What the actual fuck?!?!?!

So, let's set the stage shall we?

Abortion is evil. It is wantonly killing/murdering innocent babies-to-be that did nothing wrong, and we must do everything we can to encourage pregnant women to carry their pregnancies to term, and have their babies.

However, in Illinois, apparently, if a woman has a child on her own, that child shall be decreed to not exist. No. That wasn't a typo. Republican representatives John D Cavaletto and Keith Wheeler sponsored the bill that would amend the state’s Vital Records Act. Here is the bill’s draconian thrust:

‘…provides that if the unmarried mother cannot or refuses to name the child’s father, either a father must be conclusively established by DNA evidence or, within 30 days after birth, another family member who will financially provide for the child must be named, in court, on the birth certificate.’

‘Provides that absent DNA evidence or a family member’s name, a birth certificate will not be issued and the mother will be ineligible for financial aid from the State for support of the child.’

Now, forget public assistance. The fact that a child is ineligible for public assistance without a birth certificate is a given. Clearly, that is the intended purpose of this amendment - so that, rather than allow a child to receive public assistance, the state can "go after" the biological father to force then to pay child support. Never mind that a state can't really "force' that - one would be amazed at the number of biological fathers who would simply go willingly to serve their civil Contempt of Court sentences, rather than pay the child support; and that doesn't even take into account the fathers who live in different states, making the enforcement of child support rulings so costg prohibitive that most states don't even bother.

The unintended consequences are ind-boggling. Schools require a birth certificate for enrollment. So, any child subject to this amendment will not be able to get an education. He/She will also not be able to join the military, drive a car, vote, get a passport, or even prove citizenship.

Now, realistically, I don't expect that this bill will actually pass. However, it is breath-taking to realize that Republicans in Illinois would care so little about children that they would even suggest such a destructive bill, punishing women for doing exactly what they want them to do - not have an abortion!

Or more accurately TWO republicans want to.

Imagine if we held the dem party responsible for everything that we can find that TWO dems support...

What a bunch of fucking morons
Not only will that kid up come up without a father, he will have to rely solely on the deadbeat mother of his. Wonderful!

Not only will that kid up come up without a father, he will have to rely solely on the deadbeat mother of his. Wonderful!

That deadbeat mother who won't be able to get any more government benefits for her bastards.

Brilliant idea!!
So just let them starve? Or sleep in the streets?
I am all for fixing this bullshit entitlement culture we have created, but my god man..

It's a stupid proposal, but tt would sure teach women to stop opening their legs for random guys....but we can't have that. No one is actually responsible for their actions. They are victims and can't help it when they screw random guys and get impregnanted.
It's a stupid plan. What if a woman is raped by a stranger and doesn't have an abortion? What if a woman is drugged at a party? Hell, what if the baby is abandoned or put for adoption at birth? This is the kind of bullshit that deserves to be called out. It is way to easy for a guy to duck liability in the USA for what they did. The only way this works is if you let the government track DNA for every single person living in the USA across the whole USA.

Anyone up for that?

Abortion is evil. It is wantonly killing/murdering innocent babies-to-be that did nothing wrong, and we must do everything we can to encourage pregnant women to carry their pregnancies to term, and have their babies.

However, in Illinois, apparently, if a woman has a child on her own, that child shall be decreed to not exist. No. That wasn't a typo. Republican representatives John D Cavaletto and Keith Wheeler sponsored the bill that would amend the state’s Vital Records Act. Here is the bill’s draconian thrust:

‘…provides that if the unmarried mother cannot or refuses to name the child’s father, either a father must be conclusively established by DNA evidence or, within 30 days after birth, another family member who will financially provide for the child must be named, in court, on the birth certificate.’

‘Provides that absent DNA evidence or a family member’s name, a birth certificate will not be issued and the mother will be ineligible for financial aid from the State for support of the child.’

Now, forget public assistance. The fact that a child is ineligible for public assistance without a birth certificate is a given. Clearly, that is the intended purpose of this amendment - so that, rather than allow a child to receive public assistance, the state can "go after" the biological father to force then to pay child support. Never mind that a state can't really "force' that - one would be amazed at the number of biological fathers who would simply go willingly to serve their civil Contempt of Court sentences, rather than pay the child support; and that doesn't even take into account the fathers who live in different states, making the enforcement of child support rulings so costg prohibitive that most states don't even bother.

The unintended consequences are ind-boggling. Schools require a birth certificate for enrollment. So, any child subject to this amendment will not be able to get an education. He/She will also not be able to join the military, drive a car, vote, get a passport, or even prove citizenship.

Now, realistically, I don't expect that this bill will actually pass. However, it is breath-taking to realize that Republicans in Illinois would care so little about children that they would even suggest such a destructive bill, punishing women for doing exactly what they want them to do - not have an abortion!

A bit dishonest there aren't we?

