“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

Fixed:

“What Percentage Of MASS Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

NEARLY 100%

Not even close, but don't let facts that may save lives get in the way of ideology.
Name one that wasn’t, dope.

Virginia Tech Shootings Fast Facts - CNN

September 11 attacks - Wikipedia

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia

Was that enough, or do you need more?
Bombs and planes. I accept your surrender.

Fixed:

“What Percentage Of MASS Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

NEARLY 100%

Not even close, but don't let facts that may save lives get in the way of ideology.
Name one that wasn’t, dope.

Virginia Tech Shootings Fast Facts - CNN

September 11 attacks - Wikipedia

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia

Was that enough, or do you need more?
Bombs and planes. I accept your surrender.

Cindy's trying to be cute.

Go ahead mushmouth.......

Here's the game the moron plays. If gun's don't kill people, then how can bombs and planes?

What a fucking child you are. Did yet get a woody in your panties while typing that?

Tell me you piece of trash, Did the Federal Government sentence a Rider Truck to Death, or Timothy McVeigh?

Did the US bomb Afghanistan, or Boeing & American Airlines?

I expect no response from the loser, but here's hoping the cross dresser tries.

yes and the biggest threat to the second is you my way or the highway gun bubbas. You need a car , you don't need a gun. Cars have massive amounts of regulations so should guns
1. No you don't.

2. Driving a car is not a fundamental right. Owning a firearm is.

Can you convince me that my position above is incorrect? I am open to a discussion and could be persuaded with reliable evidence and reasoning.

Isn't that the point of a discussion forum?

No the question is why would jbander care. I personally like to operate this way. Eat you up and spit you out.
By not making convincing arguments, believe me, you have eaten and spit out no one.

If you don't give a shit, why bother commenting?

If you do, making sound arguments in support of your position garners respect and grants you some level of influence to the reasonable-minded.

:dunno:

The court can interpret the constitution, they can regulate guns , they have regulated guns, they will regulate guns in the future , I think that says it all.

Do you understand that the number of kids killed by a rifle in a school over 35 years is less than the number of kids killed by lawnmowers...every single year...

And again....the rifle is not the weapon of choice of mass shooters...that would be the pistol.....

You don't "know" anything......a google search does not support what you say.....that is why you are not taken seriously....
nonsensical and boring
I found his comment on point. Allow me to attempt to convince you as to why:

I assume your motive for wanting to remove all gun ownership is to promote safety, particularly the safety of children.

You want to ban an inanimate object to protect children.

Doing so will create a precedent or standard that can be applied globally to other objects that harm children, like lawnmowers. In your effort to get the desired result, you will have created unintended consequences.

It goes a lot deeper than that, but you can see the serious concern, can you not?

Do you understand that the number of kids killed by a rifle in a school over 35 years is less than the number of kids killed by lawnmowers...every single year...

And again....the rifle is not the weapon of choice of mass shooters...that would be the pistol.....

You don't "know" anything......a google search does not support what you say.....that is why you are not taken seriously....
nonsensical and boring

I assume your motive for wanting to remove all gun ownership is to promote safety, particularly the safety of children.

Doing so will create a precedent or standard that can be applied globally to other objects that harm children, like lawnmowers. In your effort to get the desired result, you will have created unintended consequences.

It goes a lot deeper than that, but you can see the serious concern, can you not?

Using your logic, we can also stop having child proof medical tops, child proof household chemical tops, and all that unnecessary things that cost us money to have on our products. And of course, the use by dates, you know how much that costs us at the market. And those stupid Children Seats, Seat and Shoulder Belts, Collision Bags in Cars, Neutral Switches, any form of warning buzzers and more. All of these just cost us money, lots of money. My old 53 Roadmaster didn't have a single one of these and I survived. Of course, the size of that beast, everyone was too afraid to come within a country mile of it. The problems were, the deaths per capita were out of control as the speeds came up on the highways. The deaths of children in accidents were out of control. You might think you were safer in your most recent Mastodon of Detroitness but when you smacked into another mammothed one, all bets were off. When the earth stopped shaking, you just picked up the body parts (those that you could find) and hauled them off. Today, we have almost a 100% chance of survival in an accident in a car that once would have killed everyone involved. It's not just you that's out there, it's also other people. The Government did force those changes and they were "Painful" to the car industries if you listen to them at them at the time but it was necessary to save lives. And that is what we are trying to do for the Mass Shootings. Minimize the body counts.

