Where does the constitution give Congress power to set up national health care?

Ah, well now you are talking about local and state taxes, not federal taxes.

Wow.

Yeah, I'm not following him either. I think it is avoidance.

I seem to recall a documentary or news story interviewing a private hospital where the financial manager made it clear that paying customer rates are higher to cover losses by uninsured patients. I also know that county hospitals do not tend to be trauma centers where major injuries are treated. That is expensive. Recovery happens at the county hospital or other care facility.
Thanks to obamacare we won't have to worry about that aspect of health care. It should save trillions of dollars by using preventive medicine instead of emergency facilities.

I love educating you obama trolls.

I seem to recall a documentary or news story interviewing a private hospital where the financial manager made it clear that paying customer rates are higher to cover losses by uninsured patients. I also know that county hospitals do not tend to be trauma centers where major injuries are treated. That is expensive. Recovery happens at the county hospital or other care facility.
Thanks to obamacare we won't have to worry about that aspect of health care. It should save trillions of dollars by using preventive medicine instead of emergency facilities.

I love educating you obama trolls.

What do you think you said?

That the "ACA will save trillions of dollars by using preventative medicine instead of emergency facilities."

So what do you think you educated him on?

Ah, well now you are talking about local and state taxes, not federal taxes.

Wow.

Time Magazine published an informative primer this year:

"http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2136864,00.html

60-Minutes several years ago had a story on how patients were dumped on county/public hospitals by for profit and non profit private hospitals. This entire anti Obamacare is an effort to protect the Golden Goose at the expense of the ill, infirm and aged.

60-Minutes several years ago had a story on how patients were dumped on county/public hospitals by for profit and non profit private hospitals. This entire anti Obamacare is an effort to protect the Golden Goose at the expense of the ill, infirm and aged.

Get you lips off my ass hole. I don't feel like giving you shit.

The health of the people is a national interest. It is an economic national interest. It is a national security interest.

Therefore the federal government, which if nothing else has the constitutional authority to protect this nation's interests,

has the authority to involve itself in healthcare.

It's such a huge national interest that it is specifically spelled out as something Congress should be involved in, right?

Oh that's right, Congress couldn't be bothered to try to amend the Constitution to make it a clear cut area of responsibility. They just shoehorn it into one of the nebulous area that they make up on the fly.

The health of the people is a national interest. It is an economic national interest. It is a national security interest.

Therefore the federal government, which if nothing else has the constitutional authority to protect this nation's interests,

ROFL marx has nothing on you. Be proud comrade wave that red flag!

Wow. Had you not posted this gem I would never have guessed you completed the third grade. Congratulations, you are almost literate. Your use of vulgar prose is accomplished, you can now feel fee to write on the walls of public restrooms, you are that good. A rare accomplishment for a Texan.

Last edited:
It's such a huge national interest that it is specifically spelled out as something Congress should be involved in, right?

Oh that's right, Congress couldn't be bothered to try to amend the Constitution to make it a clear cut area of responsibility. They just shoehorn it into one of the nebulous area that they make up on the fly.

Actually Chief Justice Roberts "shoehorned" it. Please try to keep up.

Wow. Had you not posted this gem I would never have guessed you completed the third grade. Congratulations, you are almost literate. Your use of vulgar prose is accomplished, you can now feel fee to write on the walls of public restrooms, you are that good. A rare accomplishment for a Texan.

All you are good at is stealing money from grandma to pay for your welfare. You are the scum of the earth. You accuse republicans of hoarding cash to kill people. Then wonder why you get vulgar comments in response. You are a TROLL. I spit on your face. I urinate on your shoes. I slap you. Run away little Troll.

HAHAHAHA. You're too stupid to even understand what this thread is about.

The constitution lists the areas in which congress may legislate and health care is not there.

The constitution lists the areas in which congress may legislate and health care is not there.

You obviously don't know what implied powers are. I'm not surprised .

ROFL marx has nothing on you. Be proud comrade wave that red flag!

How can the health of a nation's people not be a national interest?

We have a national system of government healthcare for veterans. Is that unconstitutional?

We have government doctors and nurses, etc., etc., in a government healthcare system in the military.

Is that unconstitutional?

How can you think that the health of the nation's people is not a national interest?

How can you believe that whether or not we have a healthy population of citizens is of no importance to the prosperity and security of this nation??

You obviously don't know what implied powers are. I'm not surprised .

The 10th Amendment plainly states there are NO implied powers, only enumerated powers, all others are reserved to the states or the people.

Actually, John Roberts, fuck be upon him, just said it's all good because it's a tax and Congress apparently has almost no limit to taxation powers whatsoever.

Poll taxes are a no go, but taxed for being alive is somehow kosher.

How can you think that the health of the nation's people is not a national interest?

How can you believe that whether or not we have a healthy population of citizens is of no importance to the prosperity and security of this nation??

I didn't say that. If it's so important, why hasn't the Constitution been amended to include health as one of Congress' areas of responsibility instead of just pretending it fits somewhere?

Actually, John Roberts, fuck be upon him, just said it's all good because it's a tax and Congress apparently has almost no limit to taxation powers whatsoever.

Poll taxes are a no go, but taxed for being alive is somehow kosher.

They key thing he endorsed was discriminatory taxation - the idea that taxes can be used as a tool to dictate behavior. This is, of course, not the purpose of granting government the power to levy taxes, but legislators long ago learned it could be used to do an end run around limitations on government power.

Forum List

Back