“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

Dollars to Doughnuts, the kid was on a prescription SSRI antidepressant. So, if you have a point, make it.

Sorry to bust our bubble but he wasn't. He was just a misaligned kid going for a record. It was so simple it's scary. The record for the US stands at 58.

And you have a link he wasn't on an SSRI?

PRODUCE IT

It was not mentioned in the police report which was local only. And you can't prove if he was if he wasn't. You want proof, you fly here and ask him. He ain't going anywhere. You will find him in Buena Vista, Colorado until he is 21 and then Pueblo Colorado probably for the rest of his life.

Just another, I said so, now I can't back it up.

I can't back up why you have the lack of those cites. Only you can back up why you have the lack of those cites. I don't answer for you. I ain't your Daddy. If I were, you would either have learned better or would have been drowned in the creek behind the outhouse.

Then go get your own, not funded by the same pharma that sells em.

You ain't to bright are ya.

Same old lazy ass libs. Wanting everyone else to do their work for em.

Yes, Oxford university, the British Journal of Medicine, Mother Jones and the Huffington Post, all of which I cited in this, and many other threads, are Right Wing Trash?

Folks, you just can't make this shit up!

Except the British Journal of Medicine didn't say what you say it said. Neither did Mother Jones. And neither did Huffington Post. Sprinkling in those names into an article doesn't mean they actually said anything that you want them to say. Now, if you actually have a cite back to them then that's another thing. Your crackpot sites are famous for this behavior.

LINKS

I can't give link to links you didn't give. You give the links that they did. I already looked, they just aren't there. Well Cupcake, Fact Checking done over here and your 74% BS rate just went to 75%.

And you have now run away again. I'm not going back and give you links over and over and over again.

You are simply boring.

considering you never gave them, you aren't giving them over and over. What you are doing over and over is claiming that you have.

Dispute the ones given dumbass

Quit your yappin and get the hell to work

Yes, Oxford university, the British Journal of Medicine, Mother Jones and the Huffington Post, all of which I cited in this, and many other threads, are Right Wing Trash?

Folks, you just can't make this shit up!

Except the British Journal of Medicine didn't say what you say it said. Neither did Mother Jones. And neither did Huffington Post. Sprinkling in those names into an article doesn't mean they actually said anything that you want them to say. Now, if you actually have a cite back to them then that's another thing. Your crackpot sites are famous for this behavior.

LINKS

I can't give link to links you didn't give. You give the links that they did. I already looked, they just aren't there. Well Cupcake, Fact Checking done over here and your 74% BS rate just went to 75%.

And you have now run away again. I'm not going back and give you links over and over and over again.

You are simply boring.

considering you never gave them, you aren't giving them over and over. What you are doing over and over is claiming that you have.

There's one up the page to an Oxford University study. Go get it Cowboy!

hmmmmm, why would Big Pharma pay such huge settlements if SSRI's were safe:

Big Pharma Paid Millions in Secret Settlements After Antidepressants Linked to Mass Murder

Lawsuit Over a Suicide Points to a Risk of Antidepressants

WOW:

And This:

FROM THE ULTRA LEFT HUFFINGTON POST NO LESS:

Is it Drugs Not Guns that Cause Violence? | HuffPost

An excerpt:

"Below are some of the mass-murderer statistics (thanks to Deborah Merlin and her book, Victory Over ADHD ):

The Virginia Tech shooter murdered thirty-two. Cho was prescribed the antidepressant drug Prozac prior to his rampage.

Jeffrey Weiss went on a shooting rampage on March 21, 2005, at Red Lake High School that left ten dead, including him. Earlier that day, Weiss had killed his grandfather and his grandfather’s girlfriend. He was on Prozac and the dosage had recently been increased.

Eric Harris, one of the killers at Columbine High School, was on the antidepressant drug Luvox. Court records show that the prescription for Harris had been filled ten times between April 1998 and March 1999.Three and a half months before the shooting, the dosage had been increased. The Physician’s Desk Reference records show that during controlled clinical trials of Luvox, manic reactions developed in 4 percent of the children given the drug.

In Houston, Texas, Andrea Yates drowned her five children while taking Effexor and Remeron.

Christopher Pittman shot and killed his grandparents at age twelve. He claimed a voice inside his head told him to kill his grandparents on November 28, 2001. Christopher had recently started to take Zoloft to treat mild depression."

