“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

Gee, you forgot that rapists, gang members, meth heads and dealers can as well?

Why leave them out?

Seems strange.

Tell you what. Get them to agree to give up their guns and their behaviors, then we can chat about how I choose to defend my family.

Sine you obviously believe that more guns make America safer, then America should be the safest country in the world, since we have more guns than any nation on earth.

Not that it matters. nobody is going to take away you toy. We just want to require that O.J. Simpson undergo a background check before he buys a gun.

Since we already do, then your mind is already at ease, right?

This must have happened during my nap. So, now, there is a law that that makes it illegal for a private, non licensed individual to sell guns to anyone without a background check? Maybe they just forgot to tell law enforcement in my state, because I can do that all day long without breaking any law.

Not if you know they are a prohibited person, like your OJ example.

OK, it is illegal for O.J. to own or possess a firearm. It is NOT illegal for me to sell him one if I don't know who he is, and don't even ask.

You've already proven you know who he is and he's a prohibited person. Your BS is getting weak there bubba.

Where did you get the 39 number for AR-15 civilian rifles? I would like to have that source for my own posts...

The link was there, the really sad thing is that the accurate government numbers are hard to find, because they tell the truth that the liberals need to squash
You want to know why those numbers are hard to find? Because the NRA prevented the CDC treating the epidemic of mass shootings as they would any other cause of death in this nation. Until this year, they could not spend money to investigate the causes, and statistics of gun violence. What is really needed is to post the pictures from Sandy Hook, Vegas, and Parkland on every street corner. They allow the pictures of bad wrecks to be published, why not the police pictures of the victims of these horrors?

Yes..... the facts, truth and reality show you are an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about...so you need to abuse the emotions of uninformed people to get them to give you the power to confiscate guns.... you truly are a fascist....
I have often pointed out that the laws I would like to see enacted would not confiscate anyone's guns. However, given the absolutist attitudes, that is not what is going to happen. Eventually a crazy will shoot up one to many schools, church, movie theater, or music concert, and confiscatory laws will be passed. And you will be the people to blame for that.
Exactly.

It’s the moronic right that poses the greatest threat to the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment, no mythical ‘gun grabbers.’

Old rocks and you are both fools and useful idiots of the gun grabbers. Everything you and he have explained you want are infringements on the Right to own a gun, incrementally restricting the Right for law abiding people while doing nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters, and allowing the next restriction on the Right to own and carry a gun even easier to get the next time you morons get the power to pass it....

Sine you obviously believe that more guns make America safer, then America should be the safest country in the world, since we have more guns than any nation on earth.

Not that it matters. nobody is going to take away you toy. We just want to require that O.J. Simpson undergo a background check before he buys a gun.

This must have happened during my nap. So, now, there is a law that that makes it illegal for a private, non licensed individual to sell guns to anyone without a background check? Maybe they just forgot to tell law enforcement in my state, because I can do that all day long without breaking any law.

I’m sure someone who drives a two wheel widow maker lays awake at night worried about this, right?

...whatever the hell that is supposed to mean....

Anyone freaking out about the dangers of a gun chancing hands between law abiding family members, but’s cool doing 70 mph down the freeway on a two wheel coffin, well, has severe issues.

Get it now?

I guess I understand that riding a motorcycle can be dangerous to the rider, but i would have to take a course in Trump University to understand the relevance of your argument to the price of rice in China....

As Winterborn said much earlier on this thread, the issue is not AR-15s. The issue is that in this country any idiot, insane person, nut job, and vigilante can get hold of any gun they want without it even being illegal to sell to them without a background check, especially handguns, and blow away their estranged wife, bully on the playground, teacher, boss at the postal service, road rage object, x-girlfriend, judge or someone who is of the opposite political persuasion. All this talk about fighting off communist dictators is amusing, and nostalgic, but that isn't fooling anyone.

There are thousands of ways to kill someone, the best method of self defense is usually a gun. There are millions fewer crimes because people have guns to deter them. Ever wonder how many of those prevented crimes might be murders?

I am sure that we will never know because you have absolutely no facts to back up you assertion.

Yeah, I guess FBI numbers and CDC studies don't count. Only in regressive fairy tale land.

You mean those statistics in your head, or the ones that you are about to share with us? And, don't forget that you refereed to "millions" of prevented crimes by armed citizens.

OK, it is illegal for O.J. to own or possess a firearm. It is NOT illegal for me to sell him one if I don't know who he is, and don't even ask.

You've already proven you know who he is and he's a prohibited person. Your BS is getting weak there bubba.

OK, you seem to think that my whole argument is about O.J. Simpson. I will make it easy for you to understand. My argument also refers to the guy in my community whose wife had a restraining order on him: such husband bought a firearm from a private individual who did not do a background check, because it was not required to, with the result that the wife was shot to death. Is that clearer for you?

