Whataburger says no to Open Carry; add them to your list gun nuts

In this case "irrational fear of guns" isn't speculation, it's a personal attack on those who respect the power of a gun, and understand that not everyone who owns, possess or has in his or her custody and control is rational, trained, sober, sane or trust worthy,
Given that guns are inanimate objects and that only a tiny % of them are use in crime, fear of guns is, in and of itself, irrational.

Some are uneducated about firearms therefore they have an irrational fear of guns. When they see one, they piss all over themselves, and for what reason, I can only speculate

-Geaux

They even have a name for those people who have an irrational fear of weapons, hoplophobic.
There`s a name for gun fondlers too. I call them gun pussies.
I just call armed Americans as Armed Americans that are exercising their RIGHTS August !!
Sorry, I keep forgetting. Shooters have rights, not the people sitting in a movie theater or a church and certainly not the second graders leaving school in body bags.
This is the part where you`ll tell me that more people should carry guns and there will be less shootings. Don`t bother.
Why are you lumping in law abiding citizens with crazy criminals? Do you need someone to point out the difference?

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity. They hope someone will question their choice so they will have an opportunity to loudly give their practiced speech about how they are patriots trying to take back the country. In other words.......fruitcakes. I suspect it is the same with most of the goobers.

They even have a name for those people who have an irrational fear of weapons, hoplophobic.
I just call armed Americans as Armed Americans that are exercising their RIGHTS August !!
Sorry, I keep forgetting. Shooters have rights, not the people sitting in a movie theater or a church and certainly not the second graders leaving school in body bags.
This is the part where you`ll tell me that more people should carry guns and there will be less shootings. Don`t bother.
Why are you lumping in law abiding citizens with crazy criminals? Do you need someone to point out the difference?
Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity.
Oh look .. another anti-gun loon arguing from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity. They hope someone will question their choice so they will have an opportunity to loudly give their practiced speech about how they are patriots trying to take back the country. In other words.......fruitcakes. I suspect it is the same with most of the goobers.

What is funny is that I go to Chik Fil A quite a bit and there are never any of those morons with their assault rifles in there. They always are trying to come into Chipolte or In and Out. You nailed it bycalling them fruitcakes.

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity.
Oh look .. another anti-gun loon arguing from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Oh look...another gun nut embarrassed by his penis size so he bought a gun.

What is funny is that I go to Chik Fil A quite a bit and there are never any of those morons with their assault rifles in there. They always are trying to come into Chipolte or In and Out. You nailed it bycalling them fruitcakes.

You wouldn't know an assault rifle if someone beat you over the head with one.

They didn't get the attention they craved growing up, so they are trying to make up for it now.

I agree that some people open carry to get a reaction. I don't open carry but if I wanted to I would and if someone confronted me about it I would ignore them and walk away. If they persisted I would call 911 to send a cop. That would end that little matter.

And yet you'd never know if anyone was carrying a concealed weapon would you.

So I can only assume you'd rather not know who is armed and who isn't

I agree that some people open carry to get a reaction. I don't open carry but if I wanted to I would and if someone confronted me about it I would ignore them and walk away. If they persisted I would call 911 to send a cop. That would end that little matter.

Open carry wouldn't be as big a problem if that was the expected behavior from most. We both know it is not. Many are hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone, and you can't deny that.

And yet you'd never know if anyone was carrying a concealed weapon would you.

So I can only assume you'd rather not know who is armed and who isn't

Your assumptions are your own business and that's fine.
I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave.

Because I know the situation is more dangerous than it was before. As stated over and over, if guns made us safe, we'd have the safest society ever since we, by far, have the most guns. Instead, the opposite is true, we live in one of the most violent advanced societies on earth.

If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased.

Open carry wouldn't be as big a problem if that was the expected behavior from most. We both know it is not. Many are hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone, and you can't deny that.
Do you have any data on the number of people who open carry wind up shooting someone? In the whole U.S. in a year you could probably count them one one hand. Now, how about some data on the number of thugs who shoot someone with an illegal weapon. Get out a calculator.

Forum List

Back