BUT YET MORE FROM HUFFINGTON? HOW CAN THIS BE:

"

"A common thread amongst the most horrific school shootings of the past 25 years is that the majority of the shooters were taking a psychiatric medication.

As a psychiatrist who is all too familiar with this issue, I am dismayed at this oversight, and believe that these tragedies should also contain some lessons going forward - both for the public and for prescribing doctors.
These drugs do not always cause violent behavior, of course, and in many cases, they are used to treat it. However, certain medications, such as Prozac, have been linked to increase risk for violent, and even homicidal behavior. Several of the most tragic cases of violent murder by prescription takers should be noted."

Nope, look the other way, cuz ignoring the obvious allows you to continue chanting........ NRA NRA NRA

Big Pharma Paid Millions in Secret Settlements After Antidepressants Linked to Mass Murder

WOW:

And This:

An excerpt:

"Below are some of the mass-murderer statistics (thanks to Deborah Merlin and her book, Victory Over ADHD ):

The Virginia Tech shooter murdered thirty-two. Cho was prescribed the antidepressant drug Prozac prior to his rampage.

Jeffrey Weiss went on a shooting rampage on March 21, 2005, at Red Lake High School that left ten dead, including him. Earlier that day, Weiss had killed his grandfather and his grandfather’s girlfriend. He was on Prozac and the dosage had recently been increased.

Eric Harris, one of the killers at Columbine High School, was on the antidepressant drug Luvox. Court records show that the prescription for Harris had been filled ten times between April 1998 and March 1999.Three and a half months before the shooting, the dosage had been increased. The Physician’s Desk Reference records show that during controlled clinical trials of Luvox, manic reactions developed in 4 percent of the children given the drug.

In Houston, Texas, Andrea Yates drowned her five children while taking Effexor and Remeron.

Christopher Pittman shot and killed his grandparents at age twelve. He claimed a voice inside his head told him to kill his grandparents on November 28, 2001. Christopher had recently started to take Zoloft to treat mild depression."

"

"A common thread amongst the most horrific school shootings of the past 25 years is that the majority of the shooters were taking a psychiatric medication.

As a psychiatrist who is all too familiar with this issue, I am dismayed at this oversight, and believe that these tragedies should also contain some lessons going forward - both for the public and for prescribing doctors.
These drugs do not always cause violent behavior, of course, and in many cases, they are used to treat it. However, certain medications, such as Prozac, have been linked to increase risk for violent, and even homicidal behavior. Several of the most tragic cases of violent murder by prescription takers should be noted."

Nope, look the other way, cuz ignoring the obvious allows you to continue chanting........ NRA NRA NRA
Thank the Repubtards for pushing those drugs & guns to mental defectives!

Fewer crazy people with access to Guns = Less Violent Crime!
cqmkteoqjk20masgt0vp7q.png

U0YlrTTCYi550Z4py1MNVenNt-E1oi5vqbMX2nSIAvMVfGW-XDI9VOPjUOa9wKI7fnxsoWyv7kLrHKfJg7iMGIpDNvNC99uBoQXMbuTEqsqTzvYVcBkSKamYcIRn7E0bTHAFop3w

Fewer crazy people with access to Guns = Less Violent Crime!
cqmkteoqjk20masgt0vp7q.png

U0YlrTTCYi550Z4py1MNVenNt-E1oi5vqbMX2nSIAvMVfGW-XDI9VOPjUOa9wKI7fnxsoWyv7kLrHKfJg7iMGIpDNvNC99uBoQXMbuTEqsqTzvYVcBkSKamYcIRn7E0bTHAFop3w

I've repeatedly said that, anyone who voluntarily goes on an SSRI antidepressant should immediately have all weapons from the home removed until 3 months after the final treatment. That includes guns, sharp and blunt objects. The gas turned off as well as the water.

WOW:

And This:

An excerpt:

"

And thank the loony left for their undying support of Big Pharma (but only when it's pointed out that antidepressants are the cause of mass shootings)

Do you understand that the number of kids killed by a rifle in a school over 35 years is less than the number of kids killed by lawnmowers...every single year...

And again....the rifle is not the weapon of choice of mass shooters...that would be the pistol.....