OK, you seem to think that my whole argument is about O.J. Simpson. I will make it easy for you to understand. My argument also refers to the guy in my community whose wife had a restraining order on him: such husband bought a firearm from a private individual who did not do a background check, because it was not required to, with the result that the wife was shot to death. Is that clearer for you?

And? The man knew he was prohibited......he broke the law....he was planning on committing murder with the weapon.....and you think a law against him owning a gun would keep him from getting a gun?

The shooter in Texas, the church shooter had a dishonorable discharge, and shouldn't have been able to buy a gun, but the government screwed up.....

I’m sure it happens. It’s tragic. But lacking a gun, you think he doesn’t kill her anyway?

Why would you think that?

We had a situation in my town in which the ex-husband broke in, overpowered her, tied her up, turned on the gas and blew her up when it reached the flame of the water heater.

Killers kill, it’s what they do. They really don’t care what tools are available.

So, should we do complete background checks on utility hookups?

In any case, statistically, you are just as likely to die from any number of things you do daily. So, the paranoia you are trying to project is simply silly.

As Winterborn said much earlier on this thread, the issue is not AR-15s. The issue is that in this country any idiot, insane person, nut job, and vigilante can get hold of any gun they want without it even being illegal to sell to them without a background check, especially handguns, and blow away their estranged wife, bully on the playground, teacher, boss at the postal service, road rage object, x-girlfriend, judge or someone who is of the opposite political persuasion. All this talk about fighting off communist dictators is amusing, and nostalgic, but that isn't fooling anyone.

There are thousands of ways to kill someone, the best method of self defense is usually a gun. There are millions fewer crimes because people have guns to deter them. Ever wonder how many of those prevented crimes might be murders?

I am sure that we will never know because you have absolutely no facts to back up you assertion.

Yeah, I guess FBI numbers and CDC studies don't count. Only in regressive fairy tale land.

You mean those statistics in your head, or the ones that you are about to share with us? And, don't forget that you refereed to "millions" of prevented crimes by armed citizens.

Thoughts on the CDC hiding their 2.4 million defensive gun use research...

CDC Gun Research Backfires on Obama - Guns & Ammo

That's an easy fix, make the NICS system available to everyone, of course the likelihood of that person actually being in the data base is pretty slim. Hopefully that will improve with the NRA sponsored Fix NiCS bill passing and being signed into law, maybe the States and government will make it a priority to update the data base.

Well, If it says so on the "Guns and Ammo" blog, then you KNOW it has to be true!

That's an easy fix, make the NICS system available to everyone, of course the likelihood of that person actually being in the data base is pretty slim. Hopefully that will improve with the NRA sponsored Fix NiCS bill passing and being signed into law, maybe the States and government will make it a priority to update the data base.

I can find no argument with your post. Accordingly, I am going to build a monument out of granite, with the words, "On this day, on April 28, 2018, VH and OT agreed on something".

Well, If it says so on the "Guns and Ammo" blog, then you KNOW it has to be true!

WAPO had a pay wall or I'd given you a good commie source.

Why leave them out?

Seems strange.

Tell you what. Get them to agree to give up their guns and their behaviors, then we can chat about how I choose to defend my family.

This nation needs to be armed better, and armed nation is a safe nation

So, America has a lower firearm death rate than Canada, and Japan, then, right?

Get real, Rustic.
More frivolous gun laws will have zero effect on violent crime

Why leave them out?

Seems strange.

Get real, Rustic.

After careful consideration of your post, I offer this summation of your point:
"Yadda, yadda, yadda, NRA. I know this to be true because I heard it on AM radio."

Why leave them out?

Seems strange.

Get real, Rustic.

"Yadda, yadda, yadda, NRA. I know this to be true because I heard it on AM radio."
The NRA is harmless, anyway they are not near pro gun enough

Get real, Rustic.

You Repubtards believe every drugged up crazy should have a belt feed AR-15 so they can kill as many as possible when they have a suicidal moment!

Get real, Rustic.

You Repubtards believe every drugged up crazy should have a belt feed AR-15 so they can kill as many as possible when they have a suicidal moment!

belt feed AR-15?

are those special order, or can you buy them over the counter?

And yet 70% of all murders occur in very small very distinct areas in the country
These urban areas are historically high poverty and high crime and the murders are mostly young minorities killing other young minorities so we don't care to do much about them

Anyone who says they care about lowering the murder rate who willfully ignores the very thing that is skewing our murder rate so high obviously has a different agenda

Get real, Rustic.

Idiot

No civilian rifle could handle that many rounds being fired without the barrel getting so hot that the rounds would cook off

Forum List

Back