What Is The Republican Alternative To ObamaCare

No, what YOU refuse to acknowledge is the fact that we are CURRENTLY forced to pay for the uninsured.

Cut your BS.

And we still will be under Obamacare.
At much, much, much lower rates AND the majority of the American People will be covered by GOOD health care plans.

What seems to be the problem?

The problem? The 5 million people not being covered by GOOD health care plans. The 5 million people who may be forced to purchase WORSE health care plans at much, much higher rates.

To me the symbolism is easy. I used to breed and raise catahoulas.

The dogs are a conservative dream. The pig represents the left wingers in the nation.

My side if you keep to the bay up and you never cave to the idiots that want to be progressive conservatives always beat the pig that is the left.

Keep baying like Cruz and Lee babies. And you will and you shall own 2014 in the House and the Senate.

dj-glory2.jpg

At much, much, much lower rates AND the majority of the American People will be covered by GOOD health care plans.

The problem? The 5 million people not being covered by GOOD health care plans. The 5 million people who may be forced to purchase WORSE health care plans at much, much higher rates.

Yeah and those numbers are the only ones they have let out to date.

Silly libs. People are losing their healthcare by the millions but being proud of what is it 27,000 signed up?

So progressive. They think this is a good thing. Change. :lol:

LOL ... reading along and still seeing the left implying that Obama lied because Republicans weren't bargaining in good faith.

ROFL

Give it up. Obamacare and the nation are fucked because Democrats didn't act in good faith.

Just like how Hyde and Gingrich rushed the Clinton impeachment through because a midterm election showed their hold on power wasn't quite as tight as they hoped, Democrats rushed the ACA into law because with the election of Scott Brown they could no longer deny that America was not with them on the legislation.

Democrats could have passed legislation which didn't increase the angst of Americans and they could have not lied about it. They could have taken a path which could have brought independents into their column and thus swayed savvy moderate Republicans. They chose to do the opposite. And now Democrats want us to address the symptoms of what is wrong here and not address the illness which brought us to the current crisis point.

I have no specific plan for a replacement of Obamacare. Whatever the replacement is -- and there is going to need to be one -- it needs to be approached honestly and with an attempt to find common ground. The kind of approach the true statesman Lieberman suggested back in 2009 -- you know -- the guy Democrats reviled because he had such good sense and didn't walk lockstep with people who were bound and determined to make a bad situation worse.

Last edited:

That's not what's happening.

What happened was that insurance companies sold many people "cheap' health care plans that were sub par without telling them that.

They were "sub par" because they didn't cover much in the way of healthcare. Many had really strict caps on how much they would cover..as in they would only go up to a few thousand dollars. They sold these after the law went into effect and had every intention of canceling, jacking up the prices and blaming it on ObamaCare.

Neat trick.

It's amazing so many of you folks fell for it.

Well not really.

By the way..I am selling a bridge in brooklyn..cheap.

You can call it the TemplarKormac Bridge and charge cars to cross it.

Let me know if you are interested.

this is a crock of shit. the supreme court ruled obamacare mandate was unconstitutional they ruled it as a tax.

The PPACA contains a 'mandate'

The mandate contains a 'penalty'

The penalty was ruled a 'tax'

The Congress has the constitutional role to pass a tax.

Please try to keep informed, honest, and less hystetical :redface:

Accept this 'tax' has a characteristic that no other tax in existence has. It can only be levied against people who don't take part in an action mandated by the federal government. An action that forces them to spend money.

We can engage in semantics and sophistry all day. You and I can phrase and rephrase things over and over. One thing will NOT change: PPACA/Obamacare is constitutional today.

Who pushed for the mandate? without the mandate obamacare could not be funded.
So do us a favor dumb ass shut the fuck up.

FYI: The mandate is only one of a dozen taxes that are funding OCA. The biggest tax is the refusal to allow insurance companies to offer high deductible insurance, thus forcing the healthy to buy health insurance plans designed for sick people who have to spend a ton of money each year on health care anyway, thus are willing to pay high premiums to have lower deductibles.
Jigger what!?!?