You don't "know" anything......a google search does not support what you say.....that is why you are not taken seriously....
nonsensical and boring
I found his comment on point. Allow me to attempt to convince you as to why:

I assume your motive for wanting to remove all gun ownership is to promote safety, particularly the safety of children.

You want to ban an inanimate object to protect children.

Doing so will create a precedent or standard that can be applied globally to other objects that harm children, like lawnmowers. In your effort to get the desired result, you will have created unintended consequences.

It goes a lot deeper than that, but you can see the serious concern, can you not?

Using your logic, we can also stop having child proof medical tops, child proof household chemical tops, and all that unnecessary things that cost us money to have on our products. And of course, the use by dates, you know how much that costs us at the market. And those stupid Children Seats, Seat and Shoulder Belts, Collision Bags in Cars, Neutral Switches, any form of warning buzzers and more. All of these just cost us money, lots of money. My old 53 Roadmaster didn't have a single one of these and I survived. Of course, the size of that beast, everyone was too afraid to come within a country mile of it. The problems were, the deaths per capita were out of control as the speeds came up on the highways. The deaths of children in accidents were out of control. You might think you were safer in your most recent Mastodon of Detroitness but when you smacked into another mammothed one, all bets were off. When the earth stopped shaking, you just picked up the body parts (those that you could find) and hauled them off. Today, we have almost a 100% chance of survival in an accident in a car that once would have killed everyone involved. It's not just you that's out there, it's also other people. The Government did force those changes and they were "Painful" to the car industries if you listen to them at them at the time but it was necessary to save lives. And that is what we are trying to do for the Mass Shootings. Minimize the body counts.

We will never stop the mass shooting completely. But we can minimize the body counts. Yes, there are other ways to kill enmass but the new sexy way is with a gun. And the new record is 58 and the new record holder is the AR-15 in a 19 year old hands. Yes, the record is held by a 40is person but it gives the 19 year old a goal to exceed. If you are looking for a medical cure for this, don't. There isn't one. If you are looking for a way that Society can stop this by it's actions, don't, it just isn't there. Just look at the target words. AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag. Those are the only 3 things we can control. Nothing else.

Lawn mowers kill more people every single year than mass shooters do with AR-15 civilian rifles..... do you want to ban lawn mowers....the deadlier of the two objects?

And the biggest body count wasn't done with an AR-15 civilian rifle, it was done with a rental truck...which is a lot cheaper than the 2 rifles and 1,000 rounds of ammo the Vegas shooter had to use to murder 58....the muslim terrorist in Nice, France murdered 86 with a rental truck, in 5 minutes of driving..

The Waffle house shooter with an AR-15 civilian rifle murdered 4 and injured 4.......

The Toronto van driver murdered 10 and injured 15.....

AR-15 civilian rifles can't compare to driving into a crowd of people.......

You can't control guns, as Britain shows...as France, Australia and Sweden show...and you can't control them by targeting law abiding gun owners.

If you really want to stop gun murder..... lock up repeat violent gun offenders for 30 years..... tell the democrats to stop letting violent gun offenders out of jail with less than 3 years served...that is how you stop the 99% of gun murder in this country....

Hey, where's Synthaholic go? Taking her antidepressants?
What kind of gun was used in the Las Vegas mass murder?

Google is your friend, and while googling, let us ALL know what guns were used at the Virginia Tech shootings, K?

It took him almost 3 hours to get those kills. They were isolated in many areas from the Dorms to the Classrooms. His was the first which gained him a high body count. The School, Community and Cops weren't prepared for anything like that. It never entered into their imagination that something like that could happen. Today, it's not so easy. Instead of 17 dead like he ended up with, he might end up with maybe 3 before they bagged him, cornered him and either shot him, he surrendered or he shot himself. They would not have stopped him today but they would have reduced the body count. And that is all you can do.

So, the 17 year old couldn't have used used semi automatic pistols and rack up the same, if not more kills. Is that what you are trying to sell?

Nice try, but everyone knows that Bridge, ain't for sale, and no ones gonna buy it. Take away the antidepressants, and a whole lotta people are alive today that are now 6 foot under.

Sad, but true.

