What is the problem with issuing a federal ID to everyone and making Voter ID a law?

We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

Now poor blacks can afford it.
it should be state run only,, the fed have no constitutional authority,,,

I am fine with that. Every state issue a free ID.
its my understanding the states that require it already have a free ID for voting,, what the dems say is minorities are to stupid to go get them,,

I already have one. Why would I need to go get another one?
do you have a drivers license??

Sheesh, how many times do we have to do this? Come up with a plan and that plan is not going to be one where people ask me stupid questions.
that was a yes or no question,, why you ignored that is confusing,,, ,more so with the long drawn out response,,,

I imagine you already have a DL and choose to carry another card with you when you dont need it since the DL will work for the topic at hand,,

This has been discussed here over and over and it has nothing to do with someone coming up with a workable plan.

Whether I have a D.L. is irrelevant as many do not.
so you have one but choose to carry extra stuff for voting,,
the ones that dont have a DL have a state ID so they can function in society like to cash paychecks or open bank accounts, get on a plane or sign up for government benefits along with a long list of other things,,

sorry you narrative slapped you in the face,, AGAIN,,,

The state issued me my voters registration card and that is what I will use.
you choose what you want,, I aint your boss,, I just think its stupid since you already have a DL and can use it and not need to carry another card in your wallet all the time,, unless youre one of those idiots with a 2" thick wallet,,

My D.L. is to drive. My voters registration card is to vote.
your DL works for voting and your voter card wont work for driving,,,

so its kinda stupid to carry both when one will work,,

As I get older I may not have a D.L. All the same, it's not about me. I have a choice.
does your voter card work for cashing checks, doctors office, boarding a plane, or any of the other times you need to ID yourself??

no it doesnt,, if you quit driving you will end up getting a standard ID so you can still participate in society

Rinse, repeat. My voters registration works for me.

We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

it should be state run only,, the fed have no constitutional authority,,,

I am fine with that. Every state issue a free ID.
its my understanding the states that require it already have a free ID for voting,, what the dems say is minorities are to stupid to go get them,,

I already have one. Why would I need to go get another one?
do you have a drivers license??

Sheesh, how many times do we have to do this? Come up with a plan and that plan is not going to be one where people ask me stupid questions.
that was a yes or no question,, why you ignored that is confusing,,, ,more so with the long drawn out response,,,

I imagine you already have a DL and choose to carry another card with you when you dont need it since the DL will work for the topic at hand,,

This has been discussed here over and over and it has nothing to do with someone coming up with a workable plan.

Whether I have a D.L. is irrelevant as many do not.
so you have one but choose to carry extra stuff for voting,,
the ones that dont have a DL have a state ID so they can function in society like to cash paychecks or open bank accounts, get on a plane or sign up for government benefits along with a long list of other things,,

sorry you narrative slapped you in the face,, AGAIN,,,

The state issued me my voters registration card and that is what I will use.
you choose what you want,, I aint your boss,, I just think its stupid since you already have a DL and can use it and not need to carry another card in your wallet all the time,, unless youre one of those idiots with a 2" thick wallet,,

My D.L. is to drive. My voters registration card is to vote.
your DL works for voting and your voter card wont work for driving,,,

so its kinda stupid to carry both when one will work,,

As I get older I may not have a D.L. All the same, it's not about me. I have a choice.
does your voter card work for cashing checks, doctors office, boarding a plane, or any of the other times you need to ID yourself??

no it doesnt,, if you quit driving you will end up getting a standard ID so you can still participate in society

Rinse, repeat. My voters registration works for me.
but your DL works for that and many many more things you do in life where the voter card wont work,, if you want to carry extra stuff thats your choice,,,

The federal government issues military ID's which can be used to vote with. So how would it be unconstitutional to do it for everybody else?
Voting requires a government issued ID, it allows either federal or state.
That MIL-SPEC shit isn't any better than any of the other filth that flows out of City Hall on a continual basis.

You want us to all have to carry ID cards, comrade? Thats what they did in the USSR.
only if you want to participate in society and the activities that go along with it,,, its not a requirement if you dont,,

You want us to all have to carry ID cards, comrade? Thats what they did in the USSR.
Do you drive? Every state that I know of has government issued ID's, how do you identify yourself in a bank? How do you identify yourself for your all-important covid ID. You're a moron.

Do you drive? Every state that I know of has government issued ID's, how do you identify yourself in a bank? How do you identify yourself for your all-important covid ID. You're a moron.
keep in mind no state requires you to have an ID,, only if you want to do things that require one,,

Stimulus makes sense. Send an I'd to us. I am entitled to my voting right you ignoramus. So s nd me my ID. I was born here n this nation. I need not prove a thing.

Don't we already have a federal ID? It's called a Social Security Number, and virtually everyone that is eligible to vote has one or can get one for free.
those are issued when you are a child and dont have a photo of you on them,,

If they did have a photo of you at birth, you may not resemble it much now.
for some after a certain age its pretty close,,,
True. Fat, bald, and wrinkled at this age, just like at birth!

For the first two hundred twenty five years of this republic a national ID was anathema to champions of liberty. Still is.

Don't we already have a federal ID? It's called a Social Security Number, and virtually everyone that is eligible to vote has one or can get one for free.

and in diapers,,,

and in diapers,,,

That is true! I forgot that. My wife asked me if I wanted her to get me some as I have medication that causes instant diarrhea.

and in diapers,,,

That is true! I forgot that. My wife asked me if I wanted her to get me some as I have medication that causes instant diarrhea.
that sucks,,

Why do we need a federal ID to implement voter ID? I mean at this point I’d even be fine with a $50 subsidy to go and obtain an ID from your home state. Why does this need to be a federal thing?
Because a federal ID would be accepted in all 50 states, while if you move, you need to get a new state ID before you can vote.
Which is exactly what everyone should want. Registering to vote in a new State should automatically cancel out your voter registration in your old state.

Forum List

Back