We will never stop the mass shooting completely. But we can minimize the body counts. Yes, there are other ways to kill enmass but the new sexy way is with a gun. And the new record is 58 and the new record holder is the AR-15 in a 19 year old hands. Yes, the record is held by a 40is person but it gives the 19 year old a goal to exceed. If you are looking for a medical cure for this, don't. There isn't one. If you are looking for a way that Society can stop this by it's actions, don't, it just isn't there. Just look at the target words. AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag. Those are the only 3 things we can control. Nothing else.

nonsensical and boring

Using your logic, we can also stop having child proof medical tops, child proof household chemical tops, and all that unnecessary things that cost us money to have on our products. And of course, the use by dates, you know how much that costs us at the market. And those stupid Children Seats, Seat and Shoulder Belts, Collision Bags in Cars, Neutral Switches, any form of warning buzzers and more. All of these just cost us money, lots of money. My old 53 Roadmaster didn't have a single one of these and I survived. Of course, the size of that beast, everyone was too afraid to come within a country mile of it. The problems were, the deaths per capita were out of control as the speeds came up on the highways. The deaths of children in accidents were out of control. You might think you were safer in your most recent Mastodon of Detroitness but when you smacked into another mammothed one, all bets were off. When the earth stopped shaking, you just picked up the body parts (those that you could find) and hauled them off. Today, we have almost a 100% chance of survival in an accident in a car that once would have killed everyone involved. It's not just you that's out there, it's also other people. The Government did force those changes and they were "Painful" to the car industries if you listen to them at them at the time but it was necessary to save lives. And that is what we are trying to do for the Mass Shootings. Minimize the body counts.

We will never stop the mass shooting completely. But we can minimize the body counts. Yes, there are other ways to kill enmass but the new sexy way is with a gun. And the new record is 58 and the new record holder is the AR-15 in a 19 year old hands. Yes, the record is held by a 40is person but it gives the 19 year old a goal to exceed. If you are looking for a medical cure for this, don't. There isn't one. If you are looking for a way that Society can stop this by it's actions, don't, it just isn't there. Just look at the target words. AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag. Those are the only 3 things we can control. Nothing else.

AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag....... under the influence of an SSRI Antidepressant.

There, I fixed it for you, cuz without the last part, the first part would likely never happen.

But that's logical and scientific. And no matter how many times you are presented the EVIDENCE, we know you will continue to ignore it.

Have a pleasant day.

Hey, where's Synthaholic go? Taking her antidepressants?
What kind of gun was used in the Las Vegas mass murder?

Google is your friend, and while googling, let us ALL know what guns were used at the Virginia Tech shootings, K?

It took him almost 3 hours to get those kills. They were isolated in many areas from the Dorms to the Classrooms. His was the first which gained him a high body count. The School, Community and Cops weren't prepared for anything like that. It never entered into their imagination that something like that could happen. Today, it's not so easy. Instead of 17 dead like he ended up with, he might end up with maybe 3 before they bagged him, cornered him and either shot him, he surrendered or he shot himself. They would not have stopped him today but they would have reduced the body count. And that is all you can do.

Google is your friend, and while googling, let us ALL know what guns were used at the Virginia Tech shootings, K?

It took him almost 3 hours to get those kills. They were isolated in many areas from the Dorms to the Classrooms. His was the first which gained him a high body count. The School, Community and Cops weren't prepared for anything like that. It never entered into their imagination that something like that could happen. Today, it's not so easy. Instead of 17 dead like he ended up with, he might end up with maybe 3 before they bagged him, cornered him and either shot him, he surrendered or he shot himself. They would not have stopped him today but they would have reduced the body count. And that is all you can do.

So, the 17 year old couldn't have used used semi automatic pistols and rack up the same, if not more kills. Is that what you are trying to sell?

Nice try, but everyone knows that Bridge, ain't for sale, and no ones gonna buy it. Take away the antidepressants, and a whole lotta people are alive today that are now 6 foot under.

Sad, but true.

nonsensical and boring

AR-15 in a 19 year olds hands with a high capacity mag....... under the influence of an SSRI Antidepressant.

There, I fixed it for you, cuz without the last part, the first part would likely never happen.

But that's logical and scientific. And no matter how many times you are presented the EVIDENCE, we know you will continue to ignore it.

Have a pleasant day.