You just can't face it that you aren't going to win this one. We have had at least one near mass shooting here. It was stopped by an alert community. The 17 year old was apprehended before he got to the school gate by the cops who overwhelmed him with force and didn't give him time to get his mind together enough to get his weapon out. You see, walking down a sidewalk in a long coat with a bulge under it and it's not raining isn't exactly normal. Someone has to see it. If the Community doesn't report it, the kid makes it to the school and the school has things in place to keep the body count down, not to stop the initial shootings. But it was stopped before it reached the gates by a concerned citizen calling it in. The 1000 foot rule of no guns around a school was taken seriously and it paid off. This did not make the Nation News. No mention of it on Fox News or CNN. Nothing. His weapon of Choice? An AR-15 style weapon he "Borrowed" from his Dad along with 3 30 round mags. His reason given? He was going for the record. It wasn't even his school. Was he on any prescription drugs? None. I wonder how many other almost happenings like that are thwarted and not reported each day on the national news.

The 1000 foot rule of no guns around a school was taken seriously and it paid off.

With that statement I have to ask...are you insane? This shows that you are not a serious human being...

Google is your friend, and while googling, let us ALL know what guns were used at the Virginia Tech shootings, K?

It took him almost 3 hours to get those kills. They were isolated in many areas from the Dorms to the Classrooms. His was the first which gained him a high body count. The School, Community and Cops weren't prepared for anything like that. It never entered into their imagination that something like that could happen. Today, it's not so easy. Instead of 17 dead like he ended up with, he might end up with maybe 3 before they bagged him, cornered him and either shot him, he surrendered or he shot himself. They would not have stopped him today but they would have reduced the body count. And that is all you can do.

If they armed some staff and teachers they wouldn't be attacking schools any more....we know this from actual mass shooters who state they picked democrat gun free zones so that no one could stop them....

You have it all wrong.... you stop this by making the target, not a target, and you do that by letting the mass shooters know someone will shoot back....

When a crazy decides to go on a rampage, and kill as many as they can do they chose bolt action, lever, or pump gun? No, they chose an assault weapon, with a fast reloadable magazine. Since Columbine we have seen multiple mass murders. The ones that have the highest kill rates are done with AR type weapons. Requiring a special license to own one of these would help considerably in keeping the assault weapons out of the hands of the crazies. However, you absolutists will create a situation where we have gun control laws that affect even the weapons I have. It is you, and those like you are a danger to my right to own a weapon.
Assault weapon?
You obviously know nothing and are just a liberal parrot.
No one, repeat NO ONE would go into a fire fight with a glorified 22LR, and, THAT IS WHAT AN AR15 IS.
You are an idiot.

Yet we have had millions of GI go into fire fights with that "Glorified 22LR". Except it's not a 22LR. It's a 223/556 high velocity rifle cartridge originally designed to kill or wound Human Beings long before it was introduced in a sporting rifle. Let' s look at the specs on the two.

22 long rifle
.22 caliber
40 grain
1200 fps
131 ft lbs
Used by many boyscouts as their first gun.

AR15
Comes in two varieties but we will lump them together for time restraints
.223/.556 Caliber
55 grain
3240 fps
1282 ft lbs
Used primarily by Military

Wow, that's some Glorification you have there, Grandma.

AR15
.223/.556 Caliber
55 grain
3240 fps
1282 ft lbs

When did the military start using the AR-15?

WOW:

And This:

An excerpt:

"

And thank the loony left for their undying support of Big Pharma (but only when it's pointed out that antidepressants are the cause of mass shootings)
Big Pharma Patent Extensions Bankrupting the USA is supported by the Republicans on the Take! Reagan Republicans closed down most Mental Institutions & had the Mental Defectives turned lose on zombie drugs to kill US citizens. Reagan's CIA pushed drugs into cities & gangs. Crime rate soared to ALL TIME HIGH under Reagan / Bush. Clinton Reduced Crime more than Any President in History!!!

WOW:

And This:

An excerpt:

"

Big Pharma Patent Extensions Bankrupting the USA is supported by the Republicans on the Take! Reagan Republicans closed down most Mental Institutions & had the Mental Defectives turned lose on zombie drugs. Reagan's CIA pushed drugs into cities & gangs.

hmmmmmmm, then why aren't the left all pissed off about Big Pharma creating Monsters that shoot up schools?

Too busy watching funny cat videos on youtube?

