What Kind of Person is Supporting Trump?

People want a moderate. I talk to so many rational successful whites who believe in capitalism but understand the value of a government that defends us from enemies at home and abroad.

American corporations don't pay better than Mexican employers because they are nice, want to or because they are patriotic.

Republicans reveal their ignorance win they suggest liberals think corporations and rich people are the enemies. They are not enemies but make no mistake they are not our friends either they don't care about us they only care about making money and themselves

Correct, just as employees could care less about the lives of their employers.

My employer is my boss. He's not my social worker. He's there to make money, and so am I.
What if your employer is making all the profits and stops giving you raises every year for 30 years?

In a good economy you could go somewhere else but the competition arguments don't cut it when we have the market flooded with workers.

I went to lunch with my pharmaceutical rep buddy yesterday. He is just happy he survived all the cuts after the bush recession. This isn't the kind of economy where you can just go to another pharma company. Then you'll have to move. Long story short is in this post 90s economy, people are stuck where they are and just glad to be working. No one has leverage to ask for a raise.

This is why trumps popular. He admits you sent too many jobs overseas
Employers make all the profits because that's why they have the business. Your pay comes from the profits. How does that confuse you? Off shore work is done because of the high costs here. What I don't get is why someone with little to no knowledge shares the misinformation so freely, it's like a self flagulation or something.

How do we get an economy where the worker can leave to go get a better wage elsewhere?
Reagan showed the country how long ago. I served businesses and there were new ones popping up every day. Sometimes the best way to get a pay raise it to start your own business.
Same old bad GOP talking point. If you don't like your job start your own business or go back to school.

So why blame Obama for the "real" unemployment numbers you put on him?

Oh, and keep in mind you dog both the unemployed and the workers. But the rich and corporations doing great and keeping all the profits, they're cool?

Your advice is good for 1% of us. What about the rest of us?

If I want to hear a Republican be honest I'll watch them attack each other. It's the only time they are honest

My employer is my boss. He's not my social worker. He's there to make money, and so am I.
What if your employer is making all the profits and stops giving you raises every year for 30 years?

In a good economy you could go somewhere else but the competition arguments don't cut it when we have the market flooded with workers.

I went to lunch with my pharmaceutical rep buddy yesterday. He is just happy he survived all the cuts after the bush recession. This isn't the kind of economy where you can just go to another pharma company. Then you'll have to move. Long story short is in this post 90s economy, people are stuck where they are and just glad to be working. No one has leverage to ask for a raise.

Employers make all the profits because that's why they have the business. Your pay comes from the profits. How does that confuse you? Off shore work is done because of the high costs here. What I don't get is why someone with little to no knowledge shares the misinformation so freely, it's like a self flagulation or something.

How do we get an economy where the worker can leave to go get a better wage elsewhere?
Reagan showed the country how long ago. I served businesses and there were new ones popping up every day. Sometimes the best way to get a pay raise it to start your own business.

I have a good friend who married a guy with a good job at a factory.

Shortly there after he lost that job.

THis guy is not a bad guy but he is not the guy to go out start his own business.

He now has a crappy job.

This has really fucked up the lives of these two people.

Yes. Some of it reflects their personal shortcomings. THat's true.

That does not mean that they are not American citizens and their their interests should not be considered in making economic policy.
My dad was a cook at Ford 1975-1995 and was able to raise two kids.

Do Republicans want to return to those days?

You left out kicking their puppies when no one is looking.
People want a moderate. I talk to so many rational successful whites who believe in capitalism but understand the value of a government that defends us from enemies at home and abroad.

American corporations don't pay better than Mexican employers because they are nice, want to or because they are patriotic.

Republicans reveal their ignorance win they suggest liberals think corporations and rich people are the enemies. They are not enemies but make no mistake they are not our friends either they don't care about us they only care about making money and themselves

I didn't send jobs anywhere. The government doesn't send jobs anywhere. Companies send jobs elsewhere.

The thing is to get into a career where there is a lot of demand. If we could stop foreigners from entering this country to work, our wages would increase and you could find a better paying job.

Not everyone can get into a career where their is a "lot of demand".

Do we ignore their interests? Do we feel a need to "punish" them with malignant neglect?

No, but we can't create jobs that people love. I wish I loved my job. I hate going to work every morning, but I have to keep a roof over my head so I do it.

The perfect job for me would be to stay home and drink beer, the problem is I can't find anybody that will pay me to do that.

My niece wanted to be a marine biologist. Why? She liked dolphins since a child. It took some work, but my sister finally talked her out of it because there are no job openings for a marine biologist that works with dolphins. She came to her senses during her first year in college.

Same old bad GOP talking point. If you don't like your job start your own business or go back to school.

So why blame Obama for the "real" unemployment numbers you put on him?

Oh, and keep in mind you dog both the unemployed and the workers. But the rich and corporations doing great and keeping all the profits, they're cool?

Your advice is good for 1% of us. What about the rest of us?

