What is the problem with issuing a federal ID to everyone and making Voter ID a law?

We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

Now poor blacks can afford it.
LOL!

Problem # 1. Just think of the massive amount of resources it would take to process picture IDs for millions of Americans.

Problem # 2. I doubt that the Republicans in swing states would like the idea of all the people who they don't want to vote to suddenly have IDs that would allow them to vote.

Problem # 3. Considering conservatives' paranoia regarding the federal gov't, they might not be so inclined to get a federal ID.

Problem #3. & #4. might be a good enough reason to support the idea. Imagine the irony of conservatives not being able to vote due to their unwillingness to get a federal ID while minorities and liberals get to vote in droves!

Lets do it!!!

So your solution is no ID to vote. What about to purchase a firearm?

On the contrary. Instead of narrowing the definition of acceptable ID for voting, why not widen it? Any form of government issued photo ID should be acceptable. That's how they do it in Colorado. And they mail out a ballot to everyone on the voters' list.

You're not proving citizenship - that's proven in your voter registration application. You're simply proving that you're the same person named on the voters' list - same name, same address.

The only time you need to prove citizenship is if you're not registered to vote, and registering at the polling place on election day.

Problem # 2. I doubt that the Republicans in swing states would like the idea of all the people who they don't want to vote to suddenly have IDs that would allow them to vote.
HaHaHa, nice try at deflection. Try it and find out how many republicans complain. The only complaints I hear about voter ID are democrats that say it somehow disenfranchises people. Try again.
Problem # 3. Considering conservatives' paranoia regarding the federal gov't, they might not be so inclined to get a federal ID.
Again, Try it and find out. Your speculation means NOTHING.
Lets do it!!!
Glad you finally came around to logic--Now why don't you convince the rest of those idiot dimocrats.

We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

"Real ID" is a defacto federal ID.

Be that as it may, the negroes are still smart enough to have obtained one.
Minorities the young and the elderly tend to not have vehicles to get where they have to go. End of story. It will have to be free and the authorities will have to go find people....

Problem # 1. Just think of the massive amount of resources it would take to process picture IDs for millions of Americans.
Where is the problem--the feds don't have a problem putting out stimulus checks for millions of Americans. Your argument is ludicrous.

You're wrong. Hell, Republican men and Evangelicals are extremely reluctant to get vaccinated due to a distrust of the gov't. even though It could conceivably save their lives or prevent a lengthy (and expensive) hospital stay. You think they'll want to turn personal information over to the federal gov't and be entered in a federal database when a federal ID has no specific stated purpose like a drivers license does? I don't think so.

Where is the problem--the feds don't have a problem putting out stimulus checks for millions of Americans. Your argument is ludicrous.

You're wrong. Hell, Republican men and Evangelicals are extremely reluctant to get vaccinated due to a distrust of the gov't. even though It could conceivably save their lives or prevent a lengthy (and expensive) hospital stay. You think they'll want to turn personal information over to the federal gov't and be entered in a federal database when a federal ID has no specific stated purpose like a drivers license does? I don't think so.
What does vaccination have to do with voter ID? Stay on topic. The federal ID could be handled very simply--indeed it is already in place. They are called passports and Real ID. Re: your myopic and irrelevant opinion on vaccinations, why would I get a vaccine to prevent a disease that has over 98% recovery rate. I have had your faux virus, I've had worse colds. I am also in the senior age group with a heart condition. Go tell it to the lemmings--maybe they'll believe your bs.

Minorities the young and the elderly tend to not have vehicles to get where they have to go. End of story. It will have to be free and the authorities will have to go find people....
Whether they have vehicles or not is a red herring...It's next to impossible to operate in modem society without an ID.

How do they get to the grocery store? They don't have a problem getting there as you can tell by looking at most of these people that they haven't missed any meals. Voting is a sacred duty and if you have to beg these people to vote, then they aren't too interested in fulfilling that duty.

A federal ID would help law enforcement. Everybody stopped by the police would be expected to show proof of who they are.

Which is why the founders were against it, and so should everyone.
The police are supposed to mind their own business unless they see a crime or are serving a valid warrant.

Whether they have vehicles or not is a red herring...It's next to impossible to operate in modem society without an ID.

Wrong.
When I am not driving, I never carry an ID.
If I was too young, too old, or there is enough mass transit, I would never carry an ID.

The police are supposed to mind their own business unless they see a crime or are serving a valid warrant.
Having the police keep the criminal element out of our neighborhood worked well in the past. Mandatory IDs would help that enforcement.

Wrong.
If I was too young, too old, or there is enough mass transit, I would never carry an ID.
Ever cashed a check?....Opened a bank account?...Rented a hotel room?...Boarded an airliner?....Bought liquor?....Bought a gun?

Having the police keep the criminal element out of our neighborhood worked well in the past. Mandatory IDs would help that enforcement.

Wrong.
The police are the single greatest criminal element any society ever faces.
Given equality, fairness, lack of corruption, etc., then crime is never a problem.
Just ask yourself how dictatorships come about?
They all are the result of a police force that got too powerful.

Wrong.
Ever cashed a check?....Opened a bank account?...Rented a hotel room?...Boarded an airliner?....Bought liquor?....Bought a gun?

Those are private choices you can make or not.
You can decide if or when you want to do those things or not.
And yes I can cash a check without an ID by depositing it.
Yes I can open a bank account without an ID, by letting them look me up independently. It just takes longer.
I have never shown an ID at a hotel or motel.
I avoid flying, if at all possible, since I think their security is insane and illegal.
I never show ID for liquor and can buy it on the internet easily.
I can buy guns without ID whenever I want. They just then are used instead of new.

Forum List

Back