What Parents of Down Syndrome Kids Get About Sarah Palin That Others Don’t

I'm atheist, could care less about the queers and believe in pro-choice which includes the right to NOT abort

pro-choice works both ways dumbass

yes, I guess it does. And you guys will make sure that we pay for your choices, that's for sure.

So we'll spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on "Special Needs" education for these kids while the needs of poor children are neglected.

DS is not a disease. Why don't you read about it?

I have. and when you get past all the politically correct nonsense, that's exactly what it is.
So, you have trouble differentiating between scientific fact and political correctness. What a retarded individual you are!

Had your parents predicted this, they would have aborted your sorry ass!

I see the whole "Coherent argument" is lost on you.
Coherent argument is not based on misrepresentation and lies. You are full of both.

So, you have trouble differentiating between scientific fact and political correctness. What a retarded individual you are!

Had your parents predicted this, they would have aborted your sorry ass!

Uh, no, guy, Syndromes are diseases. sorry you can't get that.
You are truly and irreversibly fucked up!

DS is a genetic disorder and there is no way to prevent it.

Last edited:
most women I know who've had abortions have them because they don't want babies at all.
<><><><><><>
in that scenario, they need to strap their fucking legs together or be fitted with an "Iron Maiden"

joe.., you are a classic :asshole:

:up_yours:

Wildman

You first.

Seriously, it just amazes me that some men still don't know that it takes two to make a baby.

Last edited:
I'm atheist, could care less about the queers and believe in pro-choice which includes the right to NOT abort

pro-choice works both ways dumbass

yes, I guess it does. And you guys will make sure that we pay for your choices, that's for sure.

So we'll spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on "Special Needs" education for these kids while the needs of poor children are neglected.

I don't know one parent that would have chosen to have a special needs child.

Sure there is.

1) Don't have babies after 35.
2) Get a genetic test, and if that test shows 47 chromosones, abort.
Again you prove that you don't read well. Over 80% of DS births are to women under 35.

Look, stonehead...it is useless to try to convince you of the truth. You will likely interpret my quitting this thread as a victory for you. Dream on to your heart's content. You are a fucked up dude!

Again you prove that you don't read well. Over 80% of DS births are to women under 35.

Look, stonehead...it is useless to try to convince you of the truth. You will likely interpret my quitting this thread as a victory for you. Dream on to your heart's content. You are a fucked up dude!

Actually, I showed a graph in a previous post that shows that most DS births are women over 39.

prevalence-chart.jpg

Also, someone should have explained to you at an early age that appeals to emotion are not an argument.

th

Sure there is.

1) Don't have babies after 35.
2) Get a genetic test, and if that test shows 47 chromosones, abort.

what's the genetic test for mental retardation or autism joe?

eta: millions are spent on special education services over and above gen ed. I estimate 5 times the amount for a regular ed student and I'm being conservative

as age of the mom increases so does the risk of having a special needs child. That is accurate

Last edited:

We don't have those yet. someday we will.

eta: millions are spent on special education services over and above gen ed. I estimate 5 times the amount for a regular ed student and I'm being conservative

Yes they are. and is that wise? Are we doing it to give them a quality of life that is normal, or just to make ourselves feel better. And could those resources be used on let's say, a poor kid with no disabilities who is reading from a 15 year old used textbook with missing pages who can't concentrate because his classroom has a broken heating system.

Our Special Ed policy is a overreation to the horrible days when we warehoused the disabled when their parents could no longer handle them. We've just gone to the other extreme.

as age of the mom increases so does the risk of having a special needs child. That is accurate

I'm glad to see you are not totally immune to science.

Yes they are. and is that wise? Are we doing it to give them a quality of life that is normal, or just to make ourselves feel better. And could those resources be used on let's say, a poor kid with no disabilities who is reading from a 15 year old used textbook with missing pages who can't concentrate because his classroom has a broken heating system.

Our Special Ed policy is a overreation to the horrible days when we warehoused the disabled when their parents could no longer handle them. We've just gone to the other extreme.

yes, an over-reaction. The problem is IDEA is an unfunded mandate here to stay. What can you do otherwise?

Special ed teachers are often expected to do the impossible which is cure them.

A parent asked me last month " do you think he will ever be married?" I was honest and said I did not believe any woman would want to accept that responsibility. The mom cried.

Her child is severely autistic. He can feed himself, dress himself, toilet, shower, brush his teeth, is mobile. Beyond that?

no so much.

He will be in my classroom for 6 1/2 more years until he ages out. I don't know wft I'm going to do with him until he ages out of the school system. He screams and hollers and waves his arms when he gets agitated. He speaks one word sentences or repeats what you say to him(echolalia) he is not a candidate for competitive employment, but we are obligated to work toward that.

then there is the student that has siezures.............

yes, an over-reaction. The problem is IDEA is an unfunded mandate here to stay. What can you do otherwise?

A parent asked me last month " do you think he will ever be married?" I was honest and said I did not believe any woman would want to accept that responsibility. The mom cried.

Her child is severely autistic. He can feed himself, dress himself, toilet, shower, brush his teeth, is mobile. Beyond that?

no so much.

He will be in my classroom for 6 1/2 more years until he ages out. I don't know wft I'm going to do with him until he ages out of the school system. He screams and hollers and waves his arms when he gets agitated. He speaks one word sentences or repeats what you say to him(echolalia) he is not a candidate for competitive employment, but we are obligated to work toward that.

But would you have killed him? With all the hardship is he at least deserving life?

Actually, I showed a graph in a previous post that shows that most DS births are women over 39.

prevalence-chart.jpg

Also, someone should have explained to you at an early age that appeals to emotion are not an argument.
That has already been refuted. Nice try! :dev3:

no so much.

But would you have killed him? With all the hardship is he at least deserving life?

there was no way the parents could have known, had they known????
the kid has no burdens in life, it's those around him that suffer.

the parents will have the burden until they die and then the sister. Until he reaches age 22, in 2021, I get paid to deal with him 5 days a week. Someone needs to do it.

Forum List

Back