What is the problem with issuing a federal ID to everyone and making Voter ID a law?

?
We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

Now poor blacks can afford it.

So you support a federal standard for voting?
thats not a federal standard for voting,,

Sure it is. The federal government is either no way at all involved in the voting process, or it is someway involved in the voting process. A federal ID card clearly meeting that standard.

?
We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

Sure it is. The federal government is either no way at all involved in the voting process, or it is someway involved in the voting process. A federal ID card clearly meeting that standard.
and thats why a fed ID would be a bad idea,, its a state issue not fed,,,

Why do we need a federal ID to implement voter ID? I mean at this point I’d even be fine with a $50 subsidy to go and obtain an ID from your home state. Why does this need to be a federal thing?
Because a federal ID would be accepted in all 50 states, while if you move, you need to get a new state ID before you can vote.
Which is exactly what everyone should want. Registering to vote in a new State should automatically cancel out your voter registration in your old state.

You'll need to get your Constitutional Amendment passed.

Why do we need a federal ID to implement voter ID? I mean at this point I’d even be fine with a $50 subsidy to go and obtain an ID from your home state. Why does this need to be a federal thing?
Because a federal ID would be accepted in all 50 states, while if you move, you need to get a new state ID before you can vote.
Which is exactly what everyone should want. Registering to vote in a new State should automatically cancel out your voter registration in your old state.

since its a state issue no amendment is needed,,,

?

So then a federal subsidy, to obtain a state issued ID card is what is being advocated?

And does this mean that since it is being kept in the states, some states can opt for no ID requirement at all?

And since some states allow for 100% mail in voting, a federal subsidy can be allocated for all states to implement a mail in voting system?

?

So then a federal subsidy, to obtain a state issued ID card is what is being advocated?

And does this mean that since it is being kept in the states, some states can opt for no ID requirement at all?

And since some states allow for 100% mail in voting, a federal subsidy can be allocated for all states to implement a mail in voting system?
no fed subsidies,, and if a state cared about integrity they would act like it and require in person with a photo ID,,

did you know we are the only country in the world that doesnt do that??

A national ID card would be the end of freedom in America as we know it and it would turn the constitution upside down.

It's been explained why. Many times. After a while it simply gets repetitive.

The legislation is out there. It's been out there. Waiting. Schumer and Graham have been trying to get it through for a long time.

One good read through it should be enough proof to anyone what they intend to do with it once they have it. It isn't good. At all.

What I thought was really interesting about it is that the legislation specifically states that it will be left open ended so that any intelligence agency may ask for and amend to the database any and all information/data they want added to it at any time they want and for any purpose, which does not have to be disclosed.

Last edited:

So then we are once again suggesting solutions that are not solutions as there is no way all 50 states are going to agree here.

If Republicans push this, I would support it. Seems like a fair compromise.

But I doubt this will happen.

What's the problem with issuing federal licensing for gun ownership?

So then we are once again suggesting solutions that are not solutions as there is no way all 50 states are going to agree here.
they can agree on their own,, no reason to seek anothers permission or agreement,,,

I wouldn't be surprised if this is why there has been so much media focus on illegal immigration in the last several years, because you know, gotta have a pretext for the "Paperz Pleaze!" national ID card.

As someone else mentioned on the thread, Problem - Reaction - Solution.

Forum List

Back