If I want to hear a Republican be honest I'll watch them attack each other. It's the only time they are honest

Trumps policies would address your concerns....

And he is the GOP frontrunner....

SEELY, COME TO THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE!

th

THis guy is not a bad guy but he is not the guy to go out start his own business.

He now has a crappy job.

That does not mean that they are not American citizens and their their interests should not be considered in making economic policy.

I do.

And so do Trump supporters.

I didn't send jobs anywhere. The government doesn't send jobs anywhere. Companies send jobs elsewhere.

The thing is to get into a career where there is a lot of demand. If we could stop foreigners from entering this country to work, our wages would increase and you could find a better paying job.

Do we ignore their interests? Do we feel a need to "punish" them with malignant neglect?

No, but we can't create jobs that people love. I wish I loved my job. I hate going to work every morning, but I have to keep a roof over my head so I do it.
...e.

Doesn't mean we can't consider policy to make them better, or at least pay better.

The perfect job for me would be to stay home and drink beer, the problem is I can't find anybody that will pay me to do that.

My niece wanted to be a marine biologist. Why? She liked dolphins since a child. It took some work, but my sister finally talked her out of it because there are no job openings for a marine biologist that works with dolphins. She came to her senses during her first year in college.
That sucks! We only have one life and we should do what makes us happy. Lots of people get marine biology degrees and who knows what can come from it. Next thing she gets her master's and she's talking with dolphins. You discouraged the next Einstein.

He now has a crappy job.

I do.

Then they shouldn't have been voting Republican all these years or not show up to midterms.

Will Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell go along? If we are voting out Republican establishment candidates, let's do it in the Senate and house too.

If Democrats fight trump they will pay. Republicans won't pay for obstructing because their conservative constituents want them to.

Id be more open to trump if the dems took back the senate

That sucks! We only have one life and we should do what makes us happy. Lots of people get marine biology degrees and who knows what can come from it. Next thing she gets her master's and she's talking with dolphins. You discouraged the next Einstein.
I hope that masters degree teaches dolphin language with it. if not she might be looking for a job at McDonalds to support herself

No. Hey, we would all love to have a job where we can love going to work, but that's not reality.

Reality is you have to get into a field where you are in demand. That's what I did and I haven't been out of work in over 25 years. And if I go to work tomorrow, piss on my bosses desk, I'll be working again by the end of the week with another company.

Long shots in employment are like long shots in Vegas or the horse track. It's very likely that you're going to lose and lose a lot of hard earned money. There is nothing wrong with chasing your dream. It's America after all. But you must secure an income first and dedicate your time to that. Then in your spare time work towards something else that you may like.

...e.

Doesn't mean we can't consider policy to make them better, or at least pay better.

I don't understand. What policy can do that?

I hope that masters degree teaches dolphin language with it.
They're working on it.

Most women go to college to find a good husband so they don't have to work.

When I was younger I had dreams of being a champion ice skater. then reality hit and had to get a real job. waaa.

No. Hey, we would all love to have a job where we can love going to work, but that's not reality.

Reality is you have to get into a field where you are in demand. That's what I did and I haven't been out of work in over 25 years. And if I go to work tomorrow, piss on my bosses desk, I'll be working again by the end of the week with another company.

Long shots in employment are like long shots in Vegas or the horse track. It's very likely that you're going to lose and lose a lot of hard earned money. There is nothing wrong with chasing your dream. It's America after all. But you must secure an income first and dedicate your time to that. Then in your spare time work towards something else that you may like.
When I graduated I wanted to go into a field but you had to do free intern to get your foot in the door. Sucked because I had to take a job I didn't love because it paid.

If Howard Stern took his dad or your advice he wouldn't be who he is today. You have to be able to work for next to nothing for a while to make it in radio.

I know a girl who's the night DJ on a Detroit radio show. She was my assistant part time to pay her bills and debt off.

She is sacrificing big time to do what she loves. Got to respect that.

I used to think everyone on the radio was rich but not so. Very middle class or poor

He now has a crappy job.

I do.

Then they shouldn't have been voting Republican all these years or not show up to midterms.

Will Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell go along? If we are voting out Republican establishment candidates, let's do it in the Senate and house too.

If Democrats fight trump they will pay. Republicans won't pay for obstructing because their conservative constituents want them to.

Id be more open to trump if the dems took back the senate

THe Dems have and still support the Trade and Immigration policies that have been driving Middle Class stagnation, so that's not a reason to support dems.

The way you turned out? Fuck no.
Ten months my home paid off I'm 45. Live on a lake, living the dream. I just understand Ford paid well because a union made them. And non union companies paid better for fear of unionization and competition with union wages.

As unions have disappeared wages have declined. No coincidence

He now has a crappy job.

Who said they were bad or not American? Their station in life will not improve until the economy improves and employers will pay more for good help and pay to keep them, and will have more money to do it. The economy won't improve until government gets off the backs of business, especially small business.

Forum List

Back