Now imagine the shooter without the antidepressant. And using your own cite, I removed that from your equation since a Female is 4 to 5 times more apt to be violent than a male under antidepressants yet the modern mass shootings have all be male.

Now, remove the antidepressants from the equations and you now have a 19 year old running up and down the sidewalk during rush hour blowing people away because he just couldn't wait to get to the school. Nothing changed but the location.

A plain old semiautomatic rifle no different than any semiautomatic rifle that has been available to the public for over 100 years

I read an article about these shootings. And the writer had an excellent point.

If you go to a Doctor with a reoccurring indigestion problem that has happened over the last month, the Doctor won't ask you what you were eating before the problem started, but will ask you what you've been eating since the problem started.

So the question really is, since these guns have been available for an extended period of time, but these shootings have only started in the recent couple of decades, why are we not asking "what have you been eating lately?"

That is, we are medicating our children with a drug that deadens their emotions, the key emotion it deadens is empathy. And without empathetic emotions, killings become more likely.

So, the 17 year old couldn't have used used semi automatic pistols and rack up the same, if not more kills. Is that what you are trying to sell?

Nice try, but everyone knows that Bridge, ain't for sale, and no ones gonna buy it. Take away the antidepressants, and a whole lotta people are alive today that are now 6 foot under.

Sad, but true.

You just can't face it that you aren't going to win this one. We have had at least one near mass shooting here. It was stopped by an alert community. The 17 year old was apprehended before he got to the school gate by the cops who overwhelmed him with force and didn't give him time to get his mind together enough to get his weapon out. You see, walking down a sidewalk in a long coat with a bulge under it and it's not raining isn't exactly normal. Someone has to see it. If the Community doesn't report it, the kid makes it to the school and the school has things in place to keep the body count down, not to stop the initial shootings. But it was stopped before it reached the gates by a concerned citizen calling it in. The 1000 foot rule of no guns around a school was taken seriously and it paid off. This did not make the Nation News. No mention of it on Fox News or CNN. Nothing. His weapon of Choice? An AR-15 style weapon he "Borrowed" from his Dad along with 3 30 round mags. His reason given? He was going for the record. It wasn't even his school. Was he on any prescription drugs? None. I wonder how many other almost happenings like that are thwarted and not reported each day on the national news.

nonsensical and boring

Have a pleasant day.

Now imagine the shooter without the antidepressant. And using your own cite, I removed that from your equation since a Female is 4 to 5 times more apt to be violent than a male under antidepressants yet the modern mass shootings have all be male.

Now, remove the antidepressants from the equations and you now have a 19 year old running up and down the sidewalk during rush hour blowing people away because he just couldn't wait to get to the school. Nothing changed but the location.

Do your research and stop the nonsense. Research has shown, and if you'd have read the links, that it is ONLY those taking these prescriptions that have a higher Violent Criminal conviction rate (and suicide rate to boot), than those, WITH THE SAME ILLNESS, but choosing a different course of treatment.

Maybe you'll believe an Oxford University study: Source: Oxford psychiatrist Senna Faze | SSRI Stories

"Young people who take drugs including Prozac are ‘50% more likely to be convicted of assault and murder’
Those in late teens and early 20s 50% more likely to commit violent crime.
SSRI drugs include Prozac, Seroxat, Lustral, Cipralex and Cipramil
Experts believe adolescent brains are more sensitive to drug interference.
And less likely to take their pills allowing symptoms to boil over to violence.

Popular antidepressant pills make young people violent, it is feared.
An Oxford University study found that men – and women – in their late teens and early 20s – were almost 50 per cent more likely to be convicted of offences from assault to murder when taking SSRI drugs.
This family of anti-depressants includes Prozac, as well as Seroxat, Lustral, Cipralex and Cipramil, the most commonly prescribed of the pills.
One in eight Britons takes SSRIs each year – and the number of prescription has doubled in the last decade.
Meanwhile in the US around 11 per cent of people aged 12 and over take antidepressants, including SSRIs, according to the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

Men and women in their late teens and early 20s were almost 50 per cent more likely to be convicted of offences from assault to murder when they were taking SSRI drugs, new research has found (file image)
The tablets already carry a warning that the drugs are linked to suicidal thoughts in young people and it was suspected they were also linked to violence but evidence was sparse until now.
The researchers said the risk in 15 to 24 year olds is ‘not insignificant’ and that the public health implications ‘require careful consideration’."

NOTICE THE STUDY IS OF MEN AND WOMEN

Forum List

Back