What is the problem with issuing a federal ID to everyone and making Voter ID a law?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is why there has been so much media focus on illegal immigration in the last several years, because you know, gotta have a pretext for the "Paperz Pleaze!" national ID card.

As someone else mentioned on the thread, Problem - Reaction - Solution.

There's no doubt about it.

We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

Now poor blacks can afford it.
Sure.
Free federal ID
All you have to do is get Republicans to go for it.

We are spending trillions of dollars on these stimulus bills. Why not take some of it and issue everyone a federal ID?

What's the problem with issuing federal licensing for gun ownership?
its a constitutional right and not subject to a license,,,
So is voting.
no its not,, it took a congressional vote to get to vote..they can vote to take it away,. the 2nd comes from our humanity and cant be voted on legally,,

It's just a lie they use to ensure they can continue to steal elections they can't win with ideas.

Why do we stubbornly resist voter I.D.s? Most of the world adopted this long ago.
Must be the left looking to hold onto their illicit power.

So is voting.
no its not,, it took a congressional vote to get to vote..they can vote to take it away,. the 2nd comes from our humanity and cant be voted on legally,,

The 2nd was voted on as an amendment, and can be voted on to be amended.

That's why it's called an amendment, and not an entitlement.

Which means it can be voted to take away.

The 15th amendment, 19th amendment, and 26th amendment, are just as sacrosanct as the 2nd amendment, and can also be amended.

There is nothing special at all about the 2nd amendment, than any other amendment in the Constitution.

So is voting.

The 15th amendment, 19th amendment, and 26th amendment, are just as sacrosanct as the 2nd amendment, and can also be amended.

There is nothing special at all about the 2nd amendment, than any other amendment in the Constitution.
who can vote on it is the point,,

So is voting.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

So is voting.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
that doesnt answer my question,, or address my point,,

Conservatives have generally opposed the federal government giving everyone an ID since it expanded the power of government over individuals.

They don't need to the states have been doing it for years!

POST 9

Voter ID "disenfranchises" minorities because minorities are too stupid/poor/disadvantaged/insert disorder here/ to obtain a valid ID.

:laughing0301:

rs=w:1280
The voter suppression plans from republicans is not about voter ID.

I don't see any reason for a separate Voter ID unless they change federal voting laws to allow proof of citizenship. Otherwise, just have your DL or state issued photo ID with you.
It seems perfectly sensible to me to prove citizenship before voting. Not hard, either. Birth certificate or naturalization papers, which are required for many things these days, aren't asking for anything unusual. If it would shut up the Repubs who are sure everyone who sneaks over the border is getting in line to vote, it would be worth it.

So is voting.

The 2nd amendment does not create or grant any rights.
It just reflects that the individual right of gun ownership already existed, so then issues a total prohibition on any federal firearms laws.

Why do we stubbornly resist voter I.D.s? Most of the world adopted this long ago.
Must be the left looking to hold onto their illicit power.

Wrong.
Federal ID is how you control a population and make things like Holocausts possible.
Federal ID does not help with voting at all, since states run the voting systems, not the feds.
What I always used is my voter registration card, not an ID.
Never once in any state have I have had to show an ID.

As the average American becomes poorer there is less money for even important items like the cost of i.d.'s etc. All the money the taxpayers spent on Trump's golf games could have went towards voter i.d. costs if trump and the republicans actually wanted the poor to have voter i.d. Ain't gonna happen. One link below about voter i.d.

As the average American becomes poorer there is less money for even important items like the cost of i.d.'s etc. All the money the taxpayers spent on Trump's golf games could have went towards voter i.d. costs if trump and the republicans actually wanted the poor to have voter i.d. Ain't gonna happen. One link below about voter i.d.
So it's not enough that he donated 1.6 million dollars in salary back to the country and golfed for free on his own courses, now you want him to pay your way for an ID too. You are a lazy parasitic POS.

Forum List

Back