OCA bans high deductible low premium insurance plans. For example, HSA plans. The idea with an HSA plan is you put your money in a bank account similar to a 401k plan only it's only safe interest bearing cash management stuff. When you need health care you pay for it out of your HSA account, when you hit your deductible the insurance kicks in. IOW the insurance premium is for covering big ticket items that cost more than your deductible. Typically the deductible for an HSA is around 5k for an individual and 10k for a family. But the premiums are about 5k less for the family. So the way the math works is you are healthy and don't need much health care you save a lot of money each year. Then when you are not healthy that 5k a year you were banking is then used till you meet your deductible. It's a free market solution. It's great for healthy people. Not so good for people with young kids that need a lot of doctor visits, or older people with health care issues.

When I was young I decided to forgo paying for life insurance. Instead I banked the money for life insurance in my own savings account. Now I have more in savings than would be paid by the life insurance company. Further I can use that money for health care if I so desire.

IMO Insurance is a bad bet for young healthy folks. If you went to vegas would you buy loss insurance that basically guarantees you loose, but not as much as you might loose?

LOL ... reading along and still seeing the left implying that Obama lied because Republicans weren't bargaining in good faith.

ROFL

Give it up. Obamacare and the nation are fucked because Democrats didn't act in good faith.

Just like how Hyde and Gingrich rushed the Clinton impeachment through because a midterm election showed their hold on power wasn't quite as tight as they hoped, Democrats rushed the ACA into law because with the election of Scott Brown they could no longer deny that America was not with them on the legislation.

Democrats could have passed legislation which didn't increase the angst of Americans and they could have not lied about it. They could have taken a path which could have brought independents into their column and thus swayed savvy moderate Republicans. They chose to do the opposite. And now Democrats want us to address the symptoms of what is wrong here and not address the illness which brought us to the current crisis point.

I have no specific plan for a replacement of Obamacare. Whatever the replacement is -- and there is going to need to be one -- it needs to be approached honestly and with an attempt to find common ground. The kind of approach the true statesman Lieberman suggested back in 2009 -- you know -- the guy Democrats reviled because he had such good sense and didn't walk lockstep with people who were bound and determined to make a bad situation worse.

Some of this is correct.

Democrats wouldn't have been able to pass a healthcare plan because Republicans have absolutely no interest in it.

None.

And they should say that.

They should say they want no government "interference" in healthcare.

None whatsoever..and they should run on that.

What happened was that insurance companies sold many people "cheap' health care plans that were sub par without telling them that.

They were "sub par" because they didn't cover much in the way of healthcare. Many had really strict caps on how much they would cover..as in they would only go up to a few thousand dollars. They sold these after the law went into effect and had every intention of canceling, jacking up the prices and blaming it on ObamaCare.

Neat trick.

Well not really.

You are such an incredible lying sack of shit.

Do you have any idea how much power the Insurance Commissioner in a State has?

Of course not, you're not only a liar, you're stupid.

In my State, the Insurance Commissioner is the 2nd most powerful man in the State.

And you go around selling policies to people that you haven't explained them to, that people don't understand, or that you have lied to them about, and YOU WILL GO TO JAIL.

Try it and find out what happens.

You WILL go to Jail as an Individual and the Insurance Company WILL get fined out the ass and have to make good on any claims.

You are a lying sack of shit.

But, you're a dimocrap, what else is new? :dunno:

Last edited:

Silly libs. People are losing their healthcare by the millions but being proud of what is it 27,000 signed up?

27.000 only?

Are you sticking with that number? Or do you want a lifeline.

:eusa_liar:

Last edited:

Neat trick.

Well not really.

Funny, I fail to see how every one of those 5 million people had 'sub par' plans, Sallow. Your conspiracy isn't even convincing enough to argue.

Neat trick.

Well not really.

In my State, the Insurance Commissioner is the 2nd most powerful man in the State.

And you go around selling policies to people that you haven't explained then to, that people don't understand, or that you have lied to them about, and YOU WILL GO TO JAIL.

You WILL go to Jail as an Individual and the Insurance Company WILL get fined out the ass and have to make good on any claims.

Haven't lied at all, little lady.

Those are the facts.

