What "rights" does nature give us?

91 Pages and no one has proven that 'nature' gives us specific rights.

That's because the rights you are born with come to you via a legal document penned by MAN... not GOD.

Rights come to you only because of where you are born.

"Natural Rights" is real lofty and bold language, along with all the flowery mentions of creator and God... but it's just a document, penned by man, base on man-made philosophies.

There are no rights in your belly button. When the doctor hits you on your ass, the U.S. Constitution doesn't fly out of your mouth.

That's because the rights you are born with come to you via a legal document penned by MAN... not GOD.

"Natural Rights" is real lofty and bold language, along with all the flowery mentions of creator and God... but it's just a document, penned by man, base on man-made philosophies.

There are no rights in your belly button. When the doctor hits you on your ass, the U.S. Constitution doesn't fly out of your mouth.

And you're okay with this? You're okay with men who have zero concern over your well-being deciding what you can and can't to? You're okay with murders and greedy politicians running your own life?

:clap2:

That in a nutshell..is basically that.

:D

And you're okay with this? You're okay with men who have zero concern over your well-being deciding what you can and can't to? You're okay with murders and greedy politicians running your own life?

please get in touch with your rational side....it's screaming to be let out

Instinct or innate behavior is the inherent inclination of a living organism toward a particular complex behavior. Instinct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Examples of behaviors that do not require conscious will include many reflexes. The stimulus in a reflex may not require brain activity but instead may travel to the spinal cord as a message that is then transmitted back through the body, tracing a path called the reflex arc. Reflexes are similar to fixed action patterns in that most reflexes meet the criteria of a FAP. However, a fixed action pattern can be processed in the brain as well; a male stickleback's instinctive aggression towards anything red during his mating season is such an example. Examples of instinctive behaviors in humans include many of the primitive reflexes, such as rooting and suckling, behaviors which are present in mammals.

HowStuffWorks "Hard-wired Human Survival Instincts"

Human Nature - Human Instincts.

Yep, more BS about how humans and what humans do is not a part of nature and that human beings and what they do was not meant to be. I know quite well what many interpret as being allegedly "natural" and a part of nature is. But, unfortunately for them, they're unable to prove human beings and what they do isn't something that wasn't meant to be. If we're doing it, apparently, it was meant to be and is natural. And, Wikipedia and HowStuffWorks? Really? These are the authoritive entities on what is natural and a part of nature? LOL!

It's Chinatown, Jake.

You are a fucking genius. I am genuinely impressed .

Once we disarm the motherfuckers they will be totally at our mercy.

We will then teach them then that the only condition which is "natural" is slavery.

As always, Heil Hitler.

war? kindly link me to the congressional declarations of war against yemen, syria, pakistan, ill stop there instead of listing all the countries we are bombing.

War? It's all about definitions, declarations, laws...

We are not at war with any of those countries. As a matter of fact the governments of those countries excepting Syria, are US Allies.

Why Syria?

war? kindly link me to the congressional declarations of war against yemen, syria, pakistan, ill stop there instead of listing all the countries we are bombing.

We are not at war with any of those countries. As a matter of fact the governments of those countries excepting Syria, are US Allies.

Why Syria?

We drop bombs in sovereign countries (be them our allies or enemies) without approval from Congress i.e. the branch that declares war and certainly is a better representation of the will of the people than the one man in the Oval Office.

It's Chinatown, Jake.

You mean we're not in Kansas anymore? Has anyone notified Toto and Bob Dole?

btw, Bob Dole and Dante have much in common...What did Bob Dole say Bob Dole said?

We will then teach them then that the only condition which is "natural" is slavery.

As always, Heil Hitler.

Riddle me this, dicklicker.

Do guns grow on trees or bushes?

Because if it's a 'natural right'....

(hint: that story about Moses and those stone tablets... it's just a story. A good story with villains and magic and a hero... but just a story.)

Why Syria?

