Whataburger says no to Open Carry; add them to your list gun nuts

course , I think that Candy is a government employee and they have lots of guns . Please correct me if I am wrong about your employers Candy .

Your assumptions are your own business and that's fine.
I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave.
However, don't further delude your self into thing that your assumptions are anything other than just that.

Sorry, I keep forgetting. Shooters have rights, not the people sitting in a movie theater or a church and certainly not the second graders leaving school in body bags.
This is the part where you`ll tell me that more people should carry guns and there will be less shootings. Don`t bother.
Why are you lumping in law abiding citizens with crazy criminals? Do you need someone to point out the difference?

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity. They hope someone will question their choice so they will have an opportunity to loudly give their practiced speech about how they are patriots trying to take back the country. In other words.......fruitcakes. I suspect it is the same with most of the goobers.

What is funny is that I go to Chik Fil A quite a bit and there are never any of those morons with their assault rifles in there. They always are trying to come into Chipolte or In and Out. You nailed it bycalling them fruitcakes.

And yet you'd never know if anyone was carrying a concealed weapon would you.

So I can only assume you'd rather not know who is armed and who isn't

I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave.

Because I know the situation is more dangerous than it was before. As stated over and over, if guns made us safe, we'd have the safest society ever since we, by far, have the most guns. Instead, the opposite is true, we live in one of the most violent advanced societies on earth.

If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased.

"Your assumptions are your own business and that's fine."

As are yours.

"I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave. "

Your choice.

Won't bother those carrying anyway.

(Course, they may laugh their asses off at you.)

"If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased"

Actually, the only place the 'danger level' increased is in your mind.

The place is more likely safer.

Sorry, I keep forgetting. Shooters have rights, not the people sitting in a movie theater or a church and certainly not the second graders leaving school in body bags.
This is the part where you`ll tell me that more people should carry guns and there will be less shootings. Don`t bother.
Why are you lumping in law abiding citizens with crazy criminals? Do you need someone to point out the difference?

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity. They hope someone will question their choice so they will have an opportunity to loudly give their practiced speech about how they are patriots trying to take back the country. In other words.......fruitcakes. I suspect it is the same with most of the goobers.
I agree that some people open carry to get a reaction. I don't open carry but if I wanted to I would and if someone confronted me about it I would ignore them and walk away. If they persisted I would call 911 to send a cop. That would end that little matter.

Open carry wouldn't be as big a problem if that was the expected behavior from most. We both know it is not. Many are hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone, and you can't deny that.
Do you have any data on the number of people who open carry wind up shooting someone? In the whole U.S. in a year you could probably count them one one hand. Now, how about some data on the number of thugs who shoot someone with an illegal weapon. Get out a calculator.

I suspect you are confusing licensed cc people and open carry people. Are you trying to say some of the nuts aren't hoping for a chance to shoot someone? Why do you want to arm Rambo wannabees who will take a shot every chance they get?

I agree that some people open carry to get a reaction. I don't open carry but if I wanted to I would and if someone confronted me about it I would ignore them and walk away. If they persisted I would call 911 to send a cop. That would end that little matter.

Open carry wouldn't be as big a problem if that was the expected behavior from most. We both know it is not. Many are hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone, and you can't deny that.
Do you have any data on the number of people who open carry wind up shooting someone? In the whole U.S. in a year you could probably count them one one hand. Now, how about some data on the number of thugs who shoot someone with an illegal weapon. Get out a calculator.
I suspect you are confusing licensed cc people and open carry people. Are you trying to say some of the nuts aren't hoping for a chance to shoot someone? Why do you want to arm Rambo wannabees who will take a shot every chance they get?
Thank you for continuing to prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Thank you for continuing to prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Yes or no......Some gun nuts are hoping for a chance to shoot someone.

Do you realize that people who carry guns have permits and require background checks and have to agree to the laws before those permits are issued by the County Sheriff?

A question that cannot be soundly answered, except by someone who knows the mind of all people.
Are you that person? I mean, you clearly think you are, but are you really?

Do you realize that people who carry guns have permits and require background checks and have to agree to the laws before those permits are issued by the County Sheriff?

Do you realize that is only true in some states?

A question that cannot be soundly answered, except by someone who knows the mind of all people.

I didn't say all, I said some. Answer the question or wuss out.....your choice.

I didn't say all, I said some.
I know that. My answer is sound.
The fact that you do not like my answer is, well, irrelevant.
Just like all of your arguments based on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

What is funny is that I go to Chik Fil A quite a bit and there are never any of those morons with their assault rifles in there. They always are trying to come into Chipolte or In and Out. You nailed it bycalling them fruitcakes.

Because I know the situation is more dangerous than it was before. As stated over and over, if guns made us safe, we'd have the safest society ever since we, by far, have the most guns. Instead, the opposite is true, we live in one of the most violent advanced societies on earth.

If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased.

As are yours.

"I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave. "

Your choice.

"If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased"

Statistics tell a much different story. Again, if guns made you safer, we'd have the safest society in the world. We don't. Case closed.

Do you realize that is only true in some states?

But did you notice what else he didn't say? Training.

I see a cop with a gun, I know she/he has been through training (both in accuracy and situational awareness). A bunch of guys carrying a small arsenal into the local eatery...not so much.

As are yours.

Your choice.

Statistics tell a much different story. Again, if guns made you safer, we'd have the safest society in the world. We don't. Case closed.

Do they?

[

We don't?

It's one of the safest in the world. Far safe walking the streets of New York, Los Angeles, or Dallas than you are walking the streets of London or Paris. Mexico has one of the most restrictive anti-gun laws in the world, yet Mexico City is by FAR the most dangerous city I've ever visited. Open carry Prescott Arizona on the other hand, is probably the safest city I've ever visited.

Murder statistics of gang bangers killing each other are irrelevant. List the statistics of assaults and strong arm robberies, kidnapping for ransom, etc. Guns make us safer, a LOT safer - which is why you leftists oppose them.

I didn't say all, I said some.
I know that. My answer is sound.
The fact that you do not like my answer is, well, irrelevant.
Just like all of your arguments based on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

You are actually going to say there are no gun nuts that drool over the hope of going Rambo some day? Talk about based on emotion.

Forum List

Back