are scrambling to cover up and spin

I want to see the supporting evidence more than I want to see the memos

and I want to see democrats and the media back off and treat Trump fairly; the vitriol and teeth gnashing has been out of control

Personally, I don't think there is going to be any smoking gun. The information will likely be meaningless or at least, not anything that will give conclusive evidence of any wrong doing.

The media and the government can sit back and chuckle at the carrot they threw out, which turned out to be nothing, but got the masses to bicker back and forth, and divert our attention from some other misdeeds that are, or will be happening.

a couple of things -

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

Are they?

sounds like bullshit to me

need a link or it is

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

sure

let's pressure them to release it

what is troubling though is that Schiff is using the premise that we "have a flawed person in the White House"

it looks like they are scrambling to cover up and spin

I want to see the supporting evidence more than I want to see the memos

and I want to see democrats and the media back off and treat Trump fairly; the vitriol and teeth gnashing has been out of control

Don't you think there is cover up ALL AROUND?

I want all of it released. Not just Nunes (who ran to Trump behind his committee's back).

There is no "clear evidence" of anything.

There is only this: one partisan side is allowed to present it's cherry picked memo.

The other parties involved - the DoJ and the minority opinion are being DELIBERATLEY SHUT UPPED.
they won't be silenced

whatever they wanted to say in the memo will be discussed in their rebuttal points

DOJ & FBI present their side?

absolutely; we will likely see prosecutions come out of this and EVERY defendant should and does get to "present their side"

e5084240.gif

But, this memo was a DIRECT RESULT of information that the FBI had been withholding from Congress for over 8 months. It finally became available.. With help from the OIG investigation of the FBI. The information withheld was ALL ABOUT the FISA court warrant to spy on the Trump campaign. What it contained. Who signed off on it. ETC.. So --- there's not much doubt that'll be the focus of the information that appalled most people who read it...

In some ways the best we may be able to hope for is that the questionable activities covered in the memo were directly associated with senior staff and few judicial players.
It will be a lot easier for the FBI to recover from some poor decisions by senior staff, than any indication the problems are systemic, or filter into the lower ranks.

I would like to believe that the rank and file had little to do with any misconduct ... But who knows ... :dunno:

It's NOT a "rank and file" issue. It's an abuse of power at the top problem. May have been a crapload of political pressure to misbehave. Especially, when it became apparent that Trump just might win..

After all -- the ONLY real collusion with Russians --- is that POS "intel report" that Hillary/DNC paid RUSSIAN INTEL agents to contribute to.. THAT -- is CLEARLY "collusion with Russians to influence an election"..

The surprising election results made a LOT folks vulnerable who didn't think they'd ever be exposed. It was fight or flight.

That’s convenient.

Don't you think there is cover up ALL AROUND?

no

what are the republicans covering up?

the minority memo, by all accounts, is a rebuttal

I am sure it will also be released in the near future and I am even more certain that anything contained in that memo will be made public anyway

Forum List

Back