They aren't actually saying that the child doesn't exist, what they are trying to do is make sure that the child is provided for. That said, I don't agree with this law.

I think this is a great idea - we can just send these kids to Mexico when the time is right, along with the rest of undocumented.

Last edited:
So, preventing children from getting an education, a job, drive a car, or even prove their own citizenship seems perfectly reasonable to you?

Absolutely.... If that's what it takes!
So much for the myth of the "Compassionate Conservative". And you guys wonder why we consider your "concern" over the "rights of the unborn" to be more than a little hypocritical.

So, preventing children from getting an education, a job, drive a car, or even prove their own citizenship seems perfectly reasonable to you?

So much for the myth of the "Compassionate Conservative". And you guys wonder why we consider your "concern" over the "rights of the unborn" to be more than a little hypocritical.

their love for the fetus ends at the delivery room door.

Whether that was the purpose, or not, by refusing to issue a birth certificate, that is the effect of the proposal. I get the whole, "We're pissed about deadbeat dads" thing, but this is a preposterous attempt at dealing with it! And your federal taxes only get garnished when you reach a certain amount. Your state taxes don't get touched for child support in other states. The amount you must be behind before it becomes a federal issue is $10,000. Do you know how far one typically needs to be to be behind $10,000? I, at one time, because I was unemployed for a long time, was behind over 5 years, and the total wasn't even $3,000. And wage garnishment is not proactive. States don't track the employment of every person on court ordered child support. So unless the "deadbeat dad" in question, contacts the child support division where the child support is owed, they don't even know there are wages to be "garnished".[/QUOTE]

That's not completely true.

Some states do go after deadbeat dads.

Mine is one. I used to work in the payroll department at a large home improvement company that was in the west.

One of my jobs was garnishments.

It's not the deadbeat that needs to contact the state about child support. At least not in my state.

There are 2 things that can trigger a garnishment order.

1. The non custodial parent doesn't pay the child support and the custodial parent goes on public assistance.

2. The custodial parent notifies the state that the non custodial parent isn't paying support.

I will say that my state is a bit different but not all the garnishments came from courts from my state. My state did studies on what happens to ex spouses and children once a divorce happens. It's not pretty. So my state enacted laws to help guarantee non custodial parents pay their child support. It's much easier for women and the state to go after deadbeats and much harder for a deadbeat to get out of paying. I'm not saying that deadbeats don't get away with not paying happen every day, I'm saying it's harder here for a deadbeat to get away with it than it is in other states.

I will say, I had 1 one very large file cabinet of child support garnishments. All but one of them were garnishments on men. The one garnishment on a woman was not really a garnishment but more of a deduction from her paycheck because she set it up at the time of the divorce settlement so she would never get behind in the payments.

I garnished workers from all positions and pay scales. Including executives.

An interesting note, I found a lot of people using other people's social security number.

Last edited:

I never understood the inconsistency with republicans.
Don't want to abort the baby, but don't want to support it and its loser parent/parents either. So just more bodies in the street is the solution.. :dunno:

Makes sense to me. Where's the problem?

It really is just sad that we have so many people in America who have no clue what is in the constitution.

They're the same people who scream that they love the constitution and are the only ones who do.

You're one of them.

Learn about the 14th Amendment. In that Amendment it guarantees everyone who is born in America is an American citizen with all the rights of all other citizens.

You have no problem violating our constitution.

Why do you hate our constitution so much?

The depravity of Republicans continues to find new lows. I know these people want desperately to go back in time to 1756 but Jesus H they are whackjobs. They are whackjobs that have gained control of local government and now wield it against anyone that doesn't follow what they perceive to be their religion. Disgusting.

I'm waiting for the first red state to declare stoning is legal again.

I never understood the inconsistency with republicans.
Don't want to abort the baby, but don't want to support it and its loser parent/parents either. So just more bodies in the street is the solution.. :dunno:

it is the inconsistency of their so called christian beliefs & how they practice what they preach. true conservatism is preventing the problem from getting a foothold to begin with & that starts way before puberty. education & good medical care is the key.

Funny how the quote the op provides doesn't prove the point he was trying to make.

Btw Illinois Republicans are like democrats in any red state

Funny how the quote the op provides doesn't prove the point he was trying to make.

Btw Illinois Republicans are like democrats in any red state

You mean the link the person provided that takes you to the article isn't proof enough for you?

Give me the name of the democrat in a red state who wants to deny a birth certificate to a child born to a single mother. Then give me proof of your claims.

Interesting. You lie and say the OP didn't provide proof when the OP most certainly did then go on to make assertions without any proof to back it up.

Wow.

Last edited:
When I read threads like this I keep coming back to the whole Guaranteed Minimum Income debate. Get rid of all these public support mechanisms, give everyone a basic income that would cover housing and not starving, and call it a day. You can cap the amount the income would increase per child based on number of kids if necessary.

Forum List

Back