We drop bombs in sovereign countries (be them our allies or enemies) without approval from Congress i.e. the branch that declares war and certainly is a better representation of the will of the people than the one man in the Oval Office.

And who's bombing countries without Congressional approval...again? Lets see, that would have been Bill Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama.

As always, Heil Hitler.

Riddle me this, dicklicker.

Dicklicker? Quit dissing me, bud. I am on your side.

Do guns grow on trees or bushes?

Exactly.

Those stupid motherfuckers - somehow - believe that they are free people and consequently posses the a right to invent things to defend their lives.

But you and me are fellow luddites, so we know better.

We shall unite to crush them. Right on bro'

Why Syria?

And who's bombing countries without Congressional approval...again? Lets see, that would have been Bill Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama.

He is just the most recent in a long, long, long line of Presidents who have been doing it since bombs were droppable.

There seems to be some strange notion that to recognize the fact that our rights are a consequence of our humanity, acknowledged and codified by Constitutional case law, and not the ‘creation’ of a non-existent deity, that our civil liberties are somehow ‘illegitimate.’

It goes without saying that this is ignorant idiocy.

Indeed, the fact that our rights are recognized as a result of human struggle, where men have fought and died for their rights against ignorance, hate, and intolerance, makes our rights that much more valuable and legitimate, as opposed to something just ‘given’ to us by an imagined god.

There seems to be some confusion that the idiots define the debate. The initial question in this thread was what rights come from nature. There are always going to be idiots that insist that God is the only possible source of rights, just like there are going to be idiots that, since we cannot prove God exists, that negates the concept of natural rights entirely.

We fight for those rights because it is our right to fight for them regardless of their actual source. The struggle for the rights that legitimately come from government is just as bitter and hard fought as the one for natural rights.

There seems to be some strange notion that to recognize the fact that our rights are a consequence of our humanity, acknowledged and codified by Constitutional case law, and not the ‘creation’ of a non-existent deity, that our civil liberties are somehow ‘illegitimate.’

Indeed, the fact that our rights are recognized as a result of human struggle, where men have fought and died for their rights against ignorance, hate, and intolerance, makes our rights that much more valuable and legitimate, as opposed to something just ‘given’ to us by an imagined god.

what are you saying? people are arguing about a non existing creator?.

What Dante and other people have been saying is that the natural rights being referred to are legitimate because we as individuals and society acknowledge them to be so...it is we who created them, not some supreme force or being...but that they can cease to exist in reality if we so choose it to be so.

Only the idiots.

There seems to be some confusion that the idiots define the debate. The initial question in this thread was what rights come from nature. There are always going to be idiots that insist that God is the only possible source of rights, just like there are going to be idiots that, since we cannot prove God exists, that negates the concept of natural rights entirely.

We fight for those rights because it is our right to fight for them regardless of their actual source. The struggle for the rights that legitimately come from government is just as bitter and hard fought as the one for natural rights.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Good post.

I still think Bambi owes me some free speech.

The right to survive? Nope, not even that.

Sure even that.

No one is trying to separate human beings from nature...what has been said is a person's nature, is something a human being has and it is separate from the force nature/god/creator.

Bullshit!

Driving a car isn't part of human instinct. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap: As that schmo I tell you .... stop embarrassing the species -- stfu

Doesn't matter if it's a part of human instinct or not. Learning is a part of human instinct and a human's capacity to learn, whether it be to drive a car or paint an ocean scene, is as natural as a tree growing in the forest. And, the only embarrassment to the species is you and I don't take orders from you and I don't plan on ShuttingTFU anytime soon. Go ahead, enlighten us. What IS part of "human instinct", according to you?

Something that is personally instinctual like driving a car...is instinctual only for the particular driver....not everyone can drive one, and not everyone drives so...

Driving a car is not part of the set of human instincts

get it yet?

Everything that is instinctual, even if only one person finds it to be instinctual, is natural.

Forum List

Back