ROFL

I really do believe and I have talked with so many over this is that this was not a true attempt at a solution to make Health Care in America more functional on dollars spent versus the populace getting a bigger bang on their dollar.

This was the penultimate academic piece of shit legislation proving one more time, academics don't have a clue how "things work".

Consequently, this fucking sucks big time. Pardon my french but you guys are so screwed it's unreal.

27.000 only?

Fewer Than 27,000 Signed Up for Insurance on Federal Obamacare Website: White House | NBC Bay Area

Here's your lifeline. More rather, your ball and chain. 106,000 signed up period. They needed 500,000.

Last edited:
And who is pushing it?

Does anyone really believe that the Republicans want to help Americans get good health insurance?

the status quo-

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN.com
Story Highlights
•Study: More than 60 percent of bankruptcies are linked to medical bills
•Three-quarters of people with a medically-related bankruptcy had health insurance•Researcher: "You're one illness away from financial ruin in this country"
•Situation likely to worsen: study was done a year before recession

The PPACA contains a 'mandate'

The mandate contains a 'penalty'

The penalty was ruled a 'tax'

The Congress has the constitutional role to pass a tax.

Please try to keep informed, honest, and less hystetical :redface:

Accept this 'tax' has a characteristic that no other tax in existence has. It can only be levied against people who don't take part in an action mandated by the federal government. An action that forces them to spend money.

We can engage in semantics and sophistry all day. You and I can phrase and rephrase things over and over. One thing will NOT change: PPACA/Obamacare is constitutional today.

Chief Justice Roberts, writing for the Court, held while the “individual mandate is not a valid exercise of Congress’s power under the Commerce Clause and the Necessary and Proper Clause,” it is valid as an exercise of the taxing power granted the federal government by the Constitution.

Supreme Court Rewrites ObamaCare; Rules Individual Mandate Is Permissible Tax

[ame=http://youtu.be/tQMkOScXctY]Obama in 2009: "Absolutely Not a Tax Increase" - YouTube[/ame]

Neat trick.

Well not really.

And you go around selling policies to people that you haven't explained then to, that people don't understand, or that you have lied to them about, and YOU WILL GO TO JAIL.

Haven't lied at all, little lady.

Those are the facts.

You're a lying bitch.

It just doesn't happen like that. If something like it does, the customer appeals to the Insurance Department, the Agent gets investigated and probably jailed and the Insurance Company gets fined.

You are a lying sack of shit

Got links? Of course not.

Lying bitch

Neat trick.

Well not really.

Funny, I fail to see how every one of those 5 million people had 'sub par' plans, Sallow. Your conspiracy isn't even convincing enough to argue.

It's no "conspiracy theory"..that's what happened. Those policies were issued after the law went into effect.

Do you seriously think that what we had before ACA as anything perfect, that insurance salesmen were 100% honest. That at the end of the day CEO's of insurance companies were not looking at the bottom dollar.
How do they increase their profits? Explain that to us.

Keep beating the drum about personal responsibilities while citizen united has made if far easier for large companies(corporations) to buy politicians and have the laws moved in their favor.
Your typical response does not make much sense in a litigious world where money and time give those with money and power all the edge.

This is nonsensical. What junk policies? Why wouold you agree to pay for said 'junk' policy? You (the consumer) need to start taking a little fucking responsibility for yourself. You act as if you have no control over what kind of insurance coverage you have prior to Obamacare. I hate to say it people, but a big part of this problem is that consumers have absolved themselves of the rresponsibility of understanding and researching what they're purchasing. Employer based insurance is part of that problem, yes, but it's still no excuse for not figuring out how you want to handle the costs of arguably the most important facet of your life.

yes that's a problem, but at the end of the day you can't lie to people about you're selling. You can't pretend you don't have the ability to find out if your insurance company can drop you if you get sick. You can't pretend that you can't find out specifically what your policy covers. You can. The simpe reality is most people don't take the time to find out.

27.000 only?

You're the hog, I am the dog. You are a fucking liar. Why are you doing this Sallow?

You're fucked forever if you keep this up. You will have absolutely no credibility left. And yes I know the where and how you post.

Fuck you buddy. If you are still backing this bullshit there is no help for you.

mo-wf-01.jpg

Forum List

Back