WOW:

And This:

An excerpt:

"

Big Pharma Patent Extensions Bankrupting the USA is supported by the Republicans on the Take! Reagan Republicans closed down most Mental Institutions & had the Mental Defectives turned lose on zombie drugs. Reagan's CIA pushed drugs into cities & gangs.

hmmmmmmm, then why aren't the left all pissed off about Big Pharma creating Monsters that shoot up schools?

Too busy watching funny cat videos on youtube?
Crime rate soared to ALL TIME HIGH under Reagan / Bush. Clinton Reduced Crime more than Any President in History!!!

A plain old semiautomatic rifle no different than any semiautomatic rifle that has been available to the public for over 100 years
A plain old semiautomatic rifle no different than any semiautomatic rifle that has been available to the public for over 100 years
Love it, do you want to know why gun bubbas will always lose , because they only deal in lies , distortions or half truth, here's his normal semiAutomatic weapons
Screenshot from 2018-04-26 15-47-46.jpg

If they armed some staff and teachers they wouldn't be attacking schools any more....we know this from actual mass shooters who state they picked democrat gun free zones so that no one could stop them....

You have it all wrong.... you stop this by making the target, not a target, and you do that by letting the mass shooters know someone will shoot back....
What a comedy act, Police hit their target in a gun fight 18% of the time, Even when the armed criminal wont shoot back cops still only hit their target 30% of the time. gun bubba teacher with a building full of kids will probably hit their target 1% of the time and the other 99 bullets will be puked all over the school that is packed full of kids. Great Idea , what a laugh.

When a crazy decides to go on a rampage, and kill as many as they can do they chose bolt action, lever, or pump gun? No, they chose an assault weapon, with a fast reloadable magazine. Since Columbine we have seen multiple mass murders. The ones that have the highest kill rates are done with AR type weapons. Requiring a special license to own one of these would help considerably in keeping the assault weapons out of the hands of the crazies. However, you absolutists will create a situation where we have gun control laws that affect even the weapons I have. It is you, and those like you are a danger to my right to own a weapon.
Assault weapon?
You obviously know nothing and are just a liberal parrot.
No one, repeat NO ONE would go into a fire fight with a glorified 22LR, and, THAT IS WHAT AN AR15 IS.
You are an idiot.

Yet we have had millions of GI go into fire fights with that "Glorified 22LR". Except it's not a 22LR. It's a 223/556 high velocity rifle cartridge originally designed to kill or wound Human Beings long before it was introduced in a sporting rifle. Let' s look at the specs on the two.

22 long rifle
.22 caliber
40 grain
1200 fps
131 ft lbs
Used by many boyscouts as their first gun.

AR15
.223/.556 Caliber
55 grain
3240 fps
1282 ft lbs

Wow, that's some Glorification you have there, Grandma.

AR15
.223/.556 Caliber
55 grain
3240 fps
1282 ft lbs

When did the military start using the AR-15?
Lots more bullets can be carried and it is a real hamburger maker. They are light and full of little tricks that makes hamburger without breaking geneva. That's both the gun and ammunition.

What a comedy act, Police hit their target in a gun fight 18% of the time, Even when the armed criminal wont shoot back cops still only hit their target 30% of the time. gun bubba teacher with a building full of kids will probably hit their target 1% of the time and the other 99 bullets will be puked all over the school that is packed full of kids. Great Idea , what a laugh.

Mass shooter who are captured and those who are dead but leave their notes....state they choose gun free zones as their targets...and change targets if they find out there will be armed people at the location....so, doofus.....by arming some staff and placing armed guards....you stop the attack from ever happening.....

And again, as actual experience shows....once a mass shooter is confronted by armed resistance....either police or...yes...armed citizens...they commit suicide, surrender or run away....so merely having an armed staff member confront the attacker would more than likely end the attack...just like at the Waffle House, or Sandy Hook, or Colorad.....or any number of other mass shootings that ended as soon as good people with guns showed up..

It would help in these discussions if you did some basic research....

Love it, do you want to know why gun bubbas will always lose , because they only deal in lies , distortions or half truth, here's his normal semiAutomatic weapons
View attachment 190126

Yes....dumb ass....that rifle is the same rifle as the other, over 8 million other AR-15 rifles that were not used to shoot anyone that day, and it is no different from the over 16 million semi automatic rifles in private hands of all types...

Again....it would be a big help if you did some basic research